USB on DS10 - Linux

This is a discussion on USB on DS10 - Linux ; I can't get USB to work on the DS10. I have followed all the instructions in the documentation and checked on the linux-usb site in case there were extra hints. Everything compiles without problems, but when I mount /proc/bus/usb the ...

  1. USB on DS10

    I can't get USB to work on the DS10. I have followed all the
    instructions in the documentation and checked on the linux-usb
    site in case there were extra hints. Everything compiles without
    problems, but when I mount /proc/bus/usb the devices and other
    files aren't there. I am using linux-2.6.12 with the ohci usb
    support built in (not a module). I have the usb mount line in
    fstab.

    Can you help me please.

    Keith harwood.

  2. Re: USB on DS10

    Keith Harwood writes:

    > I can't get USB to work on the DS10. I have followed all the
    > instructions in the documentation and checked on the linux-usb
    > site in case there were extra hints. Everything compiles without
    > problems, but when I mount /proc/bus/usb the devices and other
    > files aren't there. I am using linux-2.6.12 with the ohci usb
    > support built in (not a module). I have the usb mount line in
    > fstab.
    >
    > Can you help me please.

    Maybe, if you post the outputs of lspci and dmesg. Have you tried
    building USB as modules instead? Sometimes it can make a difference.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

  3. Re: USB on DS10

    Keith Harwood wrote:

    > I can't get USB to work on the DS10. I have followed all the
    > instructions in the documentation and checked on the linux-usb
    > site in case there were extra hints. Everything compiles without
    > problems, but when I mount /proc/bus/usb the devices and other
    > files aren't there. I am using linux-2.6.12 with the ohci usb
    > support built in (not a module). I have the usb mount line in
    > fstab.

    I tried, as suggested, lspci and dmesg, intending to post them.
    lspci showed a device at 00:01.0. I cannot recall what else.
    dmesg showed things happening with USB. To get more details I
    tried cat /proc/pci. Previously this had showed (and I have the
    printout so I'm not working from memory here)
    Bus 0, device 1, function 0:
    USB Controller: Acer labs M5237 USB (rev 3).
    (and other stuff)

    It's not there any more. What's more, using SRM console command
    show config doesn't show it any more, nor does lspci and dmesg no
    longer shows any USB activity. /proc/bus/usb no longer exists.

    I've tried booting from a kernel with no USB device support.
    I've tried turning off the power, waiting and turning back on
    again. Nothing seems to bring the USB chip back to life. Surely
    it's not possible to damage it permanently just by trying to
    use it. The chip is embedded in the board, so it's not a case
    of a dodgy connection. The only device I connected to the USB
    was a memory stick.

    Help, please.

+ Reply to Thread