Which MILO image for Digital Alpha XL 366? - Linux

This is a discussion on Which MILO image for Digital Alpha XL 366? - Linux ; Hello, i would like to update my kernel (2.2 -> 2.4), so i also need to update MILO. I also found some MILO floppy images. But now, i am very confused: which image do i need for my Digital Alpha ...

  1. Which MILO image for Digital Alpha XL 366?

    Hello,

    i would like to update my kernel (2.2 -> 2.4), so i also
    need to update MILO. I also found some MILO floppy images.
    But now, i am very confused: which image do i need for my
    Digital Alpha XL 366. xl or xlt?

    xl seems to be the right machine class (Digital Alpha XL, not
    Alcor) but the xlt image supports an so-called XL-366.
    Can someone help me?

    Yours sincerely,
    Stefan Reier

  2. Re: Which MILO image for Digital Alpha XL 366?

    Stefan Reier wrote:

    > Hello,

    > i would like to update my kernel (2.2 -> 2.4), so i also
    > need to update MILO. I also found some MILO floppy images.
    > But now, i am very confused: which image do i need for my
    > Digital Alpha XL 366. xl or xlt?

    XL milo worked for my XL300, same thing with different clock speed.
    Alcor didn't, loaded up but hanged.

  3. Re: Which MILO image for Digital Alpha XL 366?

    Hi,

    You do not necessarily need to step up to a later MILO.
    However you need to secure legacy-address usage by the kernel.

    I still use MILO against 2.0.35 ( Thanks Jay Estabrook :-)) )
    to kick-off XL-300 with 2.4.18.

    _H

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:07:07 +0000 (UTC), "Stefan Reier"
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > i would like to update my kernel (2.2 -> 2.4), so i also
    > need to update MILO. I also found some MILO floppy images.
    > But now, i am very confused: which image do i need for my
    > Digital Alpha XL 366. xl or xlt?
    >
    > xl seems to be the right machine class (Digital Alpha XL, not
    > Alcor) but the xlt image supports an so-called XL-366.
    > Can someone help me?
    >
    > Yours sincerely,
    > Stefan Reier

  4. Re: Which MILO image for Digital Alpha XL 366?

    Stefan Reier wrote:
    > xl seems to be the right machine class (Digital Alpha XL, not
    > Alcor) but the xlt image supports an so-called XL-366.
    > Can someone help me?

    I've always used the xlt milos for my XL-366.
    --
    Huw Davies | e-mail: Huw.Davies@kerberos.davies.net.au
    Melbourne | "If soccer was meant to be played in the

+ Reply to Thread