http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ - Linux

This is a discussion on http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ - Linux ; Finally, the truth is here to be seen. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

  1. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

[...]

  2. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ms. Polly Ester belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Cool! I get /top billing/!

    Thank you, Windows Idiot! I mean, Polly Ester!

    By the way, you need to update the entry a bit:

    First of all is that while he thinks of himself as some sort of
    "advocate" he's more of a hypocrite because he write propreitary Windows
    software for a living. Then complains how bad Windows and propreitary
    software is.

    Corrections needed:

    0. You misspelled "proprietary".

    1. I am in no way a Linux advocate. Sure, I recommend it and love
    the hell out of it. But I realize that most people just don't
    care about operating systems. If they sound interested in it,
    then I'll do more than simply mention it. Our neighbor, a
    72-year-old man, came and asked me to help him get it working.
    So I did, and he's using it. I wouldn't call that advocacy.

    I would call it "doing".

    2. There is nothing at all hypocritical about writing Windows
    software while recommending Linux. You do whatever jobs are
    available to you. This area of the country is fairly parochial,
    definitely no software mecca, although that seems to be changing.
    And, indeed, the news in the business section indicates an
    ever-growing usage of Linux even here.

    3. I write software for government use. Furthermore, the customer
    gets /all/ of the source code. So the software is, in some sense,
    proprietary, but only in the sense that its usage is restricted to
    certain government entities.

    4. I complain about Windows and certain proprietary packages simply
    because they /are/ bad. However, the Windows software I write
    just gets better and better. Except that it isn't just Windows.

    5. Even more importantly, our latest software is cross-platform. It
    even compiles and run in 64-bit Linux.

    6. Finally, my current project is a Linux project. Linux is making
    great strides. Our customer has, I believe, seen that we can
    get it working quite well, and, given our aim in the last few
    years of avoid Windows-specific code, quite easily. I look
    forward to never having to write Windows-only code again.

    So. although your blog-spot contains many inaccuracies, incorrect
    generalizations, invalid numbers, insults, and inadvertent
    self-deprecation, I do thank you for acknowledging our work, and for
    admitting that Linux is indeed growing, important enough, and a threat
    to your own world-view that you feel compelled to counter, however
    fecklessly.

    If you'd tighten the site up a bit, I'm sure /someone/ not in COLA will
    take it seriously.

  3. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    "Ms. Polly Ester" schreef in bericht
    news:46fe4114$0$26465$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    > Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    I hope there is a chance to add chrisv. He's a liar because he so called
    plonked about 1.820 people on usenet, but he actually never plonked anyone.
    His only purpose on usenet is to make an honest replier, to a usenet post
    look bad. His idiotic plonking behaviour has no limits. He's a liar too
    because he bashes MS Windows Vista frequently, despite the fact that he
    avoids the question if he has ever used Vista, by saying *plonk*. He is a
    typical linux and COLA ****wit, when confronted with facts that prove him to
    be an idiot he resorts to posting *PLONK*. His vocabulary is very limited,
    monosyllable and abusive like most Cola regulars. (plonk, idiot, wintroll,
    troll, felcher a.s.o)

  4. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > It was on, or about, Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:07:32 +0000, that as I was
    > halfway through a large jam doughnut, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ms. Polly Ester belched out this bit o'
    >> wisdom:
    >>
    >>> Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >>>
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    >> Cool! I get /top billing/!

    > Perhaps someone who's had a frontal lobotomy?
    > It's only linux-sux trolling (notice 'lienux' in that 'blog'?). Gives
    > himself away every time.
    >
    > You can tell the twats don't like being filtered & ignored.
    > Smacks of desperation for attention, IMO. Pathetic.

    I think it's cute! After making her "creation", she toddles happily
    toward Daddy, squealing in her pride.

    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    "Look Daddy! Look Daddy! I did my first poo-poos!"

  5. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Linonut espoused:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> It was on, or about, Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:07:32 +0000, that as I was
    >> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ms. Polly Ester belched out this bit o'
    >>> wisdom:

    >>> Cool! I get /top billing/!

    >> Perhaps someone who's had a frontal lobotomy?
    >> It's only linux-sux trolling (notice 'lienux' in that 'blog'?). Gives
    >> himself away every time.
    >>
    >> You can tell the twats don't like being filtered & ignored.
    >> Smacks of desperation for attention, IMO. Pathetic.

    > I think it's cute! After making her "creation", she toddles happily
    > toward Daddy, squealing in her pride.

    > "Look Daddy! Look Daddy! I did my first poo-poos!"

    I was quite pleased to make the grade. Obviously, Gary still really
    loves us all.

  6. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Ms. Polly Ester wrote:

    > Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    so is the layout.

    It's obvious, Gary is desperate :-)

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com

  7. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Yes, and the colatrolls blogspot is ****e, too.

    --
    Kier

  8. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Kier belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:25:16 +0200, ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >>
    >>> Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >>>
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    >> How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    >> so is the layout.

    > Yes, and the colatrolls blogspot is ****e, too.

    Yes, class. Now let's all sit quietly at our desks with our hands
    folded, and not say a word.

    --
    Tux rox!

  9. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    ml2mst wrote:

    > Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >
    >> Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >>
    >> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    > How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    > so is the layout.
    >
    > It's obvious, Gary is desperate :-)

    Yup, he sure is.

