[News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week - Linux

  1. [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Earlier this year, riding high on the success of its ultra-portable Eee PC,
    | Asus revealed plans to launch a whole family of Eee products including a
    | small form-factor desktop machine dubbed the E-DT.
    `----

    http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-a...on-june-3.html

    Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on them. Over ten
    million to be sold per year!

    How can Microsoft respond? The XP Dumping Programme at $18 apiece is available
    for artificially-crippled laptops only.

    Recent:

    Linux is Part of Asus’s Long Term Plan

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Asus announced three new Linux products.
    |
    | I would even go so far to say that if Asus keeps up its support of Linux, it
    | may be the company that is credited with bringing Linux on the desktop to the
    | masses. Â*
    `----

    http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ong-term-plan/

    Asus' little Eee 900 laptop is a big improvement over its predecessor

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | When the original Eee PC came out last year, Asus pretty much had the
    | ultra-portable laptop market to itself, and the funky little Linux machine
    | was a huge hit.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | I tested a Windows XP model to see how much it differed from the original
    | Linux model.
    |
    | I much prefer the Linux.
    `----

    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.46ae175.html
    http://tinyurl.com/5z2nm2

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

    | to go with that.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Earlier this year, riding high on the success of its ultra-portable Eee PC,
    > | Asus revealed plans to launch a whole family of Eee products including a
    > | small form-factor desktop machine dubbed the E-DT.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-a...on-june-3.html
    >
    > Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on them. Over ten
    > million to be sold per year!
    >
    > How can Microsoft respond? The XP Dumping Programme at $18 apiece is available
    > for artificially-crippled laptops only.
    >

    > Recent:
    >
    > Linux is Part of Asus’s Long Term Plan
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Asus announced three new Linux products.
    > |
    > | I would even go so far to say that if Asus keeps up its support of Linux, it
    > | may be the company that is credited with bringing Linux on the desktop to the
    > | masses. Â*
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ong-term-plan/
    >

    > Asus' little Eee 900 laptop is a big improvement over its predecessor

    Why do you quote such obvious arseholes? Here is a quote from the
    preening bighead:

    ,----
    | I am expecting a check from Asus for the idea behind the TV-Computer,
    | because I already said that someone should make a Linux-based computer
    | to be connected to your TV
    `----

    LOL!

    What a visionary!

  3. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Earlier this year, riding high on the success of its ultra-portable
    >> Eee PC,
    >> | Asus revealed plans to launch a whole family of Eee products
    >> including a
    >> | small form-factor desktop machine dubbed the E-DT.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-a...on-june-3.html
    >>
    >> Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on
    >> them. Over ten
    >> million to be sold per year!

    That's interesting, and it's encouraging. However. I'd buy a laptop
    because I cannot integrate a system as nicely as a well done
    laptop is made. However, for a desktop, I buy generic parts (and
    probably use an old-looking box). Thus I get utility that does not
    look valuable, a wise provision these days. And by using generic
    parts (and boards and power supply) I don't get tripped up by a
    manufacturer's clever vendor lockin provisions. So generalizing
    from my own experience, I wonder if Asus can do as well in the
    desktop market as in the laptop market?

    Anyhow, more Linux from Asus can only be good. I'm about to
    make up a new machine, and I'll be looking for an Asus
    motherboard.

    Titeotwawki -- mha [comp.os.linux.advocacy 2008 May 27]

  4. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    "Martha Adams" wrote in message
    news6V_j.228$GT5.218@trndny01...

    > "Hadron" wrote in message
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> Eee PC,
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-a...on-june-3.html
    >>>
    >>> Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on them.
    >>> Over ten
    >>> million to be sold per year!

    > That's interesting, and it's encouraging. However. I'd buy a laptop
    > because I cannot integrate a system as nicely as a well done
    > laptop is made. However, for a desktop, I buy generic parts (and
    > probably use an old-looking box). Thus I get utility that does not
    > look valuable, a wise provision these days. And by using generic
    > parts (and boards and power supply) I don't get tripped up by a
    > manufacturer's clever vendor lockin provisions. So generalizing
    > from my own experience, I wonder if Asus can do as well in the
    > desktop market as in the laptop market?
    >
    > Anyhow, more Linux from Asus can only be good. I'm about to
    > make up a new machine, and I'll be looking for an Asus
    > motherboard.
    >
    > Titeotwawki -- mha [comp.os.linux.advocacy 2008 May 27]

    I see that you're still loving the Windows desktop of yours. Same as always.

