reebot problem - Linux

This is a discussion on reebot problem - Linux ; Hi, I have ALPHA ES40 server with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and it was working fine. But due to some reason i have give reboot command. After that i am not able to boot. p00>> boot dka0 -fl 0,0 it ...

  1. reebot problem

    Hi,
    I have ALPHA ES40 server with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and it was working fine. But
    due to some reason i have give reboot command.
    After that i am not able to boot.
    p00>> boot dka0 -fl 0,0
    it started telling
    block 0 is not valid
    bootstrap failure.
    if i am giving show dev on SRM i.e p00>> show dev its giving all the
    devices

    i did all combination i.e
    >> set botdef_dev dka0
    >> set boot_osflags 0
    >> set boot_file ""
    >> boot dka0 -fl 0

    it is giving same error, i don't know what happen. but i am able to boot
    tru64 OS which is on other disk .

    Can anybody help me out.

    Thanks is advance

    Deepak

  2. Re: reebot problem

    I assume >> set botdef_dev dka0
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    is a typo and you really typed:

    set bootdef_dev dka0

    --
    David McKenzie

    elimate rugby to reply

    Email: david.mckenzie@paradigm-shift.rugby.biz
    Web: http://www.paradigm-shift.biz/

    IT Law and security a bad mix

    "Deepak Kumar" wrote in message
    news:63b7a447.0312260321.6cc9483@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi,
    > I have ALPHA ES40 server with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and it was working

    fine. But
    > due to some reason i have give reboot command.
    > After that i am not able to boot.
    > p00>> boot dka0 -fl 0,0
    > it started telling
    > block 0 is not valid
    > bootstrap failure.
    > if i am giving show dev on SRM i.e p00>> show dev its giving all the
    > devices
    >
    > i did all combination i.e
    > >> set botdef_dev dka0
    > >> set boot_osflags 0
    > >> set boot_file ""
    > >> boot dka0 -fl 0

    > it is giving same error, i don't know what happen. but i am able to boot
    > tru64 OS which is on other disk .
    >
    > Can anybody help me out.
    >
    > Thanks is advance
    >
    > Deepak