NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe - Linux

This is a discussion on NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe - Linux ; http://www.rushprnews.com/press/archives/1231885 PARIS,(RUSHPRNEWS) 05/30/2008 - The Financial Times published the Great Place to Work Institute's annual analysis of Europe's best employers. Consistently near the top of the list year after year, Microsoft was ranked the best European workplace among companies with ...

  1. NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    http://www.rushprnews.com/press/archives/1231885

    PARIS,(RUSHPRNEWS) 05/30/2008 - The Financial Times published the Great
    Place to Work Institute's annual analysis of Europe's best employers.
    Consistently near the top of the list year after year, Microsoft was ranked
    the best European workplace among companies with more than 500 employees.

    It's no wonder that the "advocates" here make their living writing
    proprietary Windows software. One day they hope to work for Microsoft.

  2. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://www.rushprnews.com/press/archives/1231885
    >

    > PARIS,(RUSHPRNEWS) 05/30/2008 - The Financial Times published the
    > Great Place to Work Institute's annual analysis of Europe's best
    > employers. Consistently near the top of the list year after year,
    > Microsoft was ranked the best European workplace among companies with
    > more than 500 employees.

    > It's no wonder that the "advocates" here make their living writing
    > proprietary Windows software. One day they hope to work for Microsoft.

    Can you imagine the developers^^^^^^^^^^goons of OpenOffice Base
    interviewing with the MS Access development team?

    MS: I notice a lot of similaries between the OO Base interface and MS
    Access?

    OO lead goon: Micoshaft sucks! Asstroturfers should go to jail! OO is
    downloaded 500,000 times a week!

    MS: huh? I notice your form and report designer is actually the OO word
    processing component Writer. Can you give us some insight into why you
    didn't create separate form and report designers?

    OO lead goon: Micoshaft sucks! Ballmer is a sweaty monkey! (whole team of
    goateed, raggedy-ass, broke-ass, t-shirted goons giggles and starts chanting
    'Developers! Developers! Developers!')

    MS team looks at each other with arched eyebrows: hmmmm.... last question:
    I notice you can't create unbound forms in Base, and your listbox control
    can't show more than one data column?

    OO lead goon: Micoshaft sucks! Did you see that guy in Hungary toss eggs at
    Ballmer?! That was righteous!!! (goons high-five each other)

    MS team: oookkayyyy... thanks for an interesting "interview".

    OO goons start jabbering: Can we meet Gates? Can we meet Ballmer? How
    about some free pizza and soda? Got any free souvenirs? How about a job?

    MS team: call security. Get these lusers out of here!

  3. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:23:37 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://www.rushprnews.com/press/archives/1231885
    >

    > PARIS,(RUSHPRNEWS) 05/30/2008 - The Financial Times published the Great
    > Place to Work Institute's annual analysis of Europe's best employers.
    > Consistently near the top of the list year after year, Microsoft was
    > ranked the best European workplace among companies with more than 500
    > employees.

    > It's no wonder that the "advocates" here make their living writing
    > proprietary Windows software. One day they hope to work for Microsoft.

    I don't see why you and your fellow wintrolls have a problem with OSS
    advocates producing windows software for pay.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Worst Workplaces List for Europe

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstrotufer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Crocporation:

    Off topic micoshaft marketing department jibberish as usual from Ezekiel
    fraudster.

    If Micoshaft fraudulent staff who all pretend they are happy in case a chair
    gets thrown at them all installed Linux and deleted micoshaft windopws and
    all other micoshaft viri prone products from their PCs, it might be more
    relevant.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    GOOGLE REVENUES NOW ON A PAR WITH MICOSHAFT REVENUE.
    WINDUMMIES OPINIONS ARE NO LONGER THAT IMPORTANT.

    Is that you Ezekiel flat fart?

  5. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    7 wrote:

    > GOOGLE REVENUES NOW ON A PAR
    > WITH MICOSHAFT REVENUE.

    Google revenue is about 1/3 of Microsoft's.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=GOOG
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT

    Why are you so uninformed about everything?

    Why are you always blabbing crap with nothing to support it?

