How many "advocates" have me killfiled? - Linux

This is a discussion on How many "advocates" have me killfiled? - Linux ; Not a trick question ;-)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 163

  1. How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Not a trick question ;-)

  2. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    "DFS" writes:

    > Not a trick question ;-)

    One has to laugh. Liarnut et al are constantly boasting at how many
    posts they do NOT read! So much for "open" eh?

    Hypocrites to a man. And this constant "with the wintrolls killfiled we
    can discuss advocacy better" garbage makes me laugh. How the hell can
    anyone discuss anything with anyone as thick as WronG/HPT/Robin T Cox or
    chrisv?

    Oh good! The perfect .sig for this post!

    --
    I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out
    there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is

    However, my enthusiasm for the modular tree is tempered by some parts of
    it not existing.
    -- Daniel Stone on debian-{x,devel}, commenting on the
    future of X

  3. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    In article ,
    "DFS" wrote:

    > Not a trick question ;-)

    All the stupid ones. I've never understood why someone who is trying to
    advocate something would want to let his opponents have the last word
    all the time. That's what happens when they killfile you--they give you
    the last word on their threads.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >> Not a trick question ;-)

    > All the stupid ones.

    Wrong as usual, Timmy twit.

    > I've never understood why someone who is trying to
    > advocate something would want to let his opponents have the last word
    > all the time.

    You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. Because the alternative
    is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid, repetitive garbage. Do
    DO know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of **** just recycles and spews
    the same worthless garbage over and over, despite being corrected and
    rebuked?

    > That's what happens when they killfile you--they give you
    > the last word on their threads.

    Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

  5. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:
    [idiocy deleted]

    You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    chrisv wrote:
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >>> Not a trick question ;-)

    >> All the stupid ones.

    > Wrong as usual, Timmy twit.

    Tim Smith is wrong. He forgot to count you plonkboi.

  7. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    chrisv wrote:

    > Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    > starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  8. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    chrisv wrote:

    > Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    > starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage, for example. Just an idea ;-)

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  9. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    ml2mst writes:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    >> starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    > We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage, for example. Just an idea ;-)
    >
    > Cheers

    This gets funnier by the second! Keep it up lads - it's like watching a
    bunch of rabid monkeys trying to organise a tea party.

    --
    Joy: thanks, joy
    elmo: that's redundant, elmo

  10. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:30:03 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "DFS" wrote:
    >
    >> Not a trick question ;-)

    > All the stupid ones. I've never understood why someone who is trying to
    > advocate something would want to let his opponents have the last word
    > all the time. That's what happens when they killfile you--they give you
    > the last word on their threads.

    Exactly!!
    The same thing happens when one of their own goes berzerk spamming the
    group over and over again unchecked with stupid messages.
    All it does is cloud up their very limited discussion.

    Notice how that even though they claim to have all these various people
    kill filed, many never miss an opportunity to respond third party.

    So not only the Linux loons hypocrites, they are frightened to debate as
    well.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    > already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.

    You seem to be a typical troll who likes to attack his superiors with
    made-up bull****.

    You see, Timmy twit, there's a gray area between what you just claimed
    and reading/debunking the same garbage from the same fsckwits time and
    time and time again.

  12. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:53:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > chrisv wrote:
    > [idiocy deleted]
    >
    > You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    > already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.

    It sure seems that way.
    Roy's posts on digg.com rarely get any replies excpet when his spamming
    machine goes amok and he gets caught.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On 2008-05-31, ml2mst claimed:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    >> starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    > We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage, for example. Just an idea ;-)
    >
    > Cheers

    That would be better than quoting and responding.

    But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually
    [get fired|miss the attention] and go away. If they get fired they
    won't be back, not even as a sock. If they go away, they'll probably
    come back eventually. But if they get forced to go away again, they're
    probably through with this group, and they'll go looking for someplace
    where they're fed better.

    Where are WJ "Dumb" Bell, Simone Kooke, Shawn Grant, My Cox, Oliver
    Whozits et al? I had 4 of the 5 killfiled, so I didn't respond to them
    anyway. But I saw responses to them until one day I didn't. I take that
    to mean they went away. *Something* chased them off.

