> Windows 7 Shows Microsoft Hasn't Learned Vista Lessons
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The project was called MinWin, a Microsoft effort to slim down the
> | next version of Windows. The company said it had heard, loud and
> | clear, that another bloated OS like Vista wouldn't fly. Then
> | Windows 7 galumphed into the room.
> `----
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...s_7_shows.html

Extra points for use of the word "galumphed".

If the previews are any indication, MinWin has joined BOB on the ash
heap of Redmond's abandoned projects.
Not the ash heap, no. They'll stick it in the broom cupboard next to
Singularity, and all those other worthwhile projects that won't give
Windows the fluff and glitz they think it needs to impress people.

Talking of those few areas where the Vole actually tries to produce some
/real/ software, whatever happened to that cooperative project between
them and Novell? Wasn't it some research lab in Cambridge, or something,
that was supposed to produce big boxes of pure; concentrated "WOW"?
Or did that get shut down too?

--
K.
http://slated.org

..----
`----

19:40:23 up 161 days, 16:16, 6 users, load average: 0.14, 0.23, 0.45