[News] New OpenOffice Portal and Event in Europe - Linux

  1. [News] New OpenOffice Portal and Event in Europe

    oooPortal.com - The worldwide portal for OpenOffice.org

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | oooPortal.com - The worldwide portal for OpenOffice.org users was launched
    | Prague, the Czech Republic, 26 May 2008 - Today a gate to the virtual city
    | of users of OpenOffice.org from the whole world was opened. The users get
    | their own portal where they can find the fresh information, articles,
    | directions, templates, extensions or discussion forum.
    `----

    http://www.fanaticattack.com/2008/oo...officeorg.html

    OpenOffice.org Event in Brussels

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I just learned that the ProFoss event in Brussels on June 10 will have a
    | focus on OpenOffice.org. The list of speakers sounds very interesting!
    `----

    http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/op...nt_in_brussels

    Recent:

    EU: Europarlement testing Ubuntu, OpenOffice and Firefox

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The European Parliament's IT department is testing the use of GNU/Linux
    | distribution Ubuntu, OpenOffice, Firefox and other Open Source applications,
    | the British MEP James Nicholson explained last week in a letter to Italian
    | MEP Marco Cappato.
    `----

    http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7565

    $1 buys a lot of StarOffice

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As government begins its move to the Open Document Format (ODF) standard, Sun
    | Microsystems CEO Jonathan Schwartz has offered President Thabo Mbeki as many
    | copies of StarOffice his office requires for a total cost of just $1.00. *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Beveridge explains that the biggest implemetation project currently underway
    | within the South African government is the move to ODF.
    `----

    http://it-online.co.za/content/view/272690/142/

    OpenOffice.org 3.0 codeline now changed to LGPLv3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On a regular basis we provide developer snapshots to gather feedback on
    | features and fixes that have been implemented on the way to OpenOffice.org
    | 3.0.
    `----

    http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/...g_3_0_codeline

    First look: OpenOffice.org 3.0 beta a big step forward

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Overall, OpenOffice.org 3.0 beta feels like a solid evolutionary update with
    | a handful of new features that will be useful to various niche user groups.
    | It certainly is still a beta, however, as the suite crashed at least once on
    | both Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard during testing. If you want to
    | put a copy of your own through its paces, though, compiled versions for
    | Linux, Solaris, Windows, and Mac OS X (Intel Macs only) are available now
    | from OpenOffice.org's beta download site.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...p-forward.html

  2. Re: [News] New OpenOffice Portal and Event in Europe

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 03:10:52 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > oooPortal.com - The worldwide portal for OpenOffice.org

    Hahahah...
    Wait until people actually TRY OpenOffice....

    Getting a free Office suite sounds like a great idea until you actually use
    it.
    Then the excitement wears off and it's back to MSOffice.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] New OpenOffice Portal and Event in Europe

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic