Microsoft Bob(pt2) ??? - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft Bob(pt2) ??? - Linux ; While reading the Beeb, I came across this interesting article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7422924.stm Quoted from the article: "Microsoft's next operating system (OS) will come with multi-touch features as an alternative to the mouse. It is hoped the successor will have a better ...

  1. Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    While reading the Beeb, I came across this interesting article:

    Quoted from the article:
    "Microsoft's next operating system (OS) will come with multi-touch
    features as an alternative to the mouse.

    It is hoped the successor will have a better reception than the much-
    maligned Vista OS, released last year. "

    --and---

    "Chief executive Steve Ballmer described the limited demo of the multi
    touch screen at the conference as "a small snippet" of the next
    version of Windows after admitting he wants "to do better" than Vista.

    Even though Vista has suffered from a poor public image and a lukewarm
    welcome from many firms and users, Mr Ballmer said the company has
    shipped 150 million copies of the programme. "

    hhhrrrrm.
    I thought that Vista was selling so fast that no one cold keep up with
    it.

  2. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 01:46:05 -0700 (PDT), bobbie wrote:

    > While reading th

    What does this have to do with Linux?

    Where is HPT with his off topic charter net nanny rumblings?

    This is a prime example of the Linux hypocrite in action.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    bobbie wrote:

    > While reading the Beeb, I came across this interesting article:

    > Quoted from the article:
    > "Microsoft's next operating system (OS) will come with multi-touch
    > features as an alternative to the mouse.
    >
    > It is hoped the successor will have a better reception than the much-
    > maligned Vista OS, released last year. "
    >
    > --and---
    >
    > "Chief executive Steve Ballmer described the limited demo of the multi
    > touch screen at the conference as "a small snippet" of the next
    > version of Windows after admitting he wants "to do better" than Vista.
    >
    > Even though Vista has suffered from a poor public image and a lukewarm
    > welcome from many firms and users, Mr Ballmer said the company has
    > shipped 150 million copies of the programme. "
    >

    > hhhrrrrm.
    > I thought that Vista was selling so fast that no one cold keep up with
    > it.

    More reason to use Linux.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  4. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    bobbie wrote:

    >" It is hoped the successor will have a better reception than the much-
    > maligned Vista OS, released last year. "

    In the wildest dreams of its most fervent "advocates" would Linux ever gain
    14% of the installed base after 14 months of availability.

    You could try giving Linux away and see if that helps... oh, you do give
    Linux away. Then what's the problem? Must be the (cr)apps.

    > Even though Vista has suffered from a poor public image and a lukewarm
    > welcome from many firms and users, Mr Ballmer said the company has
    > shipped 150 million copies of the programme. "
    >

    > hhhrrrrm.
    > I thought that Vista was selling so fast that no one cold keep up with
    > it.

    150,000,000 licenses sold in 15 months sounds fast to me.

  5. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, bobbie

    wrote
    <0a23a3ac-a5b6-41d8-9294-4e89ab86df57@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>:
    > While reading the Beeb, I came across this interesting article:

    > Quoted from the article:
    > "Microsoft's next operating system (OS) will come with multi-touch
    > features as an alternative to the mouse.
    >
    > It is hoped the successor will have a better reception than the much-
    > maligned Vista OS, released last year. "
    >
    > --and---
    >
    > "Chief executive Steve Ballmer described the limited demo of the multi
    > touch screen at the conference as "a small snippet" of the next
    > version of Windows after admitting he wants "to do better" than Vista.
    >
    > Even though Vista has suffered from a poor public image and a lukewarm
    > welcome from many firms and users, Mr Ballmer said the company has
    > shipped 150 million copies of the programme. "
    >

    > hhhrrrrm.
    > I thought that Vista was selling so fast that no one cold keep up with
    > it.

    Off topic for this group; however, I can point out
    something that will at least link to Linux. A google on
    "Linux touchscreen" (sans quotes) coughed up

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9FgLr9oTk

    which is yet more XGL pr0n, this time using a touchscreen.
    Microsoft innovates from behind yet again.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYY-g6ionzM

    shows an interesting demo, though I'm not familiar with
    Starcraft; the video claims it is running under WinE...and
    certainly whatever hardware he's using, it runs reasonably
    well.

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li.../l-playscreen/

    instructs the user on how to set up and configure a PSOne LCD
    with touchscreen input, dated 2005.

    http://www.linuxjunkies.org/html/XFr...een-HOWTO.html

    is a HOWTO on Linux touchscreens, and is dated 2000.

    (Make that Microsoft innovating from *way* behind.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #12398234:
    void f(char *p) {char *q = strdup(p); strcpy(p,q);}

  6. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    bobbie wrote:

    > While reading the Beeb, I came across this interesting article:

    > Quoted from the article:
    > "Microsoft's next operating system (OS) will come with multi-touch
    > features as an alternative to the mouse.

    With micoshaft in charge, you will probably have to touch up your bum
    to reboot, and pull your tally whacker out to point rudely.

  7. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???

    DFS wrote:

    > bobbie wrote:

    >>" It is hoped the successor will have a better reception than the much-
    >> maligned Vista OS, released last year. "

    > In the wildest dreams of its most fervent "advocates" would Linux ever
    > gain 14% of the installed base after 14 months of availability.
    >
    > You could try giving Linux away and see if that helps... oh, you do give
    > Linux away. Then what's the problem? Must be the (cr)apps.
    >

    >> Even though Vista has suffered from a poor public image and a lukewarm
    >> welcome from many firms and users, Mr Ballmer said the company has
    >> shipped 150 million copies of the programme. "
    >>

    >> hhhrrrrm.
    >> I thought that Vista was selling so fast that no one cold keep up with
    >> it.

    > 150,000,000 licenses sold in 15 months sounds fast to me.

    Not sold... stuffed. The MSFT distribution channel is like a sewer pipe...
    And it's backing up, too...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  8. Re: Microsoft Bob(pt2) ???