Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. - Linux

This is a discussion on Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. - Linux ; Message-ID: Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 01:58:54 GMT Sales of Microsoft OSes are almost totally flat overall. The growth in W2K is coming from conversions from NT. In two years that will be finished. Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

  1. Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.




    Message-ID: <90c6vq$4t6$1@allenhome.kc.rr.com>
    Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 01:58:54 GMT


    Sales of Microsoft OSes are almost totally flat overall.

    The growth in W2K is coming from conversions from NT.

    In two years that will be finished.

    Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. Next year
    they should number more than NT and W2K combined.

    The year after that even you will realize that the end has come.




  2. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.


    "K. Birch" wrote in message
    news:483ff964$1@news.x-privat.org...
    >
    >
    >
    > Message-ID: <90c6vq$4t6$1@allenhome.kc.rr.com>
    > Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 01:58:54 GMT
    >
    >
    >
    > Sales of Microsoft OSes are almost totally flat overall.
    >
    > The growth in W2K is coming from conversions from NT.
    >
    > In two years that will be finished.
    >
    > Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. Next year
    > they should number more than NT and W2K combined.
    >
    > The year after that even you will realize that the end has come.
    >
    >
    >



    It looks like 2000 was the "year of linux" or something like that.

    These idiot "advocates" were predicting that Windows-2000 was going to be
    the end of Microsoft and the end of Windows. After history proved them to be
    clueless morons they changed their tune and often started predicting how
    Windows-XP was failing and how that was going to be the end of Windows, the
    end of Microsoft and the big win for linux.

    Once again history proved them to be clueless blathering morons. Not having
    learned their lesson, they now think that "it's different this time" and
    that Vista is going to be the end of Windows and Microsoft and linux is now
    going to take over.

    Like a broken record, these moron "advocates" will be make the same lunatic
    predictions in the year 2038.







    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  3. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > "K. Birch" wrote in message
    > news:483ff964$1@news.x-privat.org...
    >>
    >>
    >> Message-ID: <90c6vq$4t6$1@allenhome.kc.rr.com>
    >> Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 01:58:54 GMT
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Sales of Microsoft OSes are almost totally flat overall.
    >>
    >> The growth in W2K is coming from conversions from NT.
    >>
    >> In two years that will be finished.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. Next year
    >> they should number more than NT and W2K combined.
    >>
    >> The year after that even you will realize that the end has come.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > It looks like 2000 was the "year of linux" or something like that.



    and 2001, and 2002, and 2003, and...

    >
    > These idiot "advocates" were predicting that Windows-2000 was going

    to be
    > the end of Microsoft and the end of Windows. After history proved

    them to be
    > clueless morons they changed their tune and often started predicting how
    > Windows-XP was failing and how that was going to be the end of

    Windows, the
    > end of Microsoft and the big win for linux.
    >
    > Once again history proved them to be clueless blathering morons. Not

    having
    > learned their lesson, they now think that "it's different this time" and
    > that Vista is going to be the end of Windows and Microsoft and linux

    is now
    > going to take over.
    >
    > Like a broken record, these moron "advocates" will be make the same

    lunatic
    > predictions in the year 2038.
    >
    >



    Edgar Allen (eallen@kc.rr.com) is no ordinary moron, no sir.

    http://www.techiegroups.com/t14043-r...-gnulinux.html


  4. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    Micoshaft Fradster and Asstrorufer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>
    >>
    >> Sales of Microsoft OSes are almost totally flat overall.
    >>
    >> The growth in W2K is coming from conversions from NT.
    >>
    >> In two years that will be finished.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. Next year
    >> they should number more than NT and W2K combined.
    >>
    >> The year after that even you will realize that the end has come.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > It looks like 2000 was the "year of linux" or something like that.
    >
    > These idiot "advocates" were predicting that Windows-2000 was going to be



    Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    75% of all new major projects use Linux and open source.
    Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com



  5. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    K. Birch wrote:
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> It looks like 2000 was the "year of linux" or something like that.

    >
    >
    > and 2001, and 2002, and 2003, and...



    You can tell because Linux is on all the desktops everywhere I go... but to
    my surprise they're ALL running XP or Vista or MacOS themes.




  6. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.


    "7" wrote in message
    news:ykZ%j.273$E41.210@text.news.virginmedia.com.. .
    > Micoshaft Fradster and Asstrorufer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    > from
    > Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Sales of Microsoft OSes are almost totally flat overall.
    >>>
    >>> The growth in W2K is coming from conversions from NT.
    >>>
    >>> In two years that will be finished.
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year. Next year
    >>> they should number more than NT and W2K combined.
    >>>
    >>> The year after that even you will realize that the end has come.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> It looks like 2000 was the "year of linux" or something like that.
    >>
    >> These idiot "advocates" were predicting that Windows-2000 was going to
    >> be

    >
    >
    > Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.


    Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets have
    zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.


    > Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.


    And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.



    > Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.


    Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a desktop
    or laptop should, and does run Windows.


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  7. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    Ezekiel wrote:


    >>
    >>
    >> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.

    >
    > Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets have
    > zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.


    Compounding your argument, by stating " People who buy gadgets have zero
    idea what OS" only states your first statement was false, a statement you
    claim to be a fact.

    >
    >
    >> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.

    >
    > And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.


    Earlier you use the term Fact, were are facts to support your claim? I can't
    image that anyone would make such a wild claim unless they were sure of the
    facts, are you sure? are you really really sure? I think you know nothing,
    I think you are an idiot.

    >
    >
    >
    >> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    >
    > Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a desktop
    > or laptop should, and does run Windows.


    Well as facts go you are wrong, I don't run windows on this desktop, I don't
    run windows on my laptop, I suppose in your warped world view that people
    who run better GUI than offerings from Microsoft, are deluded and secretly
    run windows when people aren't looking. Sorry I know you find it hard to
    understand, but people have found a better way, and that way does not
    include Microsoft.

    Jem..



  8. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:20:12 +0100, Jeremy Fisher wrote:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.

    >>
    >> Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets have
    >> zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.

    >
    > Compounding your argument, by stating " People who buy gadgets have zero
    > idea what OS" only states your first statement was false, a statement you
    > claim to be a fact.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.

    >>
    >> And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.

    >
    > Earlier you use the term Fact, were are facts to support your claim? I can't
    > image that anyone would make such a wild claim unless they were sure of the
    > facts, are you sure? are you really really sure? I think you know nothing,
    > I think you are an idiot.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    >>
    >> Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a desktop
    >> or laptop should, and does run Windows.

    >
    > Well as facts go you are wrong, I don't run windows on this desktop, I don't
    > run windows on my laptop, I suppose in your warped world view that people
    > who run better GUI than offerings from Microsoft, are deluded and secretly
    > run windows when people aren't looking. Sorry I know you find it hard to
    > understand, but people have found a better way, and that way does not
    > include Microsoft.
    >
    > Jem..


    Why aren't you asking 7, AKA mjcr, to provide facts for his insane posts?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:48:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:20:12 +0100, Jeremy Fisher wrote:
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>>
    >>>> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    >>>
    >>> Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets
    >>> have zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.

    >>
    >> Compounding your argument, by stating " People who buy gadgets have
    >> zero idea what OS" only states your first statement was false, a
    >> statement you claim to be a fact.
    >>
    >>
    >>>
    >>>> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    >>>
    >>> And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.

    >>
    >> Earlier you use the term Fact, were are facts to support your claim? I
    >> can't image that anyone would make such a wild claim unless they were
    >> sure of the facts, are you sure? are you really really sure? I think
    >> you know nothing, I think you are an idiot.
    >>
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.
    >>>
    >>> Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a
    >>> desktop or laptop should, and does run Windows.

    >>
    >> Well as facts go you are wrong, I don't run windows on this desktop, I
    >> don't run windows on my laptop, I suppose in your warped world view
    >> that people who run better GUI than offerings from Microsoft, are
    >> deluded and secretly run windows when people aren't looking. Sorry I
    >> know you find it hard to understand, but people have found a better
    >> way, and that way does not include Microsoft.
    >>
    >> Jem..

    >
    > Why aren't you asking 7, AKA mjcr, to provide facts for his insane
    > posts?


    Could it be he posts were he obtained the info from, and that they tend
    to tally with what is reported elsewhere.

    Jem..


  10. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.


    "Jeremy Fisher" wrote in message
    news:48425357$0$90271$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
    > On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:48:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:20:12 +0100, Jeremy Fisher wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    >>>>
    >>>> Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets
    >>>> have zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.
    >>>
    >>> Compounding your argument, by stating " People who buy gadgets have
    >>> zero idea what OS" only states your first statement was false, a
    >>> statement you claim to be a fact.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    >>>>
    >>>> And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.
    >>>
    >>> Earlier you use the term Fact, were are facts to support your claim? I
    >>> can't image that anyone would make such a wild claim unless they were
    >>> sure of the facts, are you sure? are you really really sure? I think
    >>> you know nothing, I think you are an idiot.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.
    >>>>
    >>>> Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a
    >>>> desktop or laptop should, and does run Windows.
    >>>
    >>> Well as facts go you are wrong, I don't run windows on this desktop, I
    >>> don't run windows on my laptop, I suppose in your warped world view
    >>> that people who run better GUI than offerings from Microsoft, are
    >>> deluded and secretly run windows when people aren't looking. Sorry I
    >>> know you find it hard to understand, but people have found a better
    >>> way, and that way does not include Microsoft.
    >>>
    >>> Jem..

    >>
    >> Why aren't you asking 7, AKA mjcr, to provide facts for his insane
    >> posts?

    >
    > Could it be he posts were he obtained the info from, and that they tend
    > to tally with what is reported elsewhere.


    Could it be that you're a mindless linux fan-boi and will openly accept "7"
    (mjr) posting the same lie dozens of times each day.


    > Jem..
    >



    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  11. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 21:30:53 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > K. Birch wrote:
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> It looks like 2000 was the "year of linux" or something like that.

    >>
    >>
    >> and 2001, and 2002, and 2003, and...

    >
    >
    > You can tell because Linux is on all the desktops everywhere I go... but
    > to my surprise they're ALL running XP or Vista or MacOS themes.


    Clearly you don't get out much.

  12. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    On 01 Jun 2008 07:44:24 GMT, Jeremy Fisher wrote:

    > On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:48:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:20:12 +0100, Jeremy Fisher wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    >>>>
    >>>> Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets
    >>>> have zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.
    >>>
    >>> Compounding your argument, by stating " People who buy gadgets have
    >>> zero idea what OS" only states your first statement was false, a
    >>> statement you claim to be a fact.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    >>>>
    >>>> And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.
    >>>
    >>> Earlier you use the term Fact, were are facts to support your claim? I
    >>> can't image that anyone would make such a wild claim unless they were
    >>> sure of the facts, are you sure? are you really really sure? I think
    >>> you know nothing, I think you are an idiot.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.
    >>>>
    >>>> Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a
    >>>> desktop or laptop should, and does run Windows.
    >>>
    >>> Well as facts go you are wrong, I don't run windows on this desktop, I
    >>> don't run windows on my laptop, I suppose in your warped world view
    >>> that people who run better GUI than offerings from Microsoft, are
    >>> deluded and secretly run windows when people aren't looking. Sorry I
    >>> know you find it hard to understand, but people have found a better
    >>> way, and that way does not include Microsoft.
    >>>
    >>> Jem..

    >>
    >> Why aren't you asking 7, AKA mjcr, to provide facts for his insane
    >> posts?

    >
    > Could it be he posts were he obtained the info from, and that they tend
    > to tally with what is reported elsewhere.
    >
    > Jem..


    You have to be a total Linux fanboi to believe for a second that those
    figures mjcr quotes are accurate or even close to accurate.

    I've seen some Koolaid drinkers in my time but you, Jeremy Fisher, seem to
    have swallowed the entire can all at once.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:57:53 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On 01 Jun 2008 07:44:24 GMT, Jeremy Fisher wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:48:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 00:20:12 +0100, Jeremy Fisher wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Fact is that "Linux" doesn't sell anything. People who buy gadgets
    >>>>> have zero idea what OS, if any, the gadget runs.
    >>>>
    >>>> Compounding your argument, by stating " People who buy gadgets have
    >>>> zero idea what OS" only states your first statement was false, a
    >>>> statement you claim to be a fact.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> And 999,999 copies are uninstalled the following week.
    >>>>
    >>>> Earlier you use the term Fact, were are facts to support your claim?
    >>>> I can't image that anyone would make such a wild claim unless they
    >>>> were sure of the facts, are you sure? are you really really sure? I
    >>>> think you know nothing, I think you are an idiot.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Everyone who owns a supercomputer should run linux. Anyone with a
    >>>>> desktop or laptop should, and does run Windows.
    >>>>
    >>>> Well as facts go you are wrong, I don't run windows on this desktop,
    >>>> I don't run windows on my laptop, I suppose in your warped world
    >>>> view that people who run better GUI than offerings from Microsoft,
    >>>> are deluded and secretly run windows when people aren't looking.
    >>>> Sorry I know you find it hard to understand, but people have found a
    >>>> better way, and that way does not include Microsoft.
    >>>>
    >>>> Jem..
    >>>
    >>> Why aren't you asking 7, AKA mjcr, to provide facts for his insane
    >>> posts?

    >>
    >> Could it be he posts were he obtained the info from, and that they tend
    >> to tally with what is reported elsewhere.
    >>
    >> Jem..

    >
    > You have to be a total Linux fanboi to believe for a second that those
    > figures mjcr quotes are accurate or even close to accurate.
    >
    > I've seen some Koolaid drinkers in my time but you, Jeremy Fisher, seem
    > to have swallowed the entire can all at once.


    So, tell us, why do you and your family use Linux?
    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  15. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  16. Re: Meanwhile Linux installs are still doubling every year.

    Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

+ Reply to Thread