Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements - Linux ; Any experience if standard 400-500W ATX PSU will run UP2000 dual 667/4M setup? And are modern "P4" PSUs pinout compatible with UP2000, especially that "AUX ATX"?...

  1. Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements

    Any experience if standard 400-500W ATX PSU will run UP2000 dual 667/4M
    setup? And are modern "P4" PSUs pinout compatible with UP2000,
    especially that "AUX ATX"?

  2. Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements

    Dear Jukka & List,

    I've been told that the 667 mhz CPU uses much less power than the
    older 750, which lit up just fine with the Enermax 465p. The Enermax
    had the extra, 6-pin AT-style connector that is needed for the UP2000.
    It was labeled "Aux" and I'd guess there are other PSUs that have it.

    I think this PSU is probably OK, unless you are going to run a lot of
    hard drives and cards. The PSU that meets spec, of course, is the
    $370 PC P&C 600.

    good luck

    jn

    jukka <-@-.-> wrote in message news:...
    > Any experience if standard 400-500W ATX PSU will run UP2000 dual 667/4M
    > setup? And are modern "P4" PSUs pinout compatible with UP2000,
    > especially that "AUX ATX"?

  3. Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements

    jon_norstog wrote:
    > Dear Jukka & List,
    >
    > I've been told that the 667 mhz CPU uses much less power than the
    > older 750, which lit up just fine with the Enermax 465p. The Enermax

    Well, aren't they both EV67? According to this
    http://www.geek.com/procspec/dec/21264a.htm, there's not much difference in
    power consumption, 667 80W and 750 90W. Anyway it's nice
    to know that Enermax can handle that. I'll probably try get that 460W 465P, if
    that's known to work.

    > hard drives and cards. The PSU that meets spec, of course, is the
    > $370 PC P&C 600.

    Yes, actually I have that PSU, but it has some nasty looking bulging
    caps, so I don't feel comfortable using it anymore. Also it's so damn
    big and loud

  4. Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements

    In article <5zbub.892$Zh4.766@read3.inet.fi>, jukka <-@-.-> writes

    >Yes, actually I have that PSU, but it has some nasty looking bulging
    >caps, so I don't feel comfortable using it anymore.

    Could always solder new ones on. Works for me !

    Cheers, J/.
    --
    John Beardmore

  5. Re: UP2000 Power Supply Requirements

    John Beardmore wrote:

    >> Yes, actually I have that PSU, but it has some nasty looking bulging
    >> caps, so I don't feel comfortable using it anymore.

    > Could always solder new ones on. Works for me !

    Yes, I'm working on it. Still it's damn big and noisy!

+ Reply to Thread