AlphaLinux Install problem - Linux

This is a discussion on AlphaLinux Install problem - Linux ; Hi, all I just try to install AlphaLinux on my DEC 500a Alpha workstation. I had download the AlphaLinux (svetlana) v1.0 and try to install by SRM. Everything going ok till the menu check CDROM screen display. When I choose ...

  1. AlphaLinux Install problem

    Hi, all

    I just try to install AlphaLinux on my DEC 500a Alpha workstation.
    I had download the AlphaLinux (svetlana) v1.0 and try to install
    by SRM. Everything going ok till the menu check CDROM screen
    display. When I choose skip the check and system display
    "error 2 reading header: cpio: Bad magic" and system going to
    reboot.

    I try to use v0.9, the same situation. (But I can choose install Language)

    Can any one tell me what step I make mistake? Thank you very much.

    ps1. in SRM >>> I use "boot dka100" to into aboot prompt.
    ps2. in aboot prompt, I use " b /kernels/vmlinux.gz
    initrd=/images/cdrom.img " to boot

    --
    MacGyver Pan (BIG5:FW)
    Network Management Section Chief and Instructor of Information Center of

  2. Re: AlphaLinux Install problem

    "Tung-Ming Pan" writes:

    > Hi, all
    >
    > I just try to install AlphaLinux on my DEC 500a Alpha workstation.

    Is this a PWS500, aka Miata?

    > I had download the AlphaLinux (svetlana) v1.0 and try to install
    > by SRM. Everything going ok till the menu check CDROM screen
    > display. When I choose skip the check and system display
    > "error 2 reading header: cpio: Bad magic" and system going to
    > reboot.

    Maybe your CD is bad. Have you tried reading it on another machine?
    Your CD drive could also be bad.

    --
    Mns Rullgrd
    mru@inprovide.com

  3. Re: AlphaLinux Install problem

    Il Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:07:58 +0800, Tung-Ming Pan ha scritto:
    > I just try to install AlphaLinux on my DEC 500a Alpha workstation.
    > I had download the AlphaLinux (svetlana) v1.0 and try to install
    > by SRM. Everything going ok till the menu check CDROM screen
    > display. When I choose skip the check and system display
    > "error 2 reading header: cpio: Bad magic" and system going to
    > reboot.

    you'd better use the new rock-solid Debian 3.1 Sarge.
    works on every alpha I own, expecially on PWS 500!! )

    bye
    gl

+ Reply to Thread