Strange behaviour during start up - Linux

This is a discussion on Strange behaviour during start up - Linux ; Hi. Recently I encounter a strange behaviour, when the system (PWS500au) is not active for one or two days. Instead of starting with SRM console it now starts with Alpha-Bios and the the clock is askew. Any ideas what might ...

  1. Strange behaviour during start up

    Hi.

    Recently I encounter a strange behaviour, when the system (PWS500au)
    is not active for one or two days.

    Instead of starting with SRM console it now starts with Alpha-Bios and
    the the clock is askew.

    Any ideas what might happen here? I encounter this problem since I
    upgraded X-> XFree 4.3.x

    TIA

    Torsten
    --
    s-mail: Neckarstr. 120 Torsten Zirzlaff
    70190 Stuttgart

    | The shortest unit of time in the universe is the New York Second, defined |
    | as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab |
    | behind you honking. -- Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies' |

  2. Re: Strange behaviour during start up

    Torsten Zirzlaff writes:

    > Hi.
    >
    > Recently I encounter a strange behaviour, when the system (PWS500au)
    > is not active for one or two days.
    >
    > Instead of starting with SRM console it now starts with Alpha-Bios and
    > the the clock is askew.

    Check your battery.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se

  3. Re: Strange behaviour during start up

    Måns Rullgård writes:

    > Torsten Zirzlaff writes:
    >
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> Recently I encounter a strange behaviour, when the system (PWS500au)
    >> is not active for one or two days.
    >>
    >> Instead of starting with SRM console it now starts with Alpha-Bios and
    >> the the clock is askew.

    > Check your battery.

    Come to think of it, I have a pws board that does the same way, even
    with a fresh battery. Maybe it's possible to remove alphabios
    entirely.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se