164LX Motherboard settings - Linux

This is a discussion on 164LX Motherboard settings - Linux ; I recently aquired a 164LX motherboard and a 500mhz 21164a CPU from two different locations. Every manual that I have seen shows that you can run this board at 466, 533 or 600mhz settings. I've seen various postings across the ...

  1. 164LX Motherboard settings

    I recently aquired a 164LX motherboard and a 500mhz 21164a CPU from two
    different locations. Every manual that I have seen shows that you can
    run this board at 466, 533 or 600mhz settings. I've seen various
    postings across the web from people who run this same board at 500mhz.
    What are the correct (and possibly undocumented) jumper settings to
    accomplish this?

  2. Re: 164LX Motherboard settings

    Mike Hlavac wrote:
    > I recently aquired a 164LX motherboard and a 500mhz 21164a CPU from two
    > different locations. Every manual that I have seen shows that you can
    > run this board at 466, 533 or 600mhz settings. I've seen various
    > postings across the web from people who run this same board at 500mhz.
    > What are the correct (and possibly undocumented) jumper settings to
    > accomplish this?

    I had a 164LX once and I don't think you can run it
    at exactly 500MHz. You could, however, overclock your
    500MHz CPU and run it at 533Mhz. Those Alpha CPUs had
    a very high quality. It's probably perfectly safe.

    mfg
    Dennis

    --
    The long journey to world domination begins with a single step.

    Illiad

  3. Re: 164LX Motherboard settings

    Yea, I've seen a few of them over clocked to 600mhz on eBay... They didn't
    seem to be suffering any probs at all. Will L G

    "Dennis Grevenstein" wrote in message
    > Mike Hlavac wrote:
    > > I recently aquired a 164LX motherboard and a 500mhz 21164a CPU from two
    > > different locations. Every manual that I have seen shows that you can
    > > run this board at 466, 533 or 600mhz settings. I've seen various
    > > postings across the web from people who run this same board at 500mhz.
    > > What are the correct (and possibly undocumented) jumper settings to
    > > accomplish this?

    > I had a 164LX once and I don't think you can run it
    > at exactly 500MHz. You could, however, overclock your
    > 500MHz CPU and run it at 533Mhz. Those Alpha CPUs had
    > a very high quality. It's probably perfectly safe.
    >
    > mfg
    > Dennis
    >
    > --
    > The long journey to world domination begins with a single step.
    >
    > Illiad

+ Reply to Thread