DRI and Compaq optimized math library - Linux

This is a discussion on DRI and Compaq optimized math library - Linux ; Hello, The "Supported Architectures & Hardware" chapter of the "DRI User Guide" (see http://www.xfree86.org/current/DRI3.html ) says "Alpha-based systems can use Compaq's optimized math library for improved 3D performance." Question: Is the DRI interface in Compaq RH-7.2 Linux for Alpha compiled ...

  1. DRI and Compaq optimized math library

    Hello,

    The "Supported Architectures & Hardware" chapter of the "DRI User Guide"
    (see http://www.xfree86.org/current/DRI3.html) says "Alpha-based systems
    can use Compaq's optimized math library for improved 3D performance."

    Question: Is the DRI interface in Compaq RH-7.2 Linux for Alpha compiled
    using this optimized math library or not?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: DRI and Compaq optimized math library

    "Emeric Maschino" writes:

    > The "Supported Architectures & Hardware" chapter of the "DRI User Guide"
    > (see http://www.xfree86.org/current/DRI3.html) says "Alpha-based systems
    > can use Compaq's optimized math library for improved 3D performance."
    >
    > Question: Is the DRI interface in Compaq RH-7.2 Linux for Alpha compiled
    > using this optimized math library or not?

    Run 'ldd' on the appropriate .so files. If libcpml is listed, it's
    using the compaq libraries.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se

  3. Re: DRI and Compaq optimized math library

    "Emeric Maschino" writes:

    > Question: Is the DRI interface in Compaq RH-7.2 Linux for Alpha compiled
    > using this optimized math library or not?

    $ uname -a
    Linux sampi 2.4.19-sp #3 Tue Feb 4 17:56:07 EET 2003 alpha unknown
    $ cat /etc/redhat-release
    Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)
    $ find /usr/X11R6/lib/modules | xargs file | grep ELF | cut -f1 -d: | xargs ldd | grep cpml

    finds nothing.

    File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.

  4. Re: DRI and Compaq optimized math library

    Hi.

    I wonder if anybody knows how to build this DRI (XFree4.2.1) with
    the cpml under debian and create a Debian package.

    So far I have not seen the option to set while building it from the
    sources.

    Any ideas how to proceed?

    TIA

    Torsten

    --
    s-mail: Neckarstr. 120 Torsten Zirzlaff
    70190 Stuttgart

    | The shortest unit of time in the universe is the New York Second, defined |
    | as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab |
    | behind you honking. -- Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies' |

  5. Re: DRI and Compaq optimized math library

    Torsten Zirzlaff writes:

    > I wonder if anybody knows how to build this DRI (XFree4.2.1) with
    > the cpml under debian and create a Debian package.
    >
    > So far I have not seen the option to set while building it from the
    > sources.

    Set the C compiler to ccc. It will link with the compaq libraries
    where appropriate.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@kth.se

  6. Re: DRI and Compaq optimized math library

    Torsten Zirzlaff wrote:
    > Hi.

    > I wonder if anybody knows how to build this DRI (XFree4.2.1) with
    > the cpml under debian and create a Debian package.

    > So far I have not seen the option to set while building it from the
    > sources.

    > Any ideas how to proceed?

    Look for X sources and config files.
    There's options for compiling with cpml.

    And IIRC there were some options for compiling with CCC, but don't
    remember correctly is those for tru64 or with linux.

+ Reply to Thread