Java - Where ? - Linux

This is a discussion on Java - Where ? - Linux ; Hello, I have installed debian testing on an compaq alpha XP 1000. Everything works great except I am desesperate to find a java virtual machine 1.3x for linux alpha. It used to be one available on hp.com site but not ...

  1. Java - Where ?

    Hello,

    I have installed debian testing on an compaq alpha XP 1000. Everything works
    great except I am desesperate to find a java virtual machine 1.3x for linux
    alpha. It used to be one available on hp.com site but not any more. Am I
    blind? What Jvm do people use on alpha?

    Could someone provide me a link?

    Many thanks for your help.

    Arthur Lu

  2. Re: Java - Where ?

    "arthur lu" writes:

    > I have installed debian testing on an compaq alpha XP 1000. Everything works
    > great except I am desesperate to find a java virtual machine 1.3x for linux
    > alpha. It used to be one available on hp.com site but not any more. Am I
    > blind? What Jvm do people use on alpha?
    >
    > Could someone provide me a link?

    Sure, ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/li...inux-alpha.rpm

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se

  3. Re: Java - Where ?

    Thank you very much. Installation went smoothly. I was also happily
    surprised to find on this ftp site the compaq math libraries that allows to
    improve the jvm.

    Regards,

    --
    Arthur Lu

    "Måns Rullgård" a écrit dans le message de
    > "arthur lu" writes:
    >
    > > I have installed debian testing on an compaq alpha XP 1000. Everything

    works
    > > great except I am desesperate to find a java virtual machine 1.3x for

    linux
    > > alpha. It used to be one available on hp.com site but not any more. Am I
    > > blind? What Jvm do people use on alpha?
    > >
    > > Could someone provide me a link?

    > Sure,

    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/li...inux-alpha.rpm

    > --
    > Måns Rullgård
    > mru@kth.se

  4. Re: Java - Where ?

    "arthur lu" writes:

    > Thank you very much. Installation went smoothly. I was also happily
    > surprised to find on this ftp site the compaq math libraries that allows to
    > improve the jvm.

    I don't think they improve the JVM that much. CPML contains fast
    replacements for the standard math functions, nothing a JVM would use
    too often. They do boost the performance of floating point heavy
    things, though.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se