How many "advocates" have me killfiled? - Linux

This is a discussion on How many "advocates" have me killfiled? - Linux ; "Hadron" schreef in bericht news:g1sdqn$ghb$6@registered.motzarella.org... > ml2mst writes: > >> chrisv wrote: >> >>> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the >>> attention- >>> starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off. >> >> We ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 163

Thread: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

  1. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    "Hadron" schreef in bericht
    news:g1sdqn$ghb$6@registered.motzarella.org...
    > ml2mst writes:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the
    >>> attention-
    >>> starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    >>
    >> We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage, for example. Just an idea
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Cheers

    >
    > This gets funnier by the second! Keep it up lads - it's like watching a
    > bunch of rabid monkeys trying to organise a tea party.
    >


    The "Hackwerk gang" tea party in action!
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...RTOONZ_127.JPG

  2. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    "ml2mst" schreef in bericht
    news:g1sdjo$mfh$2@news.albasani.net...
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the
    >> attention-
    >> starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    >
    > We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage,


    Yea, sure you hypocrite!
    off topic garbage like you exposing your homosexuality widely across usenet?
    off topic garbage like Gerard "****ing his brains out", "Which you silly
    sissies can't accomplish"?
    off topic garbage like the hackwerk poster?
    off topic garbage like flirting with HPT, (handsome) Don and (hero) Roy
    Schestowitz?
    off topic garbage like viciously attacking Dr. Franz-Jozef Hueker?
    off topic garbage like adverts for Free Vista look for Windows XP?
    off topic garbage like the announcement of the release of your CD-ROM
    "BOXED"
    The list is endless!

    > for example. Just an idea ;-)

    --
    PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/



  3. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:53:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > chrisv wrote:
    > [idiocy deleted]
    >
    > You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    > already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.


    No, Timmy, we know that's not the case. We also know that there's
    absolutely no point in discussing things with people - such as DFS - who
    spew the same tired old crap over and over and over, despite being called
    on it and corrected on it.

    If they'd at least show enough integrity to say "Okay, I was wrong about
    that, I'll try something else", they'd likely not be killfiled.

    On a related note, I'll point out that virtually every Linux advocate
    here has, at some point, admitted quite freely that even Windows has some
    good points and some uses, and most, when having suggested something
    which isn't actually true about Windows, have admitted their errors and
    corrected them.

    When's the last time you saw the Wintrolls do this? No, wait, let's take
    a specific: market share and web stats. They've collectively had the
    shortcomings of these measures explained to them about 97,000 times...
    yet when I read my news today, what do I see? Oh, yes, another Wintroll
    spewing the same tired, old web stats again.

    We simply *don't give a damn* about these people. They are pimples on
    the ass of humanity. The ones who want to come in and ask legitimate
    questions - "How can I do this in Linux?", "How difficult is it to
    migrate to Linux and what, if any 'gotchas' do I need to worry about?" -
    these folks we're happy to deal with.

    We're even happy to deal with the ones who simply spew misconceptions,
    whether about Linux being hard to use, or only for geeks, or less
    reliable, etc, etc, etc. We're just not interested in dealing with the
    ones who are absolutely proof against education, the ones who *know* when
    they're spewing crap but lack the integrity to stop.


  4. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:38:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Sinister Midget wrote:
    >> But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually
    >> [get fired|miss the attention] and go away. If they get fired they
    >> won't be back, not even as a sock. If they go away, they'll probably

    >
    > Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that someone were being paid to
    > post here to discourage Linux adoption. Given the choice between a
    > thread that looks like this:
    >
    > Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...
    >
    > Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...
    >
    > Linux advocate: Nope, and here's why....
    >
    > and a thread that looks like this:
    >
    > Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...
    >
    > Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...
    >
    > [silence from Linux advocates]
    >
    > Do you really think the people paying the anti-advocate are going to be
    > displeased with the later!?


    If I were paying them, I would be incensed at most of them.

    "What, you let it get into the record, not once but dozens of times, that
    your argument about web stats is complete and utter bull****... yet
    you're *still making it*? We're not paying you to come across as stupid
    or dishonest, we're paying you to come across with sound arguments.
    You're failing, miserably. You're rehashing the same tired old crap and
    you've had it shoved down your throats repeatedly. Get some new
    material, say something which might actually justify your paycheck, or
    get out."


  5. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:43:55 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> I've never understood why someone who is trying to advocate something
    >>>> would want to let his opponents have the last word all the time.
    >>>
    >>> You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. Because the
    >>> alternative is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid, repetitive
    >>> garbage. Do DO know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of **** just
    >>> recycles and spews the same worthless garbage over and over, despite
    >>> being corrected and rebuked?

    >>
    >> Then you end up dancing to the troll's tune.

    >
    > Yeah, Timmy is again showing us what an imbecile he is. He just *cant*
    > understand why the advocates should not carefully read each flatfish (or
    > whomever) post and rebut, for the _1000th time_, all the SAME "points".


    Or DFS for that matter.

    As for "let his opponents have the last word all the time", that's why
    at the end of a post when binning someone lets *everyone* know
    that the troll will be ignored. Typically, trolls will still respond after
    that, but they may as well talk to themselves.
    It's something to look for in newsgroups, especially if a few people do it
    to a particular poster.

    > Filthy liars, immoral assholes, trolling fsckwits. Who could understand
    > not wanting to read their garbage?
    >
    > Sheesh!


    Quite.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  6. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 16:54:58 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-05-31, ml2mst claimed:
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yeah, and if everyone people did this, instead of rewarding the
    >>> attention- starved assholes with responses, we'd all be better off.

    >>
    >> We could start with *NOT* quoting the garbage, for example. Just an idea
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> Cheers

    >
    > That would be better than quoting and responding.
    >
    > But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually
    > [get fired|miss the attention] and go away. If they get fired they won't
    > be back, not even as a sock. If they go away, they'll probably come back
    > eventually. But if they get forced to go away again, they're probably
    > through with this group, and they'll go looking for someplace where
    > they're fed better.


    Quite so.

    > Where are WJ "Dumb" Bell, Simone Kooke, Shawn Grant, My Cox, Oliver
    > Whozits et al? I had 4 of the 5 killfiled, so I didn't respond to them
    > anyway. But I saw responses to them until one day I didn't. I take that to
    > mean they went away. *Something* chased them off.


    When a troll can't goad anyone in to replying, even after morphing &
    sockpuppetry, they get frustrated & eventually leave the group.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  7. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On May 31, 2:25*pm, chrisv wrote:
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    > >> Not a trick question ;-)

    >
    > > All the stupid ones. *

    >
    > Wrong as usual, Timmy twit.
    >
    > > I've never understood why someone who is trying to
    > > advocate something would want to let his opponents have the last word
    > > all the time. *

    >
    > You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. *Because the alternative
    > is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid, repetitive garbage. *Do
    > DO know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of **** just recycles and spews
    > the same worthless garbage over and over, despite being corrected and
    > rebuked?
    >


    Roy?

  8. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Jun 1, 3:45*pm, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:53:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > *chrisv wrote:
    > > [idiocy deleted]

    >
    > > You seem to think the the purpose of Linux advocacy is for people who
    > > already use Linux to sit around telling each other how great it is.

    >
    > No, Timmy, we know that's not the case. *We also know that there's
    > absolutely no point in discussing things with people - such as DFS - who
    > spew the same tired old crap over and over and over, despite being called
    > on it and corrected on it.
    >
    > If they'd at least show enough integrity to say "Okay, I was wrong about
    > that, I'll try something else", they'd likely not be killfiled.
    >
    > On a related note, I'll point out that virtually every Linux advocate
    > here has, at some point, admitted quite freely that even Windows has some
    > good points and some uses, and most, when having suggested something
    > which isn't actually true about Windows, have admitted their errors and
    > corrected them. *
    >
    > When's the last time you saw the Wintrolls do this? *No, wait, let's take
    > a specific: market share and web stats. *They've collectively had the
    > shortcomings of these measures explained to them about 97,000 times...
    > yet when I read my news today, what do I see? *Oh, yes, another Wintroll
    > spewing the same tired, old web stats again.
    >


    Ahh, you and your supposed picking appart of the web stats again.
    You've never shown any shortcomings. All you've shown is that it is a
    statistic and has a margin of error. No ****. Your problem is you
    don't see the results of the stats in the correct light.

    And I supposed you consider me a Wintroll for some reason, but I can
    assure you I've pointed out the greatness of Linux when it applies
    (even advocated distros) much more than any Linux advocate has said
    anything about Windows. Please post one link where you have said
    something good about Windows.

  9. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    So anyway, it was like, 19:30 CEST May 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    Tim Smith was all like, "Dude,
    > In article ,
    > "DFS" wrote:


    >> Not a trick question ;-)

    >
    > All the stupid ones. [..]


    If reading that particular troll's articles is your idea of the smart
    thing to do, I think I know someone who can sell you a nice bridge for
    a reasonable price.

    No, seriously. Are you serious?