  5. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:41:26 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Earlier this year, riding high on the success of its ultra-portable Eee PC,
    >>| Asus revealed plans to launch a whole family of Eee products including a
    >>| small form-factor desktop machine dubbed the E-DT.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-a...on-june-3.html
    >>
    >> Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on them. Over ten
    >> million to be sold per year!
    >>
    >> How can Microsoft respond? The XP Dumping Programme at $18 apiece is available
    >> for artificially-crippled laptops only.
    >>

    >> Recent:
    >>
    >> Linux is Part of Asus˘s Long Term Plan
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Asus announced three new Linux products.
    >>|
    >>| I would even go so far to say that if Asus keeps up its support of Linux, it
    >>| may be the company that is credited with bringing Linux on the desktop to the
    >>| masses. *
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ong-term-plan/
    >>

    >> Asus' little Eee 900 laptop is a big improvement over its predecessor

    > Why do you quote such obvious arseholes? Here is a quote from the
    > preening bighead:
    >
    > ,----
    >| I am expecting a check from Asus for the idea behind the TV-Computer,
    >| because I already said that someone should make a Linux-based computer
    >| to be connected to your TV
    > `----
    >
    > LOL!
    >
    > What a visionary!

    I'm surprised the Linux community isn't demanding that Asus release it for
    free!

    How dare Asus charge for something!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    "Moshe, Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:41:26 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-a...on-june-3.html
    >>>
    >>> Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on them. Over ten
    >>> million to be sold per year!
    >>>
    >>> How can Microsoft respond? The XP Dumping Programme at $18 apiece is available
    >>> for artificially-crippled laptops only.
    >>>

    >>> Recent:
    >>>
    >>> Linux is Part of Asus’s Long Term Plan
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ong-term-plan/
    >>>

    >>> Asus' little Eee 900 laptop is a big improvement over its predecessor

    >> Why do you quote such obvious arseholes? Here is a quote from the
    >> preening bighead:
    >>
    >> ,----
    >>| I am expecting a check from Asus for the idea behind the TV-Computer,
    >>| because I already said that someone should make a Linux-based computer
    >>| to be connected to your TV
    >> `----
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> What a visionary!

    > I'm surprised the Linux community isn't demanding that Asus release it for
    > free!
    >
    > How dare Asus charge for something!

    Yes! And I bet Willy Filters has been using his Linux desktop as a TV
    for about 28 years already! Asus need to clarify a few things .... I
    wonder if they stole the code from that shipwreck MythTV?

  7. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 19:35:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe, Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> Why do you quote such obvious arseholes? Here is a quote from the
    >>> preening bighead:
    >>>
    >>> ,----
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> LOL!
    >>>
    >>> What a visionary!

    >> I'm surprised the Linux community isn't demanding that Asus release it for
    >> free!
    >>
    >> How dare Asus charge for something!

    > Yes! And I bet Willy Filters has been using his Linux desktop as a TV
    > for about 28 years already! Asus need to clarify a few things .... I
    > wonder if they stole the code from that shipwreck MythTV?

    MythTV is a total disaster.

    A friend of mine tried to get it working and after 2 weeks of screwing
    around with it he finally gave up......

    He said it's like getting the Eiffel Tower shipped to your door in a
    hundred boxes of bolts and no instructions other than the picture on the
    outside of the box to explain how to put it together.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  9. Re: [News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

  11. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 03:25:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Yes, I don't underestimate the malice of a devil. In fact, they already try to
    > respond to it.
    >
    > http://boycotnovell.com/2008/05/15/e...-motherboards/

    Stop pimping your own sites Schestowitz.

    Hit count getting a little low this month?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 05:09:56 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > They did, in Largo Fl. Go tell them it doesn't work.

    Every time I see you Linux loona mention Lardo Fl I have to laugh.

    Have you ever been there?

    The entire town is one block long and looks like a gigantic senior citizens
    center.

    Yea, this is a real big win for Linux......

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 06:15:36 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 05:09:56 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >

    >> They did, in Largo Fl. Go tell them it doesn't work.

    > Every time I see you Linux loona mention Lardo Fl I have to laugh.

    Linux loona, is that someone like you that continually disses linux, but
    continues to use it?

    > Have you ever been there?

    Been there. Worked there. Worked as a paramedic for the county service
    there.

    > The entire town is one block long and looks like a gigantic senior
    > citizens center.

    You're a liar.

    > Yea, this is a real big win for Linux......

    Yes, actually, it is.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Rex Ballard on Tuesday 27 May 2008 17:43 : \____
    >
    >> part of their package. *The first time, that I can remember, was back
    >> in 1999, when COREL offered a motherboard maker Linux licenses at 50
    >> cents/board, and millions of these motherboards were ordered by OEMs
    >> and Kiosk dealers alike. *The problem was that Microsoft's OEM license
    >> agreement forbade ANY interference with the Microsoft controlled boot
    >> sequence.

    > Yes, I don't underestimate the malice of a devil. In fact, they already
    > try to respond to it.
    >
    > http://boycottnovell.com/2008/05/15/...-motherboards/

    Nice link. Throws a little light under the msft rock... Amazing what bugs
    and creatures crawl out in the light of day.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  15. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!

  16. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week