Advanced Ks.cfg Options - Linux

This is a discussion on Advanced Ks.cfg Options - Linux ; Does anyone know if there is a way to stop a machine ejecting the cd before rebooting after an install of fedora (2). Also im looking for a way to make the machine come back up after the install in ...

  1. Advanced Ks.cfg Options

    Does anyone know if there is a way to stop a machine ejecting the cd
    before rebooting after an install of fedora (2). Also im looking for a
    way to make the machine come back up after the install in Rescue mode
    and run a script.

    Curious?

    Any help would be apreciated.

  2. Re: Advanced Ks.cfg Options

    also i want to do a minimal install but when i chose no options for
    packages anaconda asks me what packages i want to install what im after
    is as automatic a process as possible.

    anyone?

  3. Re: Advanced Ks.cfg Options

    ryan@yacc.co.uk writes:

    > Does anyone know if there is a way to stop a machine ejecting the cd
    > before rebooting after an install of fedora (2).

    Place something heavy in front of the drive ;-)

    Other than that, I can't think of anything else than modifying the
    installation program on the CD.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

  4. Re: Advanced Ks.cfg Options

    That could be a little bit of anything. Have you tried checking the
    following files and see if they are using the 'eject' command?
    /etc/init.d/halt
    /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/autoeject

    If you have a " /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/autoeject", then try the following:
    echo "0" > /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/autoeject

    Will L G

    wrote in message
    news:1122977160.899046.96500@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Does anyone know if there is a way to stop a machine ejecting the cd
    > before rebooting after an install of fedora (2). Also im looking for a
    > way to make the machine come back up after the install in Rescue mode
    > and run a script.
    >
    > Curious?
    >
    > Any help would be apreciated.

+ Reply to Thread