LK461 keyboard - Linux

This is a discussion on LK461 keyboard - Linux ; Does anyone have a working X configuration for a Compay LK461 keyboard? I am trying to set up a Linux workstation for an OpenVMS administrator and he insists on a working GOLD key for sedt. I would like to configure ...

  1. LK461 keyboard

    Does anyone have a working X configuration for a Compay LK461 keyboard?
    I am trying to set up a Linux workstation for an OpenVMS administrator
    and he insists on a working GOLD key for sedt. I would like to
    configure this in X if I can, if not I can try xmodmap (xkeycaps).

    Alfred Hovdestad
    University of Saskatchewan

  2. Re: LK461 keyboard

    Alfred Hovdestad scribbled something like this, on Wed, 03 Aug 2005
    11:27:16 -0600:

    > Does anyone have a working X configuration for a Compay LK461 keyboard?
    > I am trying to set up a Linux workstation for an OpenVMS administrator
    > and he insists on a working GOLD key for sedt. I would like to
    > configure this in X if I can, if not I can try xmodmap (xkeycaps).
    >
    > Alfred Hovdestad
    > University of Saskatchewan

    I've been thinking of doing this for quite some time, just haven't gotten
    around to it.

    There is (still I believe) a Swiss/German LK401 / LK460 in the kernel
    source, which might be a good place to start.

    If you get it working we'd all be very interested!

    --
    ---
    Swedish Chef

  3. Re: LK461 keyboard

    Alfred Hovdestad wrote:

    > Does anyone have a working X configuration for a Compay LK461 keyboard?
    > I am trying to set up a Linux workstation for an OpenVMS administrator
    > and he insists on a working GOLD key for sedt. I would like to
    > configure this in X if I can, if not I can try xmodmap (xkeycaps).

    Have you tried over on comp.os.vms ?

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    Coming soon:
    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page

  4. Re: LK461 keyboard

    Swedish Chef writes:

    > Alfred Hovdestad scribbled something like this, on Wed, 03 Aug 2005
    > 11:27:16 -0600:
    >
    >> Does anyone have a working X configuration for a Compay LK461 keyboard?
    >> I am trying to set up a Linux workstation for an OpenVMS administrator
    >> and he insists on a working GOLD key for sedt. I would like to
    >> configure this in X if I can, if not I can try xmodmap (xkeycaps).
    >>
    >> Alfred Hovdestad
    >> University of Saskatchewan

    > I've been thinking of doing this for quite some time, just haven't gotten
    > around to it.
    >
    > There is (still I believe) a Swiss/German LK401 / LK460 in the kernel
    > source, which might be a good place to start.

    XFree86/Xorg comes with keymaps for a few different LK4xx keyboards.
    Maybe one of those is close enough to be usable, or easy to tweak.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

+ Reply to Thread