Light Version - Linux

This is a discussion on Light Version - Linux ; I am looking to put together a virtual box powered by linux where only squid application would be running on it. Which version of open source would have minimum space requirements, but would run windows, etc? Also, is it a ...

  1. Light Version

    I am looking to put together a virtual box powered by linux where only squid
    application would be running on it. Which version of open source would have
    minimum space requirements, but would run windows, etc? Also, is it a
    proper procedure to keep compilers on this machine or should I just bring in
    source?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Light Version

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 00:12:02 -0400, RG wrote:

    > I am looking to put together a virtual box powered by linux where only
    > squid application would be running on it. Which version of open source
    > would have minimum space requirements, but would run windows, etc?
    > Also, is it a proper procedure to keep compilers on this machine or
    > should I just bring in source?

    Not sure what Squid is. One of the smallest Linux versions I played with
    was DSL. Damn Small Linux. It worked running it on a virtual box. They
    even have instructions on how to setup a thumb drive to run it. Hope
    that helps.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread