[News] Download Pace of OpenOffice.org Has Just Increased 20% - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Download Pace of OpenOffice.org Has Just Increased 20%

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > Huge Success for the ODF Community
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| OpenOffice.org, which is just one implementation of ODF, is currently being
    >| downloaded more than 1.2M times per week and being distributed by popular
    >| hardware products like the Asus Eee PC. Government organizations around the
    >| world are adopting OpenOffice.org and/or ODF and have started to help each
    >| other with their adoption challenges. Thus, ODF has become a "market force"
    >| that can't be ignored anymore. Thus, again, congratulations and thank you to
    >| all the people who have contributed to the success of OpenOffice.org and ODF
    >| so far! Well done!
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/hu...ss_for_the_odf
    >
    > It used to be 1 million download per week a few months ago.

    I suspect that Microsoft's attempts to corrupt ISO, the BSI and so on
    have done more to create publicity that any amount of ODF pushing by
    interested parties might have done. News organs are rarely all that
    interested in good news, but a bit of corruption, seediness, bad
    behaviour, inappropriate conduct, a few things going wrong, perhaps an
    EU investigation and a few court cases, and you can guarantee coverage
    in pretty much every publication going.

  3. Re: [News] Download Pace of OpenOffice.org Has Just Increased 20%

    "Mark Kent" schreef in bericht
    newsridi5-se9.ln1@ellandroad.demon.co.uk...
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>
    >> Huge Success for the ODF Community
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| OpenOffice.org, which is just one implementation of ODF, is currently
    >>being
    >>| downloaded more than 1.2M times per week and being distributed by
    >>popular
    >>| hardware products like the Asus Eee PC. Government organizations around
    >>the
    >>| world are adopting OpenOffice.org and/or ODF and have started to help
    >>each
    >>| other with their adoption challenges. Thus, ODF has become a "market
    >>force"
    >>| that can't be ignored anymore. Thus, again, congratulations and thank
    >>you to
    >>| all the people who have contributed to the success of OpenOffice.org and
    >>ODF
    >>| so far! Well done!
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/hu...ss_for_the_odf
    >>
    >> It used to be 1 million download per week a few months ago.
    >>

    > I suspect that Microsoft's

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  4. Re: [News] Download Pace of OpenOffice.org Has Just Increased 20%

  5. Re: [News] Download Pace of OpenOffice.org Has Just Increased 20%

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 14 June 2008 20:30 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>>
    >>> Huge Success for the ODF Community
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/hu...ss_for_the_odf
    >>>
    >>> It used to be 1 million download per week a few months ago.
    >>>

    >> I suspect that Microsoft's attempts to corrupt ISO, the BSI and so on
    >> have done more to create publicity that any amount of ODF pushing by
    >> interested parties might have done. News organs are rarely all that
    >> interested in good news, but a bit of corruption, seediness, bad
    >> behaviour, inappropriate conduct, a few things going wrong, perhaps an
    >> EU investigation and a few court cases, and you can guarantee coverage
    >> in pretty much every publication going.

    > There will be a lot more publicity when the fines come and the findings of the
    > vast investigation told.

    I'm sure that there's a lot of work presently going on regarding
    minimising the impact of the investigation. Never underestimate the
    power of cash :-)