    --
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. Perth ---> *
    14:31:11 up 33 days, 19:57, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.02
    Linux 2.6.23.12 x86_64 GNU/Linux Registered Linux user #261729

  10. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), cc wrote:

    > On May 31, 2:25*pm, chrisv wrote:
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>> Not a trick question ;-)

    >>
    >>> All the stupid ones. *

    >>
    >> Wrong as usual, Timmy twit.
    >>
    >>> I've never understood why someone who is trying to
    >>> advocate something would want to let his opponents have the last word
    >>> all the time. *

    >>
    >> You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. *Because the alternative
    >> is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid, repetitive garbage. *Do
    >> DO know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of **** just recycles and spews
    >> the same worthless garbage over and over, despite being corrected and
    >> rebuked?
    >>

    >
    > Roy?


    Sounds like a perfect description of Roy Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    [snips]

    On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 05:14:00 -0700, cc wrote:

    > Ahh, you and your supposed picking appart of the web stats again. You've
    > never shown any shortcomings.


    Let's look at a hypothetical case. We'll assume facebook shows 90%
    Windows users and 5% Linux. Here's the question for you: from these,
    tell us about how many Linux users there are. Not Linux users of
    facebook, but Linux users period.

    In order to figure that out, you need to know just how popular facebook
    is with Linux users in general. Sure, you know that 5% of your visitors
    use Linux, but does that represent 5% of Linux users, or 50%, or 1/100th
    of a percent?

    Figuring that out is a simple bit of math: divide the total number of
    Linux users by the number who use facebook.

    Dividing "the total number of Linux users..." - let's see if, given this,
    you can figure out why, exactly, such stats are worthless in determining
    the total number of Linux users...

    .... and thus why such web stats are useless for this purpose.


  12. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    In article ,
    William Poaster wrote:
    > As for "let his opponents have the last word all the time", that's why
    > at the end of a post when binning someone lets *everyone* know
    > that the troll will be ignored. Typically, trolls will still respond after


    Really? So, if DFS posts a bunch of links showing Linux having problems
    with some area that, say, Roy, has declared Linux great in, your past
    of DFS in some other thread will somehow magically alert all
    current readers that DFS is being ignored for that reason, rather than
    being ignored because no one has a good answer?

    It may be hard to believe, but there are actually new people coming to
    this group. The new names aren't *all* just new HPT and Culley sock
    puppets.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  13. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >It may be hard to believe, but there are actually new people coming to
    >this group.


    Yeah, and any of them that are worth "saving" will immediately
    identify the trolls, by the troll's obvious idiocy and dishonesty.

    All it takes is seeing, ONCE, **** like "If Linux is so good, why does
    it only have 1% market share?", to know that the person asking the
    question is a worthless fsckwit.

    No rebuttal required, in many cases like this.


  14. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Really? So, if DFS posts a bunch of links showing Linux having problems
    > with some area that, say, Roy, has declared Linux great in, your past
    > of DFS in some other thread will somehow magically alert all
    > current readers that DFS is being ignored for that reason, rather than
    > being ignored because no one has a good answer?


    Well, I feel that a good razzberry often speaks volumes.

    > It may be hard to believe, but there are actually new people coming to
    > this group. The new names aren't *all* just new HPT and Culley sock
    > puppets.


    Nice one Tim. I'm sure you have /proof/ of this rampant sock puppetry,
    hmm?

    Even "Moshe" doesn't seem to engage in that, lately, as far as I can
    tell. Right now, most of the posters here are singletons, I feel.

    --
    When we have the information highway, I'll put it [information about
    himself] out there. Everybody who wants to pay, I don't know, one cent, can
    see what movies I'm watching and what books I'm reading and certain other
    information. If I'm still interesting, I'll rack up dollars as people
    access that part of the highway.
    -- Bill Gates, Interview in Playboy magazine (1994)

  15. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:14:07 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Really? So, if DFS posts a bunch of links showing Linux having problems
    >> with some area that, say, Roy, has declared Linux great in, your past
    >> of DFS in some other thread will somehow magically alert all
    >> current readers that DFS is being ignored for that reason, rather than
    >> being ignored because no one has a good answer?

    >
    > Well, I feel that a good razzberry often speaks volumes.


    I feel the MActroll is talking bollocks, as usual.

    >> It may be hard to believe, but there are actually new people coming to
    >> this group. The new names aren't *all* just new HPT and Culley sock
    >> puppets.

    >
    > Nice one Tim. I'm sure you have /proof/ of this rampant sock puppetry,
    > hmm?


    Funny how the Mactroll Smith cites this alleged sock puppetry without
    proof, yet not a word about Moshe "Flatfish" Goldfarbe.