    Why do you continue to make a living with Windows but pretend to advocate
    Linux and open source?

    Why do your best efforts at "Linux advocacy" consist of changing post titles
    and substituting Linux for Windows?

    Why do you come across as some kind of babbling 13-year old?

    > WINDUMMIES OPINIONS ARE NO LONGER THAT IMPORTANT.

    Our opinions are much more well-reasoned and supported by reality than are
    the opinions of various brain-dead cola "advocates".

  6. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> GOOGLE REVENUES NOW ON A PAR
    >> WITH MICOSHAFT REVENUE.

    > Google revenue is about 1/3 of Microsoft's.
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=GOOG
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT

    Thats last year's information. Analysists have projected this year to be on
    course for it to be on par because Micoshaft is sinking and google is
    rising.

    > Why are you so uninformed about everything?

    Only if you want to fight over out dated past figures.

    > Why are you always blabbing crap with nothing to support it?
    >
    > Why do you continue to make a living with Windows but pretend to advocate
    > Linux and open source?

    Nope - my PC is now a Linux PC at work and home.
    Sad for you is that not after materially posting
    all kinds of falsehoods?

    And I do everything better and faster.
    And I everyone thinks its a good idea to start one hour lecture
    every week on benefits of using Linux.

    Why do you that enthusiasm exists doofu?

    > Why do your best efforts at "Linux advocacy" consist of changing post
    > titles and substituting Linux for Windows?
    >
    > Why do you come across as some kind of babbling 13-year old?

    Because you can understand 13 year olds?

    >> WINDUMMIES OPINIONS ARE NO LONGER THAT IMPORTANT.

    > Our opinions are much more well-reasoned and supported by reality than are
    > the opinions of various brain-dead cola "advocates".

    What after posting all kind of materially false information?

    In any case, I like Linux now and thats it.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  7. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    In article ,
    Rick wrote:
    > > It's no wonder that the "advocates" here make their living writing
    > > proprietary Windows software. One day they hope to work for Microsoft.
    > >

    > I don't see why you and your fellow wintrolls have a problem with OSS
    > advocates producing windows software for pay.

    It depends on the kind of OSS advocate. There are advocates here (a
    small minority of the total) who advocate Linux (and sometimes other
    non-MS software, such as Mac) based on technical reasons. They have no
    problem with someone using Windows if for what that person needs,
    Windows is the technically better solution (and it is, in some areas).

    There's nothing wrong with that kind of advocate using Windows on
    occasion (or even most of the time), or even helping promote Windows by
    writing good software for Windows.

    However, the majority of advocates here are of the school of advocacy
    that says Windows and Microsoft are to be avoided because they are evil
    (either specifically Microsoft, or closed source in general).

    Such an advocate, if he is not an unethical hypocrite, will not write
    Windows software. A good example is RMS. Although I often disagree
    with him, he is a very good example of ethical behavior in this regard.
    If he needs to do something, and it can't be done without Windows, he
    goes without, until someone makes that functionality available on free
    systems.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    7 wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> GOOGLE REVENUES NOW ON A PAR
    >>> WITH MICOSHAFT REVENUE.

    >> Google revenue is about 1/3 of Microsoft's.
    >>
    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=GOOG
    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT

    > Thats last year's information.

    No, that's 60 days ago information. That's quarter ending March 31 2008
    information.

    > Analysists have projected this year to be on course
    >for it to be on par because Micoshaft is sinking and
    > google is rising.

    Which "analysists" have projected this ridiculous scenario? (now you'll
    slink away)

    And in any case your silly claim was Google is NOW on a par with MS revenue.

    >> Why are you so uninformed about everything?

    > Only if you want to fight over out dated past figures.

    My figures are very current. Yours are typically far-fetched nonsense, like
    most of what you spout.

    >> Why are you always blabbing crap with nothing to support it?

    Because it's pure crap, that's why. It can't be supported, but like many
    Linux "advocates" you're not afraid to shovel **** all over the place and
    hope someone will believe it.

    You're a distant 2nd place to Rex Ballard, though; that wacko can sling some
    hooey.

