Installing suse 8.1 on a AS500/333 - Linux

This is a discussion on Installing suse 8.1 on a AS500/333 - Linux ; Hi, I think i have a known problem to install Suse 8.1 on my AS500/333. The machine has 320MB RAM and two SCSI HD's with each 2GB space, CD-ROM and a matrox millenium vga-card with 2MB. Can anyone tell me ...

  1. Installing suse 8.1 on a AS500/333

    Hi,

    I think i have a known problem to install Suse 8.1 on my AS500/333.
    The machine has 320MB RAM and two SCSI HD's with each 2GB
    space, CD-ROM and a matrox millenium vga-card with 2MB. Can anyone
    tell me (maybe step by step) how i can work around the bug with
    "Not enough disk space for a minimal installation and ERROR: No
    proposal"
    and install Suse 8.1 succesful? I've heard that there's a problem with
    the partitioning and fdisk, but I don't know how to fix it, because
    i've tried
    the tip to partition the HD's from another console with fdisk, but
    Yast2
    fails after rebooting again with the same error. Maybe there's a FAQ
    about
    this problem or something other helpful links.

    Thanks in advance

    Roman

  2. Re: Installing suse 8.1 on a AS500/333

    Hi,

    Roman Rupp wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I think i have a known problem to install Suse 8.1 on my AS500/333.
    > The machine has 320MB RAM and two SCSI HD's with each 2GB
    > space, CD-ROM and a matrox millenium vga-card with 2MB.

    I had similar problems with my AS600. Neither Suse nor RedHat works.
    The solution was Debian Woody.

    Sorry, no other suggestion.

    Regards
    Dominik