[News] Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs - Linux

  1. [News] Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

    Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market to
    | open source rival
    |
    | Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
    | around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other Atom-based
    | sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview with Associated
    | Press.
    `----

    http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/2993...ed-round-Linux

    Thank you, Vista.

    Last week:

    A quick note on Ubuntu for netbooks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Few details are available yet, but Mark Shuttleworth revealed in an interview
    | with the Guardian that a version of Ubuntu customized for the netbook market
    | would be released in early June.
    `----

    http://education.zdnet.com/?p=1694

    Recent:

    Ubuntu Mobile On My Desktop!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Wow! *I followed the instructions on this page, and what do ‘ya know? *I’ve
    | got Ubuntu Mobile on my desktop!
    `----

    http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2008/...on-my-desktop/

    Related:

    French police deal blow to Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
    | for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
    | administrations in the world to make the break.
    `----

    http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...LZ3IeRaIH03x6w

  2. Re: [News] Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market
    > | to open source rival
    > |
    > | Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
    > | around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other
    > | Atom-based sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview
    > | with Associated Press.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29939

    Otellini-MID-revolution-will-be-centred-round-Linux

    This is an absolute massive win for Linux to be leading the development
    of thousands of new laptops and PC based systems based on Linux
    creting tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of new jobs
    for software developers to tooling manufacturers.

  3. Re: Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

    On May 29, 8:35 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market to
    > | open source rival
    > |
    > | Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
    > | around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other Atom-based
    > | sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview with Associated
    > | Press.
    > `----

    That can't be right----DFS says that Linux crashes every 2 minutes,
    and he knows a lot more than Otellini.

  4. Re: Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Friday 30 May 2008 21:59 : \____

    > On May 29, 8:35 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:

  5. Re: Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 13:59:38 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu
    wrote:

    > On May 29, 8:35 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Otellini: 'MID revolution will be centred round Linux'
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Intel CEO says Microsoft's insistence on pushing Vista will hand market to
    >>| open source rival
    >>|
    >>| Intel's CEO has said that he sees the revolution that is about to happen
    >>| around mobile internet devices (MID) such as the Eee PC and other Atom-based
    >>| sub-notebooks will be "centred round Linux", in an interview with Associated
    >>| Press.
    >> `----

    > That can't be right----DFS says that Linux crashes every 2 minutes,
    > and he knows a lot more than Otellini.

    Wrong....

    About 100 pages of complaints in the Ubuntu forums claim linux keeps
    crashing, freezing, locking up etc.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Intel Pulls the Plug on Windows, Chooses GNU/Linux for MIDs

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic