is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ? - Linux

This is a discussion on is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ? - Linux ; Hello Gurus, We have a server running Mandrake, and for those who are familiar w/ the distro, is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ? By this I mean, is there a way to reinstall the core files ...

  1. is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ?

    Hello Gurus,

    We have a server running Mandrake, and for those who are familiar w/ the
    distro, is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ? By this I mean,
    is there a way to reinstall the core files (like the kernel) while
    retaining setting and important files located in such places as /usr/,
    /etc/, and a few personally made /raid/... dirs. I know the SuSE 9.0 distro
    offers this function, and its quite easy to use, but I'm not sure if
    Mandrake offers anything similar.
    Your input is warmly appreciated.

    Ryan

  2. Re: is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ?

    Hi,

    I don't know if it is too late now, but if you can recover the system,
    have a google search on Mondo tool, it's a super 5 star backup tool
    which does exactly what you want, but you have to back up the system
    before.... so at least next time it won't happen!!!

    good luck
    frank

    "Ryan@NIH" wrote in message news:...
    > Hello Gurus,
    >
    > We have a server running Mandrake, and for those who are familiar w/ the
    > distro, is there a sensitive disk repair for Mandrake 9.2 ? By this I mean,
    > is there a way to reinstall the core files (like the kernel) while
    > retaining setting and important files located in such places as /usr/,
    > /etc/, and a few personally made /raid/... dirs. I know the SuSE 9.0 distro
    > offers this function, and its quite easy to use, but I'm not sure if
    > Mandrake offers anything similar.
    > Your input is warmly appreciated.
    >
    > Ryan

+ Reply to Thread