USB PCI board for AS500/400 - Linux

This is a discussion on USB PCI board for AS500/400 - Linux ; Hi everybody, Recently I got a couple of old AS500/400 Mhz wich seem to work very finely with Debian 3.0. In order to open the possibilities (external CD burner, harddrive, digicam & iPod) of this system I want to install ...

  1. USB PCI board for AS500/400

    Hi everybody,
    Recently I got a couple of old AS500/400 Mhz wich seem to work very
    finely with Debian 3.0.
    In order to open the possibilities (external CD burner, harddrive,
    digicam & iPod) of this system I want to install a USB card on the PCI
    bus.
    Did someone make experience in this kind with this old but fine
    machines?

    Gonzalo Pirobutirro

  2. Re: USB PCI board for AS500/400

    gonzalo69@libero.it (Gonzalo Pirobutirro) writes:

    > Hi everybody,
    > Recently I got a couple of old AS500/400 Mhz wich seem to work very
    > finely with Debian 3.0.
    > In order to open the possibilities (external CD burner, harddrive,
    > digicam & iPod) of this system I want to install a USB card on the PCI
    > bus.
    > Did someone make experience in this kind with this old but fine
    > machines?

    I have an Adaptec branded USB2 card with a NEC chip that's working
    fine in an SX164.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se