Debian Alpha + Java - Linux

This is a discussion on Debian Alpha + Java - Linux ; Hey, Anyone able to get a Java plugin to work on Debian?? Any DEC Alpha linux flavor?? I've searched and read but I just can't seem to find anything recent. I've installed the kafee package, not sure that's what I ...

  1. Debian Alpha + Java

    Hey, Anyone able to get a Java plugin to work on Debian?? Any DEC
    Alpha linux flavor?? I've searched and read but I just can't seem to
    find anything recent. I've installed the kafee package, not sure that's
    what I need. Not sure if I have to make a link. I'm trying to get this
    to work in the Mozilla that ships with Woody. I can uninstall that and
    try something else if that is the problem.It's just a PITA to have to go
    over to my X86 to browse certain sites. TIA.

  2. Re: Debian Alpha + Java

    Il Wed, 24 Dec 2003 03:13:09 +0000, retorq ha scritto:

    > Hey, Anyone able to get a Java plugin to work on Debian?? Any DEC Alpha
    > linux flavor?? I've searched and read but I just can't seem to find
    > anything recent. I've installed the kafee package, not sure that's what I
    > need. Not sure if I have to make a link. I'm trying to get this to work
    > in the Mozilla that ships with Woody. I can uninstall that and try
    > something else if that is the problem.It's just a PITA to have to go over
    > to my X86 to browse certain sites. TIA.

    There is no plugin from HP/Compaq JVM.
    I know that a Kaffe plugin for Mozilla exists, but I never tried it

    Bye
    gl

  3. Re: Debian Alpha + Java

    retorq wrote:
    > Hey, Anyone able to get a Java plugin to work on Debian?? Any DEC
    > Alpha linux flavor?? I've searched and read but I just can't seem to
    > find anything recent. I've installed the kafee package, not sure that's
    > what I need. Not sure if I have to make a link. I'm trying to get this
    > to work in the Mozilla that ships with Woody. I can uninstall that and
    > try something else if that is the problem.It's just a PITA to have to go
    > over to my X86 to browse certain sites. TIA.

    Anyone else have any ideas?? I just need something simple, I'm not
    looking to run wierd wild java games stuff, just simple chat scripts and
    normal everyday web stuff.

+ Reply to Thread