Open Source CRM - Options? - Linux

This is a discussion on Open Source CRM - Options? - Linux ; Hi, I am working with a client (a media company) that is re-developing its web publishing system. I've already shortlisted potential CMS systems (including several open- source options, such as Drupal and Joomla). The brief requires a site that has ...

  1. Open Source CRM - Options?

    Hi,

    I am working with a client (a media company) that is re-developing its
    web publishing system.

    I've already shortlisted potential CMS systems (including several
    open- source options, such as Drupal and Joomla).

    The brief requires a site that has sophisticated profiling capability,
    particularly with respect to the ability to 'personalise' the site;
    that is, recognise certain user preferences, and (where possible)
    target content to individual user interests etc.

    I am looking for examples of open-source CRM (or similar platforms)
    used for this kind of profiling/personalisation, and would appreciate
    any pointers readers of this newsgroup might be able to offer.

    Please reply directly to me at mark.neely@gmail.com

    Regards,

    Mark

  2. Re: Open Source CRM - Options?

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 19:42:28 -0700 (PDT), Mark Neely wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am working with a client (a media company) that is re-developing its
    > web publishing system.
    >
    > I've already shortlisted potential CMS systems (including several
    > open- source options, such as Drupal and Joomla).
    >
    > The brief requires a site that has sophisticated profiling capability,
    > particularly with respect to the ability to 'personalise' the site;
    > that is, recognise certain user preferences, and (where possible)
    > target content to individual user interests etc.
    >
    > I am looking for examples of open-source CRM (or similar platforms)
    > used for this kind of profiling/personalisation, and would appreciate
    > any pointers readers of this newsgroup might be able to offer.
    >
    > Please reply directly to me at mark.neely@gmail.com
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark

    Good luck.
    You'll need it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Open Source CRM - Options?

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Open Source CRM - Options?

    Mark Neely wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am working with a client (a media company) that is re-developing its
    > web publishing system.
    >
    > I've already shortlisted potential CMS systems (including several
    > open- source options, such as Drupal and Joomla).
    >
    > The brief requires a site that has sophisticated profiling capability,
    > particularly with respect to the ability to 'personalise' the site;
    > that is, recognise certain user preferences, and (where possible)
    > target content to individual user interests etc.
    >
    > I am looking for examples of open-source CRM (or similar platforms)
    > used for this kind of profiling/personalisation, and would appreciate
    > any pointers readers of this newsgroup might be able to offer.
    >
    > Please reply directly to me at mark.neely@gmail.com
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark

    To save time, post what you already have researched. There are quite a few
    linux based CRM's available...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

+ Reply to Thread