[News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up - Linux

  1. [News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up

    Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter #128

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It has been, to your editor's shame, many months since the last issue of this
    | newsletter, and far too much has happened at Mandriva in the mean time to
    | cover it all in detail. This issue will take a broad overview of the most
    | significant events of the last eight months. Following issues will
    | (hopefully!) go back to being released more regularly, and covering events in
    | the usual level of detail.
    `----

    http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v.../Newsletter128

    More efficient membership approval process

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Community Council has recently implemented some changes to community
    | governance processes which it believes reflect a significant improvement in
    | one area of community governance: applications for Ubuntu membership.
    `----

    http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1461

    Recent:

    Mandriva Linux One 2008 Spring XFCE: a community achievement

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | You know what Mandriva is; you know what XFCE is; you know what a community
    | means; now it's time to acknowledge some good results
    `----

    http://beranger.org/index.php?page=d...-2008-spring-x

    Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring Xfce edition released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Thanks to the efforts of the Mandriva Linux Xfce development community, an
    | Xfce version of Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring One is now available. Just like
    | the KDE and GNOME versions of One, this is an installable live CD edition of
    | Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, but this time featuring Xfce as the desktop
    | environment.
    `----

    http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v...2008SpringXFCE

    Mandriva Linux 2008.1 - The Blooming Spring.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Mandriva Linux is a predominantly KDE-centric Linux distribution originating
    | from France. This desktop-oriented Linux distribution which began its
    | production in 1998 owes its popularity to its ease of installation and
    | graphical productive draktools. I decided to review Mandriva 2008 Spring (aka
    | Mandriva Linux 2008.1) when I got to know that, this new Spring edition has a
    | full support for the Asus Eee PC and also improved support for mobile device
    | synchronization. * * *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In conclusion, there is no doubt that Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring is a great
    | release. Great artwork! The hardware support for this release has been
    | excellent with exception of the support for the two my USB-based TV tuners. I
    | hope that Acer notebook users will be very happy with this release as
    | Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring also comes with third-party acer_acpi and wmi-acer
    | modules. With a very active forum and vast amount of documentation available,
    | help is abundant for the users. One of the things which really made a good
    | impression on me is the mouse pointer integration support by Mandriva 2008
    | Spring, when it is run as a guest operating system on the Virtualbox 1.5.6 *
    | OSE. With such a support, all of the mouse's actions will be directly sent to
    | the guest operating system when I hover the mouse over the virtual machine's
    | display. Delaying the Mandriva Online applet from checking for updates by a
    | few minutes is also a very good move. * * * * *
    `----

    http://linuxseekers.com/index.php/co...va-linux-20081

  2. Re: [News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter #128
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | It has been, to your editor's shame, many months since the last issue of
    > this
    > | newsletter, and far too much has happened at Mandriva in the mean time
    > | cover it all in detail. This issue will take a broad overview of the
    > most
    > | significant events of the last eight months. Following issues will
    > | (hopefully!) go back to being released more regularly, and covering
    > events in
    > | the usual level of detail.
    > `----

    "Revved up" eh? After disappearing for EIGHT MONTHS they finally release
    one issue. And you think that's revved up?

  3. Re: [News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up

    Micoshfat fraudster and asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "Revved up" eh? After disappearing for EIGHT MONTHS they finally release
    > one issue. And you think that's revved up?

    Do you get paid to post as a Micoshaft Shill this kind of babble and
    newsgroup noise?

  4. Re: [News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 12:14:23 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter #128
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| It has been, to your editor's shame, many months since the last issue of
    >> this
    >>| newsletter, and far too much has happened at Mandriva in the mean time
    >>| cover it all in detail. This issue will take a broad overview of the
    >> most
    >>| significant events of the last eight months. Following issues will
    >>| (hopefully!) go back to being released more regularly, and covering
    >> events in
    >>| the usual level of detail.
    >> `----

    > "Revved up" eh? After disappearing for EIGHT MONTHS they finally release
    > one issue. And you think that's revved up?

    I'll bet Schestowitz's boyfriend tells him that all the time...
    Hahahahah!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: [News] Mandriva Linux Community Newsletter; Ubuntu Community Council Revved Up

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic