SCSI RAID for WST600a - Linux

This is a discussion on SCSI RAID for WST600a - Linux ; Hello, I need to buy a SCSI RAID controller for my Digital Workstation 600a. I tried to find information on _working_ configurations, but to no avail. Can anyone share experiences on what controllers you were able to boot linux off ...

  1. SCSI RAID for WST600a

    Hello,

    I need to buy a SCSI RAID controller for my Digital Workstation 600a.
    I tried to find information on _working_ configurations, but to no
    avail.
    Can anyone share experiences on what controllers you were able to
    boot linux off of SRM.
    linux 2.4.26, the latest SRM firmware and aboot.

    I'd be very grateful for any suggestions on that.
    Thanks.

    --
    [ .O. | Micha³ 'Mikey' Szwaczko | GPG Key#:0x653CBD53 ]
    [ ..O | Developer/Troubleshooter | GNU Generation Now! ]

  2. Re: SCSI RAID for WST600a

    1) Seach this newsgroup with the words "scsi raid" at google newsgroups.

    2) Someone had a list of compatible cards - lost the link :-(

    3) http://www.islandco.com/ -- check out the cards at the web
    site. If you have questions send an e-mail. They are pretty helpful.

    4) I have had excellent luck with older lsilogic cards, and srm works
    with them. Qlogic cards should work also.

    5) Don't know about raid lsilogic or qlogic cards.

    6) Try Linux 2.6.6 works like a charm with alpha.

    7) Don't know about scsi raid cards. I use the raid that is in linux
    kernel.

    8) I dropped scsi and use an ide raid setup using silicon image 610
    ide controller, but can't boot from this setup so I have to use cd
    boot, net boot, scsi drive boot, or floppy boot. The highpoint ide
    sata also works search this group for details.

    9) Had a nice lsilogic fibre channel card with fiber channel array but
    could not boot with this setup.

    Good luck.

    Michal> Hello, I need to buy a SCSI RAID controller for my Digital
    Michal> Workstation 600a. I tried to find information on _working_
    Michal> configurations, but to no avail. Can anyone share experiences
    Michal> on what controllers you were able to boot linux off of SRM.
    Michal> linux 2.4.26, the latest SRM firmware and aboot.

    Michal> I'd be very grateful for any suggestions on that. Thanks.

    Michal> -- [ .O. | Micha³ 'Mikey' Szwaczko | GPG Key#:0x653CBD53 ] [
    Michal> ..O | Developer/Troubleshooter | GNU Generation Now! ] [ OOO
    Michal> | If anything else fails, read the docs. ]

+ Reply to Thread