    >> Why do you continue to make a living with Windows but pretend to
    >> advocate Linux and open source?

    > Nope - my PC is now a Linux PC at work and home.

    What exactly do you do for a living? What kind of software do you develop?

    Face facts - you're a flat-out liar, which was proven when I asked you
    directly if you wrote this:

    "All the concepts and mechanisms described below are covered in the patent
    so please don't try to copy it, instead try to licence the technology.

    Avoid disastrous disappointments, this technology could have been
    built years ago but it has not been accomplished. Through hard work
    and sweat the schemes have been researched and put together in a
    consistent way so that it can finally be built.

    A patent is still a patent and it is designed to protect hard earned
    intellecutal property rights - get licenced."

    Found in the README.txt file at
    ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/dos/...hics/pm/pm.zip)

    > Sad for you is that not after materially posting
    > all kinds of falsehoods?

    Between us, only you are the liar.

    LMAO! More bull****.

    > And I everyone thinks its a good idea to start one hour lecture
    > every week on benefits of using Linux.

    Talking to yourself in the shower?

    There are a couple benefits of Linux over Windows: cost and flexibility,
    maybe security.

    They're far outweighed by the drawbacks:

    * greatly reduced quality of software (laughable really)
    * reduced choice in software
    * very few decent games
    * less support of x86 hardware and peripherals
    * extreme hassle to maintain/repair/fix

    > Why do you that enthusiasm exists doofu?

    huh?

    >> Why do your best efforts at "Linux advocacy" consist of changing post
    >> titles and substituting Linux for Windows?

    Because your brain is stunted.

    >> Why do you come across as some kind of babbling 13-year old?

    > Because you can understand 13 year olds?

    I can. But I often can barely understand you.

    >>> WINDUMMIES OPINIONS ARE NO LONGER THAT IMPORTANT.

    >> Our opinions are much more well-reasoned and supported by reality
    >> than are the opinions of various brain-dead cola "advocates".

    > What after posting all kind of materially false information?

    Where? It's you (and many other Linux idiots) who make outrageous claims
    about Linux and MS\Windows.

    > In any case, I like Linux now and thats it.
    >
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    You can say you like it (and insult MS\Windows) all you want at night. But
    when you make a living with only Windows then you're being...

    A Lifelong Windows Developer
    A Pretend Linux "Advocate"
    An Obsessive Freeloader
    A Failed Promoter Of Proprietary, Patented Schemes
    An All Around Fraud And Hypocrite

  9. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Google revenue is about 1/3 of Microsoft's.
    >>>
    >>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=GOOG
    >>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT

    >> Thats last year's information.

    > No, that's 60 days ago information. That's quarter ending March 31 2008
    > information.

    It looks like even if its on the more remote end of the scale, still on a
    par to me - its not like x10 i.e. a magnitude out is it?

    And MSFT is still sinking and google is still rising.
    Somewhere in the middle of the coming full year, may be revenues could be
    expected to be equal or exceed it and at the very
    least still remain very much on a par.

    Which still means Micoshaft isn't very important any more.
    And its still google, Linux and open source pushing micoshaft into
    irrelevance. You just can't face the music can you now doofy?

  10. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:53:33 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Rick wrote:
    >>> It's no wonder that the "advocates" here make their living writing
    >>> proprietary Windows software. One day they hope to work for Microsoft.
    >>>

    >> I don't see why you and your fellow wintrolls have a problem with OSS
    >> advocates producing windows software for pay.

    > It depends on the kind of OSS advocate. There are advocates here (a
    > small minority of the total) who advocate Linux (and sometimes other
    > non-MS software, such as Mac) based on technical reasons. They have no
    > problem with someone using Windows if for what that person needs,
    > Windows is the technically better solution (and it is, in some areas).
    >
    > There's nothing wrong with that kind of advocate using Windows on
    > occasion (or even most of the time), or even helping promote Windows by
    > writing good software for Windows.
    >
    > However, the majority of advocates here are of the school of advocacy
    > that says Windows and Microsoft are to be avoided because they are evil
    > (either specifically Microsoft, or closed source in general).
    >
    > Such an advocate, if he is not an unethical hypocrite, will not write
    > Windows software. A good example is RMS. Although I often disagree
    > with him, he is a very good example of ethical behavior in this regard.
    > If he needs to do something, and it can't be done without Windows, he
    > goes without, until someone makes that functionality available on free
    > systems.