    > Even "Moshe" doesn't seem to engage in that, lately, as far as I can tell.
    > Right now, most of the posters here are singletons, I feel.


    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  16. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:42:43 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >>It may be hard to believe, but there are actually new people coming to
    >>this group.

    >
    > Yeah, and any of them that are worth "saving" will immediately
    > identify the trolls, by the troll's obvious idiocy and dishonesty.


    Yea....
    Like asking if Linux has any astronomy software.
    That's a real troll isn't it?

    > All it takes is seeing, ONCE, **** like "If Linux is so good, why does
    > it only have 1% market share?", to know that the person asking the
    > question is a worthless fsckwit.


    It's a legitimate question.
    Most people will wonder about something that has been in existance for 17
    years, is free and yet still has almost a 0 percent desktop market share.

    That's what most people will do.

    Another way of phrasing the question is "WTF is wrong with Linux? Is it *so
    bad* that it can't be given away"?


    > No rebuttal required, in many cases like this.


    Of course not.
    You loons would rather bury your heads in each other's asses instead of
    hearing the truth.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On 2008-06-02, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> As for "let his opponents have the last word all the time", that's why
    >> at the end of a post when binning someone lets *everyone* know
    >> that the troll will be ignored. Typically, trolls will still respond after

    >
    > Really? So, if DFS posts a bunch of links showing Linux having problems
    > with some area that, say, Roy, has declared Linux great in, your past
    > of DFS in some other thread will somehow magically alert all
    > current readers that DFS is being ignored for that reason, rather than
    > being ignored because no one has a good answer?


    DFS poses no questions. It is a filthy spammer and actually has gone
    insane.

    > It may be hard to believe, but there are actually new people coming to
    > this group. The new names aren't *all* just new HPT and Culley sock
    > puppets.


    It would be nice if you actually posted some content.


    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  18. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Jun 2, 3:00*pm, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 05:14:00 -0700, cc wrote:
    > > Ahh, you and your supposed picking appart of the web stats again. You've
    > > never shown any shortcomings.

    >
    > Let's look at a hypothetical case. *We'll assume facebook shows 90%
    > Windows users and 5% Linux. *Here's the question for you: from these,
    > tell us about how many Linux users there are. *Not Linux users of
    > facebook, but Linux users period.
    >
    > In order to figure that out, you need to know just how popular facebook
    > is with Linux users in general. *Sure, you know that 5% of your visitors
    > use Linux, but does that represent 5% of Linux users, or 50%, or 1/100th
    > of a percent?



    Tell me how using Linux influences your decision to visit facebook.
    Are Linux users less likely? More likely? Or is it that what operating
    system you use has no bearing on whether or not you visit facebook,
    because it's unrelated. I'll let you think about that one for a
    while...

    If you're measuring sites like microsoft.com, or boycottnovell.com,
    then you're obviously going to have a bias. But that's not where web
    stats are taken from. They're taken from places like facebook, where
    what os you use has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you visit
    that site.

    > Figuring that out is a simple bit of math: divide the total number of
    > Linux users by the number who use facebook.



    Why the hell would you do that? If you know the total number of Linux
    users, then you don't need web stats.

    > Dividing "the total number of Linux users..." - let's see if, given this,
    > you can figure out why, exactly, such stats are worthless in determining
    > the total number of Linux users...
    >
    > ... and thus why such web stats are useless for this purpose.


    You're an idiot. Web stats are useful exactly because you can't know
    the exact number of Linux users.

  19. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT), cc wrote:
    >
    >> On May 31, 2:25 pm, chrisv wrote:
    >>> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>>>> Not a trick question ;-)
    >>>
    >>>> All the stupid ones.
    >>>
    >>> Wrong as usual, Timmy twit.
    >>>
    >>>> I've never understood why someone who is trying to
    >>>> advocate something would want to let his opponents have the last
    >>>> word all the time.
    >>>
    >>> You must be pretty fscking stupid, then, Timmy. Because the
    >>> alternative is to read and respond-to the fsckwit's stupid,
    >>> repetitive garbage. Do DO know, Timmy, that the trolling piece of
    >>> **** just recycles and spews the same worthless garbage over and
    >>> over, despite being corrected and rebuked?
    >>>

    >>
    >> Roy?

    >
    > Sounds like a perfect description of Roy Schestowitz.


    chrisv the pitiful hypocrite ignores that the Spamowitz luser "advocate" has
    posted some of the same links nearly 200 times.




  20. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > DFS poses no questions. It is a filthy spammer and actually has gone
    > insane.


    Hans Reiser: A Linux developer guilty of first degree murder

    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-guilty-o.html






+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast