Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO - Linux

  1. Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

    On May 28, 6:47 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > Five reasons to fire Ballmer
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | 1) The Vista Technology Flop. Technically, Vista was crap.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | 2) The Vista Business Failure: Microsoft has managed to sell junk before but
    > | this time it had set itself an impossible job.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | 3) The Yahoo Fiasco: If Microsoft had pulled off the hostile takeover of
    > | Yahoo...
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | 4) The Fall of Microsoft Office. Remember when Microsoft was talking up how
    > | great the initial sales of Office 2007 were? A year later, in Microsoft's
    > | third quarter results, we see that Office's operating income has dropped from
    > | $3.4 billion, to $3.1 billion.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | 5) Who doesn't love you baby? The stock market that's who. Today, Microsoft's
    > | stock is wobbling just over $28. The 52-week high was $37.50. What do you
    > | think will happen to Microsoft's stock when Bill officially retires? It won't
    > | be pretty.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.computerworld.com/five_...o_fire_ballmer

    I didn't know it was SJVN until I read it. Here's a quote from a
    reader:

    Ballmer is the best thing that ever happened to Apple and FOSS. Long
    Live Ballmer as M$'s fuerher!!!

    Which are my sentiments exactly. Ballmer has the same aggressiveness
    and contempt for ethics that Gates had, but he's not as effective.

    And by the way, one of the biggest reasons Vista has been a flop is
    the way it is infested with DRM. That explains at least part of the
    sluggishness and heavy resources required, as well as the trouble over
    drivers and the lack of support for older software. It probably also
    explains in part why it took MS so long to produce Vista. It was a
    gamble by Ballmer that Vista and its DRM could lock in the
    entertainment market. That doesn't seem to be working, and has to
    count as another big failure of Ballmer's.

  2. Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Thursday 29 May 2008 19:25 : \____

    > On May 28, 6:47 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Five reasons to fire Ballmer
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | 1) The Vista Technology Flop. Technically, Vista was crap.
    >> |
    >> | [...]
    >> |
    >> | 2) The Vista Business Failure: Microsoft has managed to sell junk before
    >> | but this time it had set itself an impossible job.
    >> |
    >> | [...]
    >> |
    >> | 3) The Yahoo Fiasco: If Microsoft had pulled off the hostile takeover of
    >> | Yahoo...
    >> |
    >> | [...]
    >> |
    >> | 4) The Fall of Microsoft Office. Remember when Microsoft was talking up
    >> | how great the initial sales of Office 2007 were? A year later, in
    >> | Microsoft's third quarter results, we see that Office's operating income
    >> | has dropped from $3.4 billion, to $3.1 billion.
    >> |
    >> | [...]
    >> |
    >> | 5) Who doesn't love you baby? The stock market that's who. Today,
    >> | Microsoft's stock is wobbling just over $28. The 52-week high was $37.50.
    >> | What do you think will happen to Microsoft's stock when Bill officially
    >> | retires? It won't be pretty.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.computerworld.com/five_...o_fire_ballmer
    >>

    > I didn't know it was SJVN until I read it. Here's a quote from a
    > reader:
    >
    > Ballmer is the best thing that ever happened to Apple and FOSS. Long
    > Live Ballmer as M$'s fuerher!!!
    >
    > Which are my sentiments exactly. Ballmer has the same aggressiveness
    > and contempt for ethics that Gates had, but he's not as effective.
    >
    > And by the way, one of the biggest reasons Vista has been a flop is
    > the way it is infested with DRM. That explains at least part of the
    > sluggishness and heavy resources required, as well as the trouble over
    > drivers and the lack of support for older software. It probably also
    > explains in part why it took MS so long to produce Vista. It was a
    > gamble by Ballmer that Vista and its DRM could lock in the
    > entertainment market. That doesn't seem to be working, and has to
    > count as another big failure of Ballmer's.

    DRM was more 'alive' some years ago (for music at least) but awareness of its
    harms has increased. I don't think DRM was Microsoft's reason for delay. I
    also know for a fact that 7 will be procrastinated endlessly and end up like
    turd that's just a Vista 'SP' (Allchin talk about renaming SPs before) with a
    new task bar or whatever... which will confuse users like those ribbons people
    loathe... before running back to the "better" 2003 version.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
    someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
    just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
    to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
    --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President

  3. Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> up
    >>> income

    Completely idiotic statement. Let's see... when the product first came out
    it sold $3.4 billion. A year later after the initial rush it only sold $3.1
    billion.

    Absolutely amazing. Because when the Radiohead CD I bought first came out it
    sold tons of copies. I would have thought for sure that a year later it
    would sell even more.

    And the recent NY Times best seller book that I bought is doing very well.
    Are you idiots telling me that a year from now it's going to sell even
    better?

    I saw the movie "Iron Man" a couple of weekends ago. It made $20.1 million
    on box office receipts this week. According to you morons we should see Iron
    Man make even more at the box office a year from now.

    You linux idiots are dumber than a cold turd.

    > I also know for a fact that 7 will be procrastinated endlessly and end up
    > like....

    Really. And who told you this Roy Schestowitz the lying scumbag? Is it from
    one of your reliable anonymous sources.

    The fact is that you're a complete loser. A nobody who tries to project some
    sort of self-importance by spouting **** like this. You don't know jack ****
    about anything as evidenced by your "BIOS error - Press to continue"
    that you were stupid enough to think was somehow related to Vista.

    Move out of your dorm room you unemployed loser, take all those Microsoft
    products off of your resume and get a job. Perhaps one day you'll be more
    useful than a cold piece of ****.

  4. Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 16:06:40 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Completely idiotic statement. Let's see... when the product first came out
    > it sold $3.4 billion. A year later after the initial rush it only sold $3.1
    > billion.
    >
    > Absolutely amazing. Because when the Radiohead CD I bought first came out it
    > sold tons of copies. I would have thought for sure that a year later it
    > would sell even more.
    >
    > And the recent NY Times best seller book that I bought is doing very well.
    > Are you idiots telling me that a year from now it's going to sell even
    > better?
    >
    > I saw the movie "Iron Man" a couple of weekends ago. It made $20.1 million
    > on box office receipts this week. According to you morons we should see Iron
    > Man make even more at the box office a year from now.
    >
    > You linux idiots are dumber than a cold turd.

    The Linux loons in COLA will shoehorn any argument they can find into their
    typical Microsoft hate rhetroric.

    >> I also know for a fact that 7 will be procrastinated endlessly and end up
    >> like....

    > Really. And who told you this Roy Schestowitz the lying scumbag? Is it from
    > one of your reliable anonymous sources.

    One of the voices in Roy Schestowitz's head.
    Hey, maybe it was PJ again !!

    > The fact is that you're a complete loser. A nobody who tries to project some
    > sort of self-importance by spouting **** like this. You don't know jack ****
    > about anything as evidenced by your "BIOS error - Press to continue"
    > that you were stupid enough to think was somehow related to Vista.

    Or the fact that he couldn't figure out how to filter posts by name without
    filtering out the entire ISP/nntp server.
    He had to ask Willy Filters for that one.

    > Move out of your dorm room you unemployed loser, take all those Microsoft
    > products off of your resume and get a job. Perhaps one day you'll be more
    > useful than a cold piece of ****.

    Tell us what you really think

    Roy Schestowitz the Van Wilder of University of Manchester College.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: ComputerWorld Blog: Fire Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Thursday 29 May 2008 19:25 : \____
    >
    >> On May 28, 6:47 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Five reasons to fire Ballmer
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.computerworld.com/five_...o_fire_ballmer
    >>>

    >> I didn't know it was SJVN until I read it. Here's a quote from a
    >> reader:
    >>
    >> Ballmer is the best thing that ever happened to Apple and FOSS. Long
    >> Live Ballmer as M$'s fuerher!!!
    >>
    >> Which are my sentiments exactly. Ballmer has the same aggressiveness
    >> and contempt for ethics that Gates had, but he's not as effective.
    >>
    >> And by the way, one of the biggest reasons Vista has been a flop is
    >> the way it is infested with DRM. That explains at least part of the
    >> sluggishness and heavy resources required, as well as the trouble over
    >> drivers and the lack of support for older software. It probably also
    >> explains in part why it took MS so long to produce Vista. It was a
    >> gamble by Ballmer that Vista and its DRM could lock in the
    >> entertainment market. That doesn't seem to be working, and has to
    >> count as another big failure of Ballmer's.

    > DRM was more 'alive' some years ago (for music at least) but awareness of its
    > harms has increased. I don't think DRM was Microsoft's reason for delay. I
    > also know for a fact that 7 will be procrastinated endlessly and end up like
    > turd that's just a Vista 'SP' (Allchin talk about renaming SPs before) with a
    > new task bar or whatever... which will confuse users like those ribbons people
    > loathe... before running back to the "better" 2003 version.

    Microsoft do not have the resources to rewrite windows. For 7 to be
    successful, they really need to adopt, at the very least, an open-source
    base operating system, probably like Apple, a BSD licensed one, since
    this will let them take the work without paying anything back. At that
    point, of course, the ultimate failure of Windows would become clear to
    the world at large, as MS would be adopting a Unix model. Whether that
    could be counteracted with enough spin is unknown, but I wouldn't put it
    past Microsoft to be able to do that. They've shown, more than anyone
    else, that they are able to market and spin better than any organisation
    currently on this planet.

    Of course, the future is not in operating systems, nor is it in desktops
    nor any other 1980s artefact. The future is in devices, appliances and
    mobility, coupled with network-hosted capability. Business models based
    on "owning" information seem unlikely to survive such a transition. It
    seems likely that in the future, musicians will be compensated for
    performances, and ict vendors for integration and support.