Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing - Linux

This is a discussion on Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing - Linux ; * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo: > In article , > Sinister Midget wrote: >> I have 2.0.4 installed. I just created a document. Nothing whatsoever > > I have 2.0.2 on my home Linux system. > >> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing

    > In article ,
    > Sinister Midget wrote:
    >> I have 2.0.4 installed. I just created a document. Nothing whatsoever

    > I have 2.0.2 on my home Linux system.
    >
    >> about the login, username or any other identifying material showed up
    >> in the metadata. In the fields where it might show, I see "Info 1",
    >> "Info 2", etc in place of the info. It *would* be there if I'd entered
    >> it into the Userdata part of the preferences.

    > No, that's not what populates "Info 1", etc. The user name shows up in
    > the document creation information, which is on the "general" tab of the
    > document properties.
    >
    > On 2.0.2, using whatever settings Ubuntu 6.06 sets up OO with by
    > default, the document creator is initialized form the name in
    > /etc/passwd.

    Ah, it may be some Ubuntu configuration thing.

    > On my 8.04 system, using OO 2.4.0, the creator is blank.
    >
    > I have no idea whether this change in behavior is something the OO
    > people did between 2.0.2 and 2.4.0, or something the Ubuntu people did
    > in the way they set up OO.

    Probably the latter. Not sure though.

    I'm still waiting for 64-bit Iceweasel 3 from the Debian maintainers.

    --
    Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very
    efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.

  2. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  3. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  7. Re: Washington Post reports - Google caught astro-turfing