Netbackup client on Redhat 7.2 for alpha? - Linux

This is a discussion on Netbackup client on Redhat 7.2 for alpha? - Linux ; We have an alphaserver ES40 that we have had RH 7.2 installed on for some time. Until now, our attempts to install the veritas netbackup client on this have been unsuccessful. Has anyone succeeded in backing up an alpha running ...

  1. Netbackup client on Redhat 7.2 for alpha?

    We have an alphaserver ES40 that we have had RH 7.2 installed on for
    some time. Until now, our attempts to install the veritas netbackup
    client on this have been unsuccessful.
    Has anyone succeeded in backing up an alpha running linux by way of
    Netbackup? We are running netbackup 5.1.

    We tried installing the "OSF1_V5" client, as it was the only one
    written by Veritas for the alpha architecture. When I try to run bpcd
    (as root), the following error message is returned:

    bpcd : Fatal Error: cannot map libproplist.so

    I'm not sure how to acquire this library. My other linux-based
    netbackup clients (on intel chips) have never needed this one, and do
    not have it anywhere I can find.

    thank you

  2. Re: Netbackup client on Redhat 7.2 for alpha?

    Here you go, download the file below and compile/install:
    ftp://ftp.windowmaker.org/pub/libs/l...-0.10.1.tar.gz

    Sounds like thats all you're missing at the moment... Just compile with the
    following:
    ../configure --prefix=/usr ; make -s ; make install-strip -s
    and you should be on your way. Will L G

    "lparsons" wrote in message
    news:1121876302.661792.307920@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > We have an alphaserver ES40 that we have had RH 7.2 installed on for
    > some time. Until now, our attempts to install the veritas netbackup
    > client on this have been unsuccessful.
    > Has anyone succeeded in backing up an alpha running linux by way of
    > Netbackup? We are running netbackup 5.1.
    >
    > We tried installing the "OSF1_V5" client, as it was the only one
    > written by Veritas for the alpha architecture. When I try to run bpcd
    > (as root), the following error message is returned:
    >
    > bpcd : Fatal Error: cannot map libproplist.so
    >
    > I'm not sure how to acquire this library. My other linux-based
    > netbackup clients (on intel chips) have never needed this one, and do
    > not have it anywhere I can find.
    >
    > thank you

  3. Re: Netbackup client on Redhat 7.2 for alpha?

    I downloaded and installed the archive you pointed me to. This did not
    seem to change the situation. I still get the same error when I try to
    run "bpcd".

    I did notice that the /usr/lib/ directory had a file called
    libPropList.so after doing this installation, so I then made a symlink
    at "/usr/lib/libproplist.so" to /usr/lib/libPropList.so. This also did
    not seem to work.

    Is there something else I need to do after this to get bpcd to run? I
    followed your installation instructions, and then ran it and still got
    the same error message:

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd: : Fatal Error: cannot map libproplist.so

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Netbackup client on Redhat 7.2 for alpha?

    "lparsons" writes:
    > I downloaded and installed the archive you pointed me to. This did not
    > seem to change the situation. I still get the same error when I try to
    > run "bpcd".
    > [...]

    Honestly I doubt that the WindowMaker proplist lib will be of any help. I
    guess your best bet is to export (NFS) the stuff you want to backup and
    mount it on some other box that has a working client of netbackup
    installed... (or copy snapshots, etc)

    --
    Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer
    "Le disparu, si l'on vénère sa mémoire, est plus présent et

+ Reply to Thread