Q: SCSI on Miata (PWS 500a) - Linux

This is a discussion on Q: SCSI on Miata (PWS 500a) - Linux ; Hi. What kind of SCSI-controller could be used on a Miata? Currently I have a Symbioslogic based one with 40MB/s are there faster ones possibe from which I could boot or not? TIA Torsten -- s-mail: Neckarstr. 120 Torsten Zirzlaff ...

  1. Q: SCSI on Miata (PWS 500a)

    --
    s-mail: Neckarstr. 120 Torsten Zirzlaff
    70190 Stuttgart

    | The shortest unit of time in the universe is the New York Second, defined |
    | as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab |
    | behind you honking. -- Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies' |

  2. Re: Q: SCSI on Miata (PWS 500a)

    Il Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:57:42 +0100, Torsten Zirzlaff ha scritto:
    hat kind of SCSI-controller could be used on a Miata? Currently I
    > have a Symbioslogic based one with 40MB/s are there faster ones possibe
    > from which I could boot or not?

    Hello

    I'm using a Symbios 895 based controller which handles 80MB/s
    I would be very interested in knowing whether the faster 160MB/s and
    320MB/s controllers do work in Miata.
    Or you could search for a DEC fiber channel controller, very cheap at ebay.

    Bye
    gl

  3. Re: Q: SCSI on Miata (PWS 500a)

    "gl " writes:

    > Il Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:57:42 +0100, Torsten Zirzlaff ha scritto:
    > hat kind of SCSI-controller could be used on a Miata? Currently I
    >> have a Symbioslogic based one with 40MB/s are there faster ones possibe
    >> from which I could boot or not?

    > Hello
    >
    > I'm using a Symbios 895 based controller which handles 80MB/s
    > I would be very interested in knowing whether the faster 160MB/s and
    > 320MB/s controllers do work in Miata.

    You'll have a hard time pushing 320 MB/s through a PCI32/33 bus. On
    MiataGL you can use the 64-bit slots, but the limit is still around
    260 MB/s.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se

  4. Re: Q: SCSI on Miata (PWS 500a)

    Il Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:17:48 +0100, Måns Rullgård ha scritto:
    >> I'm using a Symbios 895 based controller which handles 80MB/s I would be
    >> very interested in knowing whether the faster 160MB/s and 320MB/s
    >> controllers do work in Miata.

    > You'll have a hard time pushing 320 MB/s through a PCI32/33 bus. On
    > MiataGL you can use the 64-bit slots, but the limit is still around 260
    > MB/s.

    Oh, that's a good point.
    So it isn't worth time and money to search for such card and put into
    Miata...

    Bye
    gl

+ Reply to Thread