Apple store detains teens for installing iPhone game

,----[ Quote ]
| Sgt. Sandra Brown of the Palo Alto Police confirmed to Mercury News that they
| were called in by the Apple store, although no arrests were made.
|
| The group claims they were also lectured by the manager about the dangers
| of "hacking," were all photographed, and told their pictures would be sent to
| surrounding Apple stores "so they'd be on the lookout for us," according to
| one of the teens involved, Noah Rogers. In all, they were detained for two
| and a half hours.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...r_iphone_game/

Adobe Users Claim File Corruption After 10.5.3 Update

,----[ Quote ]
| Users of Adobe's Creative Suite 3 software are complaining that files saved
| to network volumes are being corrupted, and have linked the problem to their
| recent update to Mac OS X 10.5.3 "Leopard."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

Sounds like the Home Server/SP3 symptom (data corruption). Better to just
upgrade to Linux perhaps.

Recent:

Symantec Blames Microsoft for XP SP3 Registry Corruption

,----[ Quote ]
| Symantec Thursday said it was Microsoft's code that crippled some PCs after
| upgrades to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) emptied Device Manager, deleted
| network connections, and packed the Registry with thousands of bogus entries.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

Windows XP SP3 still officially AWOL, but can be found on BitTorrent,
Microsoft servers

,----[ Quote ]
| On Tuesday, in a low-key announcement on a support newsgroup, Microsoft said
| * * * * * * * * *^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| it would delay the release of XP SP3 because of data corruption issues
| * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| between the updated operating system and its retail point-of-sale software.
`----

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top

XP change corrupts data, hamstrings SP3 rollout

,----[ Quote ]
| A Microsoft spokeswoman on Wednesday acknowledged that the same problems
| affected Dynamics RMS users running XP SP3.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&intsrc=kc_top

Microsoft admits big delay on Home Server bug fix

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that it will not deliver a fix to a Windows Home
| Server data corruption bug it first discovered late last year until June at
| the earliest.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...me_server_bug/

Microsoft Pulls Windows Home Server Backup Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| The We Got Served blog cited several messages on the Windows Home Server
| (WHS) support forum from Power Pack 1 beta testers who claimed server-wide
| backup had been ditched because of difficult-to-solve bugs.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...p_feature.html

XP SP3 update corrupts Windows registry, users claim

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top