Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors - Linux ; According to analysis from the Australian company's ThreatFire user base, 58,000 PCs running Vista were compromised by at least one piece of malware over the six months to May 2008, equivalent to 27 percent of all Vista machines probed. http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...decessors.html...

  1. Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors

    According to analysis from the Australian company's ThreatFire user
    base, 58,000 PCs running Vista were compromised by at least one piece
    of malware over the six months to May 2008, equivalent to 27 percent
    of all Vista machines probed.

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...decessors.html

  2. Re: Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > According to analysis from the Australian company's ThreatFire user
    > base, 58,000 PCs running Vista were compromised by at least one piece
    > of malware over the six months to May 2008, equivalent to 27 percent
    > of all Vista machines probed.
    >

    > http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146281

    vista_called_as_vulnerable_as_predecessors.html

    WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses, trojans, spyware,
    botnetware and malware are released per day than all the Micoshaft, its
    partners, and**anti-virus*companies*and*their*engineers*can*release*fi xes.

    Time to move everything over to Linux to protect company assets, banks
    and government assets.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  3. Re: Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors

    ____/ 7 on Monday 26 May 2008 21:19 : \____

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >

    >> According to analysis from the Australian company's ThreatFire user
    >> base, 58,000 PCs running Vista were compromised by at least one piece
    >> of malware over the six months to May 2008, equivalent to 27 percent
    >> of all Vista machines probed.
    >>

    >> http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146281

    > vista_called_as_vulnerable_as_predecessors.html
    >

    > WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses, trojans, spyware,
    > botnetware and malware are released per day than all the Micoshaft, its
    > partners, and¬*¬*anti-virus¬*companies¬*and¬*their¬*engineers¬*can¬*rele ase¬*fixes.
    >
    > Time to move everything over to Linux to protect company assets, banks
    > and government assets.
    >

    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    How long before the zombie/non-zonbie ratio of Windows is about the same as the
    ham/spam ratio, i.e. 9 out of 10 Windows boxes is a zombie? Right now it's
    about 4 out of 10.

    Yesterday I stumbled upon:

    How Microsoft missed the boat on zero-day threats

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On Jan. 15, 2002, Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates issued a jaw-dropping
    | memo with the subject line "Trustworthy Computing." To stem rising hacker
    | attacks, Gates ordered all Windows development halted and directed his
    | company's full attention to shoring up security.
    `----

    http://computerworld.com/action/arti...intsrc=kc_feat

    This may suggest that poor security will have Windows tossed, eventually. There
    will be no other choice. Armies worldwide already migrate to Linux because
    they are hurt the most by infiltration. Espionage is costing billions too, but
    it isn't necessarily a matter of national security.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
    04:00:02 up 42 days, 2:12, 4 users, load average: 1.04, 1.20, 1.52

+ Reply to Thread