    --
    Windows: In what position would you like to be taken today?

  14. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:25:47 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >>> Not a trick question ;-)

    >> All the stupid ones.

    > Wrong as usual, Timmy twit.
    >
    >> I've never understood why someone who is trying to advocate something
    >> would want to let his opponents have the last word all the time.

    > You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. Because the alternative
    > is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid, repetitive garbage. Do DO
    > know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of **** just recycles and spews the
    > same worthless garbage over and over, despite being corrected and rebuked?

    Then you end up dancing to the troll's tune.

    >> That's what happens when they killfile you--they give you the last word
    >> on their threads.

    This is utter bull**** from a Mactroll. Trolls are just not worth
    responding to, period.

    > Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    > starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    Indeed we would.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  15. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On 2008-05-31, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,
    > chrisv wrote:
    > [idiocy deleted]
    >
    > You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    > already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.

    Whereas you think the purpose of Linux advocacy is to sit around telling
    people how **** it is....

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  16. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Gregory Shearman writes:

    > On 2008-05-31, Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >> [idiocy deleted]
    >>
    >> You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    >> already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.

    > Whereas you think the purpose of Linux advocacy is to sit around telling
    > people how **** it is....

    Would you like to post a link where Tim Smith does that? No? I thought
    not.

    --
    udp - universal dropping of an pigeon

  17. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-05-31, ml2mst claimed:
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the attention-
    >>> starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    >> We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage, for example. Just an idea ;-)
    >>
    >> Cheers

    > That would be better than quoting and responding.
    >
    > But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually
    > [get fired|miss the attention] and go away. If they get fired they
    > won't be back, not even as a sock. If they go away, they'll probably
    > come back eventually. But if they get forced to go away again, they're
    > probably through with this group, and they'll go looking for someplace
    > where they're fed better.

    Exactly my point ;-)

    > Where are WJ "Dumb" Bell, Simone Kooke, Shawn Grant, My Cox, Oliver
    > Whozits et al? I had 4 of the 5 killfiled, so I didn't respond to them
    > anyway. But I saw responses to them until one day I didn't. I take that
    > to mean they went away. *Something* chased them off.

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  18. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    William Poaster wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I've never understood why someone who is trying to advocate something
    >>> would want to let his opponents have the last word all the time.

    >> You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. Because the
    >> alternative is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid, repetitive
    >> garbage. Do DO know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of **** just
    >> recycles and spews the same worthless garbage over and over, despite
    >> being corrected and rebuked?

    > Then you end up dancing to the troll's tune.

    Yeah, Timmy is again showing us what an imbecile he is. He just *cant*
    understand why the advocates should not carefully read each flatfish (or
    whomever) post and rebut, for the _1000th time_, all the SAME "points".

    Filthy liars, immoral assholes, trolling fsckwits. Who could understand
    not wanting to read their garbage?

    Sheesh!

  19. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    In article ,
    Sinister Midget wrote:
    > But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually
    > [get fired|miss the attention] and go away. If they get fired they
    > won't be back, not even as a sock. If they go away, they'll probably

    Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that someone were being paid to
    post here to discourage Linux adoption. Given the choice between a
    thread that looks like this:

    Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...

    Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...

    Linux advocate: Nope, and here's why....

    and a thread that looks like this:

    Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...

    Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...

    [silence from Linux advocates]

    Do you really think the people paying the anti-advocate are going to be
    displeased with the later!? To people who are coming here to actually
    help decide on Linux, the later makes it look like Linux advocates
    cannot rebut the anti-advocate arguments. That's just the outcome
    someone paying would want, as the undecideds are the ones they want to
    persuade.

    My God...just watch any kind of serious debate, whether it be a school
    debate team match, or lawyers arguing a trial, or politicians debating
    before an election, and note how rare it is to pass on a chance to
    answer the opponent.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  20. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:
    [self nuke deleted]

    Wow.