    --
    Operating systems:
    FreeBSD 6.2, Debian 4.0

  10. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    ____/ William Poaster on Saturday 29 September 2007 23:03 : \____

    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >>
    >>> Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >>>
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    >> How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    >> so is the layout.
    >>
    >> It's obvious, Gary is desperate :-)

    > Yup, he sure is.

    It's something that a 14-year-old would do, not an adult.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Wintendo O/S gets malware on its tail
    Tasks: 132 total, 1 running, 130 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie

  11. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:25:16 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >
    >> Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >>
    >> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    > How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    > so is the layout.
    >
    > It's obvious, Gary is desperate :-)

    Actually, i'd call it more of a "retaliation". And I predict it will only
    get worse.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....383496e215c770

    No, I have nothing to do with this. But I can see the writing on the wall.
    It won't be long before there are hundreds of sites on both sides, flooding
    this newsgroup with tons more crap.

    You could all stop this, if you want. But oh well.

  12. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Ms. Polly Ester wrote:

    > Finally, the truth is here to be seen.

    That's the most pathetic plea for attention I've ever seen.

    The fact that there's zero truth to be found there is entirely beside the
    point.

    --
    "This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is
    not God who kills the children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny

  13. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ William Poaster on Saturday 29 September 2007 23:03 : \____
    >
    >> ml2mst wrote:

    >>> How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    >>> so is the layout.
    >>>
    >>> It's obvious, Gary is desperate :-)

    >> Yup, he sure is.

    > It's something that a 14-year-old would do, not an adult.

    He is clearly alone, with a lot of time on his hands.

  14. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ William Poaster on Saturday 29 September 2007 23:03 : \____

    >>> Yup, he sure is.

    >> It's something that a 14-year-old would do, not an adult.
    >>

    > He is clearly alone, with a lot of time on his hands.

    A troll's desperate plea for attention, IMO.

    --
    Operating systems:
    FreeBSD 6.2, Debian 4.0
    PCLinuxOS 2007, (K)Ubuntu 7.04
    Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" alpha - Tribe 5

  15. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:25:16 +0200, ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >>
    >>> Finally, the truth is here to be seen.
    >>>
    >>> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    >> How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    >> so is the layout.
    >>
    >> It's obvious, Gary is desperate :-)

    > Actually, i'd call it more of a "retaliation". And I predict it will only
    > get worse.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....383496e215c770

    Quoting your own prediction.

    What are you, a psychic?

    Hmmmm:

    "Whatever happened to the outrage people had disagreements in COLA
    were taken out of COLA? Will employers be targeted again? Will
    friends and loved ones be harassed? Will it end with threats, and
    possible real actions taken in real life?"

    > No, I have nothing to do with this. But I can see the writing on the
    > wall. It won't be long before there are hundreds of sites on both
    > sides, flooding this newsgroup with tons more crap.

    It's been worse. See the above reminder.

    > You could all stop this, if you want. But oh well.

    Arrrgh, let the boyz have their fun.

    --
    Tux rox!

  16. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:31:37 +0000, Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Kier belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> How pethatic. The idea was copied form http://colatrolls.blogspot.com,
    >>> so is the layout.

    >> Yes, and the colatrolls blogspot is ****e, too.

    > Yes, class. Now let's all sit quietly at our desks with our hands
    > folded, and not say a word.

    Stupid stuff pisses me off. Colatrolls blogspot is stupid. All that
    surprised me is how long it took to get copied by the 'opposition'.

    --
    Kier

  17. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Kier belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:31:37 +0000, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, class. Now let's all sit quietly at our desks with our hands
    >> folded, and not say a word.

    > Stupid stuff pisses me off. Colatrolls blogspot is stupid. All that
    > surprised me is how long it took to get copied by the 'opposition'.

    Well, let's just say that stupidity rules.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law

    I've heard is "94% of everything is crap", though.

    Anyway, reading further, I see something very applicable to the various
    Windows and Linux slammers:

    The first reference to what was then called Sturgeon's Revelation
    appears in the March 1958 issue of Venture Science Fiction Magazine,
    where Sturgeon wrote: "I repeat Sturgeon's Revelation, which was
    wrung out of me after twenty years of wearying defense of science
    fiction against attacks of people who used the worst examples of the
    field for ammunition, and whose conclusion was that ninety percent of
    SF is crud."

    Although I'd reword it "Windows is 90% crud", and let DFS elucidate us
    on the obvious corollary.

    One more little jokey. That URL also lists:

    See also

    * Finagle's law
    * Hanlon's razor
    * Gresham's law
    * Law (principle)
    * Adages named after people
    * Murphy's law

    To which I'd like to add "Van Gogh's razor".

    --
    Tux rox!

  18. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:33:27 +0100, Kier wrote:

    >> Yes, class. Now let's all sit quietly at our desks with our hands
    >> folded, and not say a word.

    > Stupid stuff pisses me off. Colatrolls blogspot is stupid. All that
    > surprised me is how long it took to get copied by the 'opposition'.

    Indeed. I expected it a lot earlier as well. I guess Linuxsux was too
    busy trolling

  19. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    In article <6791446.UbxzAKkxvt@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > It's something that a 14-year-old would do, not an adult.

    Unlikely. Roy Culley has been on usenet long enough that we can infer
    that he is probably older than 14.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  20. Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    In article ,
    Mark Kent wrote:
    > He is clearly alone, with a lot of time on his hands.
    >
    > --

    > | Cola trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/ |

    How is it any different from colatrolls.blogspot.com, which you appear
    to approve of?

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread