[News] [Rival] Another Microsoft General Manager Jumps Sheep [sic] - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft General Manager Jumps Sheep [sic]

    Microsoft General Manager in Kazakhstan leaves his post

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Company’s representation in Kazakhstan announced that Aidar
    | Dauletov, the General Manager of Microsoft in Kazakhstan and Central Asia,
    | leaves his post on July 1, 2008, Kazinform reports.

    Windows exec Poole leaving Microsoft (Update)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, a longtime Windows executive, is
    | retiring from the company, according to a report by ZDNet blogger Mary Jo
    | Foley this afternoon. No confirmation from Microsoft yet. *
    | Poole would be the latest executive to leave the company since Windows
    | Vista's launch. Others include Rob Short and Michael Sievert. *

    Microsoft's Vista Blogger Quits As Redmond Exodus Builds

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | White did not provide a reason for his decision. To be sure, his position
    | could not have been an easy one. White's posts often elicited hundreds of
    | glitches and quirks. *
    | His departure also raises questions about Microsoft's ability to retain
    | talent in the Web 2.0 world. *
    | [...]
    | Earlier this year, Microsoft Business Division president Jeff Raikes said he
    | would retire in September, to be replaced by former Juniper Networks chief
    | operating officer Stephen Elop. *
    | Microsoft's merger and acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe stepped down at the end
    | of February.
    | To boot, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will give up full-time duties at the
    | company in July.
    | The departures highlight one of Microsoft's biggest challenges as a mature
    | company: attracting and retaining Silicon Valley's top talent. In its early
    | days, Microsoft could entice recruits with an entrepreneurial environment and
    | stock options that eventually turned secretaries into millionaires. * *

    Vista marketing chief to bid Microsoft adieu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Michael Sievert, Corporate Vice President for Windows Product Marketing, is
    | moving on, according to multiple sources of mine.
    | It’s hard to make the case that Sievert, who was responsible for the
    | worldwide introduction of Windows Vista, isn’t being pushed for the
    | less-than-enthusiastic public perception of Microsoft’s latest version of
    | Windows. Even though Microsoft has moved 100-million-plus copies of Vista,
    | many consumers and businesses still consider the new release buggy, sluggish
    | and incompatible with existing software and drivers. * *

    Microsoft’s OEM chief defects to Lenovo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While so many of us Microsoft watchers were preoccupied with the hasty
    | departure of former Microsfot CIO Stuart Scott, the resignation of the
    | company’s OEM chief slipped right by most of us. *

    Microsoft losing acquisition playmaker

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In a previous life Jaffe was the CFO for Microsoft's MSN division, and also
    | had roles overseeing acquisitions related to Microsoft's consumer business,
    | groups like MSNBC and Microsoft Games. *

    Microsoft Windows hardware leader takes a ‘vacation’

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Veteran Softies are dropping like flies lately. The latest Microsoft exec to
    | leave is Jawad Khaki, Corporate Vice President of the Windows Hardware
    | Ecosystem. *

    Danny Thorpe quits the Windows Live development team

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Danny Thorpe, one of the higher-profile hires Microsoft made to its Windows
    | Live team, has decided to leave for greener pastures.

    Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
    | and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
    | game console business and the introduction of its Internet
    | Protocol television software.

    Yet another Microsoft search exec calls it quits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In March, Blake Irving, the Corporate VP in charge of the Windows
    | Live platform, announced his plans to leave Microsoft, effective
    | this summer. Payne announced his resignation from Microsoft shortly
    | after Irving made his announcement.

    Former Microsoft Search Chief Bill Bliss On Early Search Missteps

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bill's biggest regret? Not bypassing middle management that wasn't
    | listening to him scream about the coming threat of Google and going
    | right up to Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.

    Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Microsoft Corp. vice president who led the company's push into
    | Internet search is leaving the software giant as the effort he
    | helped launch loses ground against lead competitor Google Inc.

    Microsoft Businesss Solutions Group's Burgum to resign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Corp.'s Business Solutions group senior vice president Doug
    | Burgum will resign, effective June 30, and leave the company to pursue
    | other opportunities, the company said on Tuesday.

    Database head to leave daily duties at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Paul Flessner, who leads Microsoft's data storage and platform
    | division, will step down from his daily duties after the new year.

    Microsoft Windows Live VP to resign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Blake Irving, a Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's Windows
    | Live Platform group, is resigning his post, according to sources
    | close to the company.

    Veteran Windows architect resigns from Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On the heels of a week of news of a number of Microsoft executive departures
    | and reshufflings, another has come to light. Rob Short, Corporate Vice
    | President for Windows Core, has resigned from the company. *

    Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President Raikes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why announce
    | Raikes’ departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your mergers and
    | acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe? You could make the argument that Microsoft
    | wants to get all its defection/churn announcements out of the way at once.
    | But I’m not sure I’d look at things the same way, if I were one of the
    | company’s “image makers”…. * *
    | Microsoft also announced on January 10 that Bob Muglia, the Senior Vice
    | President in charge of Microsoft’s Server and Tools Business, is going to
    | move out of the Business Division and report directly to CEO Steve Ballmer. *

    Microsoft loses top executive in China

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Li Gong is currently exploring other career opportunities," Microsoft said
    | in a statement to News.com.
    | [...]
    | In a September 2005 Business Week interview, Ballmer touted Gong as
    | one of several key hires that Microsoft had made.
    | Most recently, Gong has served as managing director of Windows LiveC
    | hina and as Vice President of Microsoft China R&D Group.
    | Gong's name came up in the case over Kai-Fu Lee, the top Microsoft
    | executive whose hiring by Google sparked a multistate legal battle.

    Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft General Manager Jumps Sheep[sic]

    Best subject line ever

    Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel
    19:45:45 up 161 days, 16:21, 6 users, load average: 0.23, 0.21, 0.37

+ Reply to Thread