Old RedHat Linux versions? - Linux

This is a discussion on Old RedHat Linux versions? - Linux ; Gang, I was wondering if there's a place somewhere with ISO images of old Alpha RedHat distros (I'm looking for 5.0 particularly)? Or were they only commercially offered? Thanks. -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG...

  1. Old RedHat Linux versions?

    Gang,

    I was wondering if there's a place somewhere with ISO images of old
    Alpha RedHat distros (I'm looking for 5.0 particularly)? Or were they
    only commercially offered?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Old RedHat Linux versions?

    You can try looking here:

    http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html

    But finding ISO's that old might be hard. I would bet they start deleting
    the old stuff to save space.

    ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/redhat/...0/en/os/alpha/

    "Emeric Maschino" wrote in message
    news:8d015041eb934a8dd90148ae000844e6.46252@mygate .mailgate.org...
    > Gang,
    >
    > I was wondering if there's a place somewhere with ISO images of old
    > Alpha RedHat distros (I'm looking for 5.0 particularly)? Or were they
    > only commercially offered?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --

  3. Re: Old RedHat Linux versions?

    My experience with 5.0 was a pretty crappy.
    I.e. for supporting software like pppd.
    Still have it as the first distro to start with...
    2 CD. I can bake you a copy if like.

    For the first time to have a usable system, I was happy starting from
    5.2 ( Alpha-box XLT-300 with MILO)

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:26:29 -0600, "Jafir Elkurd"
    wrote:

    >You can try looking here:
    >
    >http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html
    >
    >But finding ISO's that old might be hard. I would bet they start deleting
    >the old stuff to save space.
    >
    >ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/redhat/...0/en/os/alpha/
    >

    >"Emeric Maschino" wrote in message
    >news:8d015041eb934a8dd90148ae000844e6.46252@mygate .mailgate.org...
    >> Gang,
    >>
    >> I was wondering if there's a place somewhere with ISO images of old
    >> Alpha RedHat distros (I'm looking for 5.0 particularly)? Or were they
    >> only commercially offered?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >> --

  4. Re: Old RedHat Linux versions?

    > http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html
    >
    > But finding ISO's that old might be hard. I would bet they start deleting
    > the old stuff to save space.

    Already checked. And you're right, old versions seem to be not available
    nowadays.

    > ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/redhat/...0/en/os/alpha/

    Like many mirrors, no Alpha isos for old releases.