Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition - Linux

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > How to save the Zune
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | With the iPhone taking away the mind space of the iPod, the Zune
    > already
    > | seems to be in an orphan category with consumers. A sign of this is the
    > | recent high profile blowout when GameStop announced that they planned
    > to stop
    > | selling the Zune. However, to me the surprise was that GameStop had
    > been
    > | selling the Zune in the first place. I've been to several locations
    > over the
    > | last year or so and I've never spotted one in a store.
    > `----

    Another off-topic misleading Zune story. Where's High Plains Rafael and his
    asinine charter now?

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> How to save the Zune
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | With the iPhone taking away the mind space of the iPod, the Zune
    >> already
    >> | seems to be in an orphan category with consumers. A sign of this is the
    >> | recent high profile blowout when GameStop announced that they planned
    >> to stop
    >> | selling the Zune. However, to me the surprise was that GameStop had
    >> been
    >> | selling the Zune in the first place. I've been to several locations
    >> over the
    >> | last year or so and I've never spotted one in a store.
    >> `----

    > Another off-topic misleading Zune story. Where's High Plains Rafael and
    > his asinine charter now?

    ZUNE sucks... I'm not a big fan of Apple... but the iPod touch is supreme.
    MSFT will never, ever come close to something like...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    "Jerry McBride" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> How to save the Zune
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> already
    >>> the
    >>> to stop
    >>> been
    >>> over the
    >>> `----

    >> Another off-topic misleading Zune story. Where's High Plains Rafael and
    >> his asinine charter now?
    >>

    > ZUNE sucks... I'm not a big fan of Apple... but the iPod touch is
    > supreme.
    > MSFT will never, ever come close to something like...

    I also have an iPod touch (16-Gig) and it's the absolute coolest and
    slickest gadget I've ever owned. I didn't even look-at or consider a Zune
    when I bought my touch.

    But what does the Zune (or iPod for that matter) have to do with linux
    advocacy? Are people suddenly going to start using linux because they can
    no longer buy a Zune at GameStop?

    > --
    >
    > Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Jerry McBride" wrote in message
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> Another off-topic misleading Zune story. Where's High Plains Rafael and
    >>> his asinine charter now?
    >>>

    >> ZUNE sucks... I'm not a big fan of Apple... but the iPod touch is
    >> supreme.
    >> MSFT will never, ever come close to something like...

    > I also have an iPod touch (16-Gig) and it's the absolute coolest and
    > slickest gadget I've ever owned. I didn't even look-at or consider a Zune
    > when I bought my touch.
    >
    > But what does the Zune (or iPod for that matter) have to do with linux
    > advocacy? Are people suddenly going to start using linux because they can
    > no longer buy a Zune at GameStop?

    The iPod Touch is supported by AMAROK... the zune is not...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    Verily I say unto thee, that Jerry McBride spake thusly:

    > The iPod Touch is supported by AMAROK... the zune is not...

    Also relevant, the Zune is made by the company that wants to fscking
    kill Linux. Any failure in Microsoft's products or services brings them
    one step closer to oblivion; thus ultimately removing that threat to
    Free Software.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    03:42:26 up 162 days, 18 min, 6 users, load average: 0.01, 0.38, 0.64

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "Jerry McBride" wrote in message

    >>> ZUNE sucks... I'm not a big fan of Apple... but the iPod touch is
    >>> supreme.
    >>> MSFT will never, ever come close to something like...

    >> I also have an iPod touch (16-Gig) and it's the absolute coolest and
    >> slickest gadget I've ever owned. I didn't even look-at or consider a
    >> Zune
    >> when I bought my touch.
    >>
    >> But what does the Zune (or iPod for that matter) have to do with linux
    >> advocacy? Are people suddenly going to start using linux because they
    >> can
    >> no longer buy a Zune at GameStop?
    >>

    > The iPod Touch is supported by AMAROK... the zune is not...

    And if that's what was being discussed then it I would concede that it has
    something to do with Linux advocacy. Because Amarok is a linux app so in
    the context of talking about what's supported by Amarok would be advocating
    linux.

    Too bad none of this actually happened. There was absolutely zero mention
    of Amarok and absolutely zero mention of anything even remotely related to
    linux.

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 03:42:46 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Jerry McBride spake thusly:
    >
    >> The iPod Touch is supported by AMAROK... the zune is not...

    > Also relevant, the Zune is made by the company that wants to fscking
    > kill Linux. Any failure in Microsoft's products or services brings them
    > one step closer to oblivion; thus ultimately removing that threat to
    > Free Software.

    Discussing the Zune is not on topic.
    Not even close.

    As for Microsoft wanting to kill Linux, Linux has pretty much self
    exterminated anyway.
    At least on the desktop.

    When major Linux companies like Redhat stop making desktop Linux because
    they have discovered their is no market for it, I would say Linux is on
    life support.

    too bad Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    On Sat, 31 May 2008 08:09:23 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Jerry McBride" wrote in message
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Jerry McBride" wrote in message

    >>> I also have an iPod touch (16-Gig) and it's the absolute coolest and
    >>> slickest gadget I've ever owned. I didn't even look-at or consider a
    >>> Zune
    >>> when I bought my touch.
    >>>
    >>> But what does the Zune (or iPod for that matter) have to do with linux
    >>> advocacy? Are people suddenly going to start using linux because they
    >>> can
    >>> no longer buy a Zune at GameStop?
    >>>

    >> The iPod Touch is supported by AMAROK... the zune is not...

    > And if that's what was being discussed then it I would concede that it has
    > something to do with Linux advocacy. Because Amarok is a linux app so in
    > the context of talking about what's supported by Amarok would be advocating
    > linux.
    >
    > Too bad none of this actually happened. There was absolutely zero mention
    > of Amarok and absolutely zero mention of anything even remotely related to
    > linux.

    The so called Linux advocates are LIEing for LIEnix once again.
    See them squirm.
    See them scatter.
    Like roaches when the lights are turned on.
    That's a Linux advocate.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune in Critical Condition