    Exactly!

    I have no problem with a Linux user/advocate using Windows at work and
    advocating Linux in his off time as long as he isn't a rabid, radical,
    mental case that preaches non stop about the evils of proprietary software
    and how people sho abandon it and use OSS etc.

    IOW, a Roy Schestowitz or Mark Kent or a [Homer].

    They are the very definition of the word hypocrite.

    They are complete phonies who do not practice what they preach and are in
    fact at the very fringe of both sides of the debate.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:26:35 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> GOOGLE REVENUES NOW ON A PAR
    >> WITH MICOSHAFT REVENUE.

    > Google revenue is about 1/3 of Microsoft's.
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=GOOG
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=MSFT
    >

    > Why are you so uninformed about everything?
    >
    > Why are you always blabbing crap with nothing to support it?
    >
    > Why do you continue to make a living with Windows but pretend to advocate
    > Linux and open source?
    >
    > Why do your best efforts at "Linux advocacy" consist of changing post titles
    > and substituting Linux for Windows?
    >
    > Why do you come across as some kind of babbling 13-year old?
    >

    >> WINDUMMIES OPINIONS ARE NO LONGER THAT IMPORTANT.

    > Our opinions are much more well-reasoned and supported by reality than are
    > the opinions of various brain-dead cola "advocates".

    7 (aka mjcr) is mentally retarded.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > However, the majority of advocates here are of the school of advocacy
    > that says Windows and Microsoft are to be avoided because they are evil
    > (either specifically Microsoft, or closed source in general).
    >
    > Such an advocate, if he is not an unethical hypocrite, will not write
    > Windows software.

    Nice lie, Timmy twit troll. It seems that you are hurting from your
    recent spankings, and becoming even more the dishonest twit in response.
    Sucks to be you, Timmy twit troll.

    Why do you fsckwitted trolls have such difficulty with the notions of
    practicality and shades of gray, Timmy twit troll? As I recently
    explained, only a stupid POS would make the claim like you just did.

    Don't you know how filthy and immoral you are when you claim that your
    moral superiors are "unethical hypocrites", Timmy twit troll?

    "Because they are unethical, avoid them when practical" does NOT mean
    "you are an unethical hypocrite should you EVER use them", Timmy twit
    troll.

  13. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    news:c9mdnajguPvNcNzVnZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> However, the majority of advocates here are of the school of advocacy
    >> that says Windows and Microsoft are to be avoided because they are evil
    >> (either specifically Microsoft, or closed source in general).
    >>
    >> Such an advocate, if he is not an unethical hypocrite, will not write
    >> Windows software.

    > Nice lie, Timmy twit troll. It seems that you are hurting from your
    > recent spankings, and becoming even more the dishonest twit in response.
    > Sucks to be you, Timmy twit troll.
    >
    > Why do you fsckwitted trolls have such difficulty with the notions of
    > practicality and shades of gray, Timmy twit troll? As I recently
    > explained, only a stupid POS would make the claim like you just did.
    >
    > Don't you know how filthy and immoral you are when you claim that your
    > moral superiors are "unethical hypocrites", Timmy twit troll?
    >
    > "Because they are unethical, avoid them when practical" does NOT mean
    > "you are an unethical hypocrite should you EVER use them", Timmy twit
    > troll.

    Poor little chrissy - he's so upset that I can almost see the frantic
    little tears in his eyes. He's lost any sense of sanity or self control as
    he goes on a desperate "bad word" tirade hoping that if he calls someone
    enough names that it will make him right and he'll win. Little does he know
    that anyone with an IQ bigger than their hat-size will immediately realize
    what a pathetic little ass-clown chrisv is.

  14. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  15. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  16. Re: NEWS - Microsoft Tops Best Workplaces List for Europe