Welcome to Linux: it just quits working for no reason - Linux

This is a discussion on Welcome to Linux: it just quits working for no reason - Linux ; ml2mst: "I've been working with SUSE since 1998, but for some mysterious reason, it simply stopped working a couple of months ago." http://groups.google.com/group/comp....78b83a1137b1f5 Samba just quits working: "Then some of this suddenly stopped working." http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-49548.html Samba just quits working: "My ...

  1. Welcome to Linux: it just quits working for no reason

    ml2mst: "I've been working with SUSE since 1998, but for some mysterious
    reason, it simply stopped working a couple of months ago."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....78b83a1137b1f5

    Samba just quits working: "Then some of this suddenly stopped working."

    Samba just quits working: "My computer just stopped sharing its folder
    (which had worked perfectly) one day"

    keyboard just quits working: "While entering data in Krecipes package
    keyboard quit inputing characters"
    http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6617_102...sageID=2615582

    keyboard just quits working: "..the keyboard would work for awhile and then
    just quit."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/..._this_notebook

    yum just quits working: "this has worked for about four months and today it
    has stopped working."
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archiv.../t-119325.html

    network just quits working: "I noticed some times my network will just quit
    working and won't reconnect even if i plug it into a cable nothing works and
    I have to reboot."
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/152456

    wireless just quits working: "Wireless connection just quits working.
    Windows will connect just fine."
    http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/lo...hp/t33604.html

    DNS just quits working: "...DNS has just quit working."

    printing just quits working: "...printnig would just quit working for all
    apps..."
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/deb...underbird.html

    audio player just quits working: "... the Audio Player program just quit
    working one day and hasn't worked since."
    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453

    PCMCIA card just quits working: "...one day, the connection simply quit
    working."..."The card works fine in win98se, and I have no problems
    connecting to our router, which is a USR8054."
    http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=26032

    graphics just quit working: "When the WU restarted the graphics window did
    not come back."
    http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=468

    sound just quits working: "I was watching a movie in movie player and the
    right sound channel cut out. Then about 10 seconds later, the left cut out.
    I rebooted and still no sound. My sound is turned up all the way too. I'm
    not sure what I will do. Reinstall something I guess."

    Linuxconf just quits working: "Does Linuxconf actually work? When I use it,
    it tends to mess up my config files (at least for Apache) and always tell me
    some process is taking too long. Sometimes it seems to just quit on me."
    http://rasterweb.net/raster/computers/linux.html

    Entire Mandriva 2006 distro just quits working: "My Mandriva2006 just quit
    working !"
    http://dunedin.lug.net.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42838

    kernel developers just quit working: "Then I quit forever."
    http://apcmag.com/interview_with_con...he_desktop.htm

    User quits Linux: "That did it for me--Linux was "too hard." I quit."
    http://www.psychocats.net/essays/linuxswitchstory

  2. Re: Welcome to Linux: it just quits working for no reason

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:37:03 -0400, DFS wrote:

> [...]
    > right sound channel cut out. Then about 10 seconds later, the left cut out.
    > I rebooted and still no sound. My sound is turned up all the way too. I'm
    > not sure what I will do. Reinstall something I guess."
    >

    > Linuxconf just quits working: "Does Linuxconf actually work? When I use it,
    > it tends to mess up my config files (at least for Apache) and always tell me
    > some process is taking too long. Sometimes it seems to just quit on me."
    > http://rasterweb.net/raster/computers/linux.html
    >

    > Entire Mandriva 2006 distro just quits working: "My Mandriva2006 just quit
    > working !"
    > http://dunedin.lug.net.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42838
    >

    > kernel developers just quit working: "Then I quit forever."
    > http://apcmag.com/interview_with_con...he_desktop.htm
    >

    > User quits Linux: "That did it for me--Linux was "too hard." I quit."

    There seems to be a pattern here.
    Why would anyone want to use Linux when it is obviously defective?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Welcome to Linux: it just quits working for no reason

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic