[NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading - Linux

This is a discussion on [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading - Linux ; Jimserac wrote: > > You should find links like THIS ONE: > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774 > easily. I don't have to find sweet FA. You made the claim. http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=779 [UPDATED - Just to clarify, I can confirm that this stealth update was ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 97 of 97

  1. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Jimserac wrote:

    > You should find links like THIS ONE:
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774
    > easily.

    I don't have to find sweet FA. You made the claim.

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=779
    [UPDATED - Just to clarify, I can confirm that this stealth update was
    applied to systems where Windows Update was set to “Download updates but
    let me choose whether to install them” and “for updates but let me
    choose whether to download and install them” but not on systems set to
    “Never check for updates.”]

    Jim made a PEBKAC.

    > I don't know about you but when I shut
    > off updates, I don't expect it to continue
    > working surreptitiously. That just ONE
    > example and there are MANY more.

    Great! Let's see MANY more.

    > The windows media player is reporting back
    > to microsoft everything you play.
    > The search files/folder is reporting back
    > what you search for.

    Proof please.

    > The Internet Explorer used to make way
    > more copies than are needed for mere
    > caching.

    Proof please.

    Are you by any chance related to Liarnut?

  2. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    "Jimserac" wrote in message
    > On Jun 6, 11:09 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    >> Jimseracwrote:
    >> > Now back to Linux, NO thrashing. Oh, well a little,

    >> You got beatdown.
    >>
    >> > (Sheepish grin on face), OK, there is some thrashing with Linux but
    >> > not as
    >> > much as Windows.

    >> You got beatdown.
    >>
    >> > My point is that Windows was purposely designed to make surreptitious
    >> > copies of your activities and files, for whatever reason, and Linux
    >> > was
    >> > not.

    >> No proof of this ridiculous claim.
    >>
    >> > Don't be coy, you mean you don't know that every time you do a find
    >> > file
    >> > or
    >> > folder, what you are searching for is sent back to Microsoft. ou don't
    >> > really think Linux does this do you?

    >> When you say "what you are searching for is sent" do you mean the query
    >> itself, or the results of the query?

    > What is being searched for is sent to Microsoft... every time, for
    > "marketing" purposes. Did you not know this?

    No. And neither do you because it's complete unsubstantiated bull**** and
    lies.

    > Take for example the Windows Firewall, widely advertised
    > by Microsoft when they added it to XP.
    > But it is only half a firewall - it monitors incoming packets OK but
    > pays no attention to outgoing ones!!
    > Is THIS your idea of security?

    Is this your idea of proving your ridiculous statement that everything you
    search for is sent to Microsoft?

    > Windows 95 and 98 made not one but SEVERAL copies of your visited web
    > sites and saved web pages (this went WAY beyond any need for caching)
    > and I don't think
    > the documentation was very clear (if there was any at all)
    > about why it was doing this and for what purpose.
    > That's the problem with a closed system, you DON'T know
    > what it is doing in the background. God knows what
    > XP and Vista are doing, but people find out by monitoring
    > the file, registry and packet activity.

    And you have zero proof of this. How convenient.

    > And all that saving in all sorts of odd places,
    > and in the registry, slows down the system and
    > accounts for those little 10, 15, 30 and more second
    > delays that occur all day on computers using Muckrosoft software. On
    > Linux, yeah there's SOME of that but not NEARLY as much as Windows. I
    > can't browse the Internet in
    > Windows anymore because I'm so used to smooth browsing without all the
    > little 5 and 10 second pauses characteristic of Windows.

    And once again you have zero proof of this. Run along liar... the "short
    bus" is here to bring you to school.

  3. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    "Jimserac" wrote in message
    > On Jun 6, 7:38 am, Hadron wrote:
    >> Jimserac writes:

    >> > (Sheepish grin on face), OK, there is some thrashing
    >> > with Linux but not as much as Windows.

    >> > Oh yes, you bet, I'll start running
    >> > some software and make a 10 month study
    >> > showing exact percentages, ya sure.

    >> > My point is that Windows was purposely designed
    >> > to make surreptitious copies of your activities
    >> > and files, for whatever reason, and Linux was not.

    >> Proof of this nonsense please?

    > Nonsense? Why don't you use google
    > and find out for yourself.

    You made the claim. Try proving it.

    > Here's just ONE link from HUNDREDS.
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774

    It's actually zero from zero. This has nothing at all to do with all of
    your search results being sent to Microsoft. It's an article about Windows
    update.

  4. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    "Jimserac" wrote in message
    > On Jun 6, 12:14 pm, Frank wrote:
    >> Jimseracwrote:

    >> > (Sheepish grin on face), OK, there is some thrashing
    >> > with Linux but not as much as Windows.

    >> I rarely hear hard drive activity using Etch or Lenny.
    >>
    >> top - 11:03:44 up 12:14, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.09, 0.10
    >> Tasks: 92 total, 2 running, 90 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    >> Cpu(s): 4.3%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 94.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.7%si,
    >> 0.0%st
    >> Mem: 516616k total, 494132k used, 22484k free, 63664k buffers
    >> Swap: 706820k total, 0k used, 706820k free, 236016k cached
    >>

    >> > Oh yes, you bet, I'll start running
    >> > some software and make a 10 month study
    >> > showing exact percentages, ya sure.

    >> > My point is that Windows was purposely designed
    >> > to make surreptitious copies of your activities
    >> > and files, for whatever reason, and Linux was not.

    >> What exactly are these "surreptitious copies of your activities"? Do
    >> you mean index.dat or the "NSAKEY", the latter of which was dismissed by
    >> Bruce Schneier in 1999. Has Wireshark shown anything being transmitted
    >> Teh Fortress of Evul in Washington State?
    >>
    >> It's pretty simpleJimserac; you made the claim, you provide the proof.
    >> Quoting liars like Rexx or Retarded Roi do not count.

    > Use google and find out for yourself.

    You made the claim so *you* need to backup your claims. Don't expect
    someone else to substantiate your bull**** lies.

    > You should find links like THIS ONE:
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774
    > easily.

    Obviously it isn't so easy. This has nothing at all to do with all of your
    search results being sent to Microsoft. It's an article about Windows
    update.

    > I don't know about you but when I shut
    > off updates, I don't expect it to continue
    > working surreptitiously. That just ONE
    > example and there are MANY more.

    It's an example of nothing. Your claim was that all searches are sent to
    Microsoft. You have yet to show even a remote shred of evidence to back up
    your delusional lie.

    > The windows media player is reporting back
    > to microsoft everything you play.

    Proof? Of course not. That's because you're simply here for a troll.

    > The search files/folder is reporting back
    > what you search for.

    Proof? Of course not. That's because you're simply here for a troll.

    > The Internet Explorer used to make way
    > more copies than are needed for mere
    > caching

    Proof? Of course not. That's because you're simply here for a troll.

    > NONSENSE? I DON'T think so dude.

    Jimserac - IDIOT TROLL? I know so dude.

  5. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Jimserac wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Jimserac wrote:
    >>
    >>> "DFS" wrote: The only thing frozen is the thinking
    >>> processes, if any, in your head. Say... you don't have
    >>> connection with the Muckrosoft Corporation do you? I've
    >>> been using Debian UNSTABLE for over a year now. Unlike my
    >>> former Windows XP, the Linux desktop icons have NEVER
    >>> rearranged themselves and also, unlike my former XP
    >>> system, when I want to delete a file and I'm the
    >>> administrator it never ever tells me "permission denied".
    >>> I've never had a crash and this is the most wonderful
    >>> stable and most powerful operating system I've ever used.

    >> DFS is a long term wintroll in this newsgroup. Similar to
    >> your experiences, I have been using Debian for the past
    >> 2-1/2 years and Ubuntu, based on Debian for the past 2
    >> years. There have been no rearranging Linux desktop icons
    >> unless I have done the arranging. When I delete a file, it
    >> deletes, unlike XP, which totally quits when *one* exception
    >> occurs, like a file in use.
    >>
    >> There have been no random crashes.
    >>
    >> He is so full of gob****e that I seriously doubt anyone pays
    >> any real attention to him. His whole purpose is to disrupt
    >> this newsgroup and to promote his precious Microsoft Windows
    >> operating system, to the verbal denegration of Linux.

    > Well I'm a former software developer with 32 years experience,
    > 15 of them developing apps to run under various versions of
    > Windows.
    >
    > I can't begin to tell you the hours I wasted searching through
    > Muckrosoft "help" files, and constantly changing web sites.

    I think it goes with the software industry turf. I remember
    working with Perkin-Elmer (now Concurrent) minicomputer manuals
    in the '80s. I found newer library functions that did not work
    and had to use legacy functions to accomplish the same. Ditto
    with computer monitor bugs, bad documentation, disfunctional
    escape sequences. This went for their PE6100 and PC6312
    terminals. I wished the company had purchased VT100 terminals
    instead. Again, I had work arounds.

    > Even their tech reports look like they were written by the
    > marketing department.

    I guess it goes to show what they value. Marketeers over
    software developers.

    > Finally in 2005 I got free of them.
    >
    > I currently have a 64 bit AMD E-Systems computer with a 64 bit
    > Debian and it is simply the fastest, most stable and most
    > wonderful operating system I've ever had.
    >
    > And I have consistently used the "unstable" leading edge
    > version with complete success.

    Well, the trolls in this newsgroup, Hadron, DFS, Moshe Goldfarb
    AKA 400+ PhlatPhish nyms and Ezekiel

    AKA Keith Windsor, LENNY, 1st Lt Jean Poole, Adam Baum, Barb
    Dwyer, Capt. James Pike, Capt. Morgan, Captain Commando, Colonel
    Ichabod Conk, Cpl. Kronk, Dr Gang Green, Dr. Disco, Dr.
    Fafoofnik, Dr. Feelgood, Dr. GroundAxe, Dr. Hungwell, Dr. Hurt,
    Dr. Livingston, Dr. McGillicudy, Dr. Pain, Dr. Seymour Butts, Dr.
    Shlongwell, Dr. Shlongwell (aka your Boss), Dr. Smooth, Dr.
    Zhivago, Geppetto Olivio, Gordon Glover, Lintard Luser, Lt.
    Stardust, nym-thief imposter of Mindy Cohen, Mr. Doug Hoel, Mr.
    X, Ms. Polly Ester, Ofc. Michael Clayton, rafael (note the
    nym-thief couldn't even leave poor Rafael alone), Randy Oaks,
    Sgt. Wannacker, SgtMajor Gansevoort, nym-thief imposter of
    Sinister Midget, Sophie McDowell, Simon Templar, Sue Romer, Sir
    Michael Clayton, Warren Piece, Zumwalt Humphry and myriad others

    would like all to believe that Debian and Debian based distros
    are completely borked.

    No, I have not experienced the so-called failures they
    distortedly like to poast. I like Debian because it is a "peddle
    to the metal" distro, more of a system's administrator type
    system. It gives much flexibility in how to set up and has much
    support.

    I find it interesting that a good number of IT systems people
    here in US want to utilise Linux amongst their infrastructure and
    some do very quietly. Resistance is among corporate and upper
    Government leadership within the country.

    Much of it I believe is because of the years of brainwashing FUD
    and astroturfing campaign such as you see the trolls doing here,
    that has perpetuated this nonsensical sole source lock-in. This
    I believe accounts for why one sees a greater Linux presence
    overseas than in US.

    Similar to DEC in the '80s, basically no one ever got fired over
    maintaining a 100% Microsoft desktop and office environment.

    Also, I personally feel that much of the so-called Government
    software certification processes leaves much to be desired. It
    hinders "the new kid on the block" software development house
    from getting Government contracts, because only the long term
    large houses have been "certified" and lengthy (costly) process
    it takes to get certified. This goes for Linux distros as well.

    One thing that has helped considerably with breaking vendor
    lock-in is the rash of court cases over the past 15 years, which
    has shown time and time again that Microsoft is an abusive
    monopoly. The ability to see actual court documents and
    judgements that document abuses have helped to expose this
    compulsively abusive monopoly.

    --
    HPT. http://www.linuxwins.com - The Illinois based banking
    conglomerate, Metropolitan Bank Group, has successfully moved

  6. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Jun 7, 10:28 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "Jimserac" wrote in message

    > >> Proof of this nonsense please?

    > > Nonsense? Why don't you use google
    > > and find out for yourself.

    > You made the claim. Try proving it.
    >
    > > Here's just ONE link from HUNDREDS.
    > >http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774

    > It's actually zero from zero. This has nothing at all to do with all of
    > your search results being sent to Microsoft. It's an article about Windows
    > update.
    >
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    Just turn on your
    zonealarm or packet monitor
    and you'll see information packets being
    sent to port 80 to address 207.46.248.249 (sa.windows.com)
    whenever you search for a file or folder.

    Citizen Jimserac

  7. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Jun 7, 10:31 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "Jimserac" wrote in message

    > >> I rarely hear hard drive activity using Etch or Lenny.

    > >> top - 11:03:44 up 12:14, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.09, 0.10
    > >> Tasks: 92 total, 2 running, 90 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    > >> Cpu(s): 4.3%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 94.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.7%si,
    > >> 0.0%st
    > >> Mem: 516616k total, 494132k used, 22484k free, 63664k buffers
    > >> Swap: 706820k total, 0k used, 706820k free, 236016k cached

    > >> What exactly are these "surreptitious copies of your activities"? Do
    > >> you mean index.dat or the "NSAKEY", the latter of which was dismissed by
    > >> Bruce Schneier in 1999. Has Wireshark shown anything being transmitted
    > >> Teh Fortress of Evul in Washington State?

    > >> It's pretty simpleJimserac; you made the claim, you provide the proof.
    > >> Quoting liars like Rexx or Retarded Roi do not count.

    > > Use google and find out for yourself.

    > You made the claim so *you* need to backup your claims. Don't expect
    > someone else to substantiate your bull**** lies.
    >
    > > You should find links like THIS ONE:
    > >http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774
    > > easily.

    > Obviously it isn't so easy. This has nothing at all to do with all of your
    > search results being sent to Microsoft. It's an article about Windows
    > update.
    >
    > > I don't know about you but when I shut
    > > off updates, I don't expect it to continue
    > > working surreptitiously. That just ONE
    > > example and there are MANY more.

    > It's an example of nothing. Your claim was that all searches are sent to
    > Microsoft. You have yet to show even a remote shred of evidence to back up
    > your delusional lie.
    >
    > > The windows media player is reporting back
    > > to microsoft everything you play.

    > Proof? Of course not. That's because you're simply here for a troll.
    >
    > > The search files/folder is reporting back
    > > what you search for.

    > Proof? Of course not. That's because you're simply here for a troll.
    >
    > > The Internet Explorer used to make way
    > > more copies than are needed for mere
    > > caching

    > Proof? Of course not. That's because you're simply here for a troll.
    >
    > > NONSENSE? I DON'T think so dude.

    > Jimserac- IDIOT TROLL? I know so dude.
    >
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    Conversation ended? You KNOW so dude.

    Citizen Jimserac

  8. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 12:04:35 -0700 (PDT), Jimserac wrote:

    > Time wasting discussion with idiots terminated.
    >
    > Bye bye dudes, use windows, be happy,
    >
    > Citizen Jimserac

    Translation: I came into a group trying to troll and got screwed and glued.
    Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Jun 7, 11:20 am, "DFS" wrote:

    > I checked, and each time I launch the Search app, it sends 10 packets to MS
    > (207.46.248.249:www-http, sa.windows.com), 2 of which are GETs to make sure
    > you have the latest .xsl and .xml files. Nothing is sent during or after a
    > local system search, whether the search results are successful or not.

    Of course you see nothing sent.
    They've probably finished their market "survey"
    or whatever excuse they were using for what they
    were doing. Just DON'T expect them to
    advise you the next time one of the those
    STEALTH SYSTEM UPDATES reactivates it.

    Check the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT that you had
    to OK, that's the beauty part... YOU'VE GIVEN
    THEM PERMISSION TO DO IT.

    Did I mention how I've opted out of this
    conversation. You've got some intelligence,
    so eventually you'll catch on. Give it time.

    CJ

  10. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Jimserac wrote:

    > Stick your head in the sand, use windows
    > and be happy.

    I've been doing so for more than 17 years: reasonable prices and a huge
    universe of apps and games and hardware.

    Linux can't come close to competing.

    > Bye!

    You're weak and lazy, Dimserac.

    You make silly hysterical claims you can't back up, and then you run away.
    Very typical of a Linux "advocate"

  11. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Jun 7, 3:31 pm, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 12:04:35 -0700 (PDT),Jimseracwrote:
    > > Time wasting discussion with idiots terminated.

    > > Bye bye dudes, use windows, be happy,

    > > CitizenJimserac

    > Translation: I came into a group trying to troll and got screwed and glued.
    > Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.
    >
    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    POSTCRIPTED ADDENDUM

    Translation: I came into a group and found
    a bunch of idiots but tried to show them a few
    things because I was just like them not so long ago.

    First off, could you or someone PLEASE show the idiot who asked me to
    "prove" that Windows Media Player is sending information back to
    Muckrosoft how to set up zone alarm or whatever so he can find out for
    himself.

    SECOND, I note NO COMMENT on the rather astonishing
    fact that, in the link I posted, about Muckrosoft
    going ahead with updating system files EVEN THOUGH THE USER HAS SHUT
    OFF THOSE UPDATES. I am frankly astonished that this bothers nobody
    but it is characteristic of the passivity and unquestioning obedience
    which Mucrosoft zombies, such as yourself accept everything they do as
    OK.

    Third, the ONLY reason I bothered was because, as I said,
    not so long ago I WAS a windows developer and thought
    exactly as you do now. I was, in fact, just like you, AN IDIOT. The
    difference between us is that I broke free of the mindset, which I
    understand perfectly, which hobbles your thinking and paralyzes you
    into using such crap software as the security hole ridden XP or the
    appallingly bad "VAPIDSTA". The ONLY way you, or they,
    will break free of this mental paralysis is to try
    some LINUX or other alternative system (Macs are quite nice)
    and FIND OUT what the rest of the world is doing.
    I repeat what I said before, that if you, and they do not do this,
    you will suffer the fate of the minicomputer
    programmers and become isolated in a backward, obsolete
    and frozen niche.

    Yes Linux used to be a pain in the neck to learn,
    yes there were ALL KINDS of amateurish things in it
    but NOTHING is static in software (other than
    locally defined variables in C!!), as all of you
    should very well know, and PATIENCE is required
    to learn any new thing but more importantly
    the willingness to learn more of your craft
    and new ideas than what Muckrosoft WANTS YOU to learn
    and know.

    In life we ARE ALL IDIOTS...
    but some idiots are way smarter than others!!

    Citizen Jimserac

  12. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Jimserac writes:

    > On Jun 7, 10:28 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >> "Jimserac" wrote in message

    >> > Nonsense? Why don't you use google
    >> > and find out for yourself.

    >> You made the claim. Try proving it.
    >>
    >> > Here's just ONE link from HUNDREDS.
    >> >http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=774

    >> It's actually zero from zero. This has nothing at all to do with all of
    >> your search results being sent to Microsoft. It's an article about Windows
    >> update.
    >>
    >> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    > Just turn on your
    > zonealarm or packet monitor
    > and you'll see information packets being
    > sent to port 80 to address 207.46.248.249 (sa.windows.com)
    > whenever you search for a file or folder.
    >
    > Citizen Jimserac

    See if you can guess why.

  13. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    "William Poaster" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.05.26.22.20.24.21740@leafnode.amd64.eu...
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:53:54 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Sock puppet Linux wrote:

    >> No hostilities, anger, just FUD.
    >>
    >> Lamb Chops replied:
    >>
    >>> Well, if one is using an underdog solution what can you expect but fangs
    >>> and wild hairs up his or her behind? ;-)
    >>>
    >>> I had some kind of respect for the High Plains Thumper. He just turned
    >>> out to be a cross posting *clown* hollering the word troll on people and
    >>> going into MS NG(s) to do so -- very sad for him.

    >> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>

    >> Subject: 7.5 Sockpuppet
    >>
    >> A Sockpuppet is when a poster has several usenet identities, either just
    >> different names and email addresses from a single account. Alternatively
    >> several email identities with valid email addresses and email accounts.
    >>

    >> Was "Moshe Goldfarb", now "Moshe, Goldfarb." Example of:
    >>

    >> Subject: 7.6 Morphed Identity
    >>
    >> A morphed identity is when a poster has one usenet identity, which
    >> changes
    >> in detail, to outwit killfiles. For instance the name may remain the
    >> same
    >> and the email address change, or the name and/or email address may
    >> contain
    >> accented characters which are changed for different versions of the same
    >> letter.

    > I didn't see it, is that another puerile attempt of Flatfish morphing &
    > replying to itself?
    >
    > --
    > Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    > This message was sent from a
    > computer which is guaranteed
    > 100% free of the M$ Windoze............

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  14. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Jim Fesso wrote:

    > First off, could you or someone PLEASE show the idiot who asked me to
    > "prove" that Windows Media Player is sending information back to
    > Muckrosoft how to set up zone alarm or whatever so he can find out for
    > himself.

    No cafone, it doesn't work like that. Post the proof of your claim or
    **** off.

  15. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:53:54 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Sock puppet Linux wrote:

    >> No hostilities, anger, just FUD.
    >>
    >> Lamb Chops replied:
    >>
    >>> Well, if one is using an underdog solution what can you expect but fangs
    >>> and wild hairs up his or her behind? ;-)
    >>>
    >>> I had some kind of respect for the High Plains Thumper. He just turned
    >>> out to be a cross posting *clown* hollering the word troll on people and
    >>> going into MS NG(s) to do so -- very sad for him.

    >> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>

    >> Subject: 7.5 Sockpuppet
    >>
    >> A Sockpuppet is when a poster has several usenet identities, either just
    >> different names and email addresses from a single account. Alternatively
    >> several email identities with valid email addresses and email accounts.
    >>

    >> Was "Moshe Goldfarb", now "Moshe, Goldfarb." Example of:
    >>

    >> Subject: 7.6 Morphed Identity
    >>
    >> A morphed identity is when a poster has one usenet identity, which changes
    >> in detail, to outwit killfiles. For instance the name may remain the same
    >> and the email address change, or the name and/or email address may contain
    >> accented characters which are changed for different versions of the same
    >> letter.

    > I didn't see it, is that another puerile attempt of Flatfish morphing &
    > replying to itself?

    Gary used to have long conversations with himself a few years back.
    Talk about lonely...

  16. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:18:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:

    >>> No hostilities, anger, just FUD.
    >>>
    >>> Lamb Chops replied:

    >>> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>>

    >>> Subject: 7.5 Sockpuppet
    >>>
    >>> A Sockpuppet is when a poster has several usenet identities, either just
    >>> different names and email addresses from a single account. Alternatively
    >>> several email identities with valid email addresses and email accounts.
    >>>

    >>> Was "Moshe Goldfarb", now "Moshe, Goldfarb." Example of:
    >>>

    >>> Subject: 7.6 Morphed Identity
    >>>
    >>> A morphed identity is when a poster has one usenet identity, which changes
    >>> in detail, to outwit killfiles. For instance the name may remain the same
    >>> and the email address change, or the name and/or email address may contain
    >>> accented characters which are changed for different versions of the same
    >>> letter.

    >> I didn't see it, is that another puerile attempt of Flatfish morphing &
    >> replying to itself?
    >>

    > Gary used to have long conversations with himself a few years back.
    > Talk about lonely...

    Probably sends Valentine cards to his right hand as well.

    --
    "The tosser"

  17. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:18:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> I didn't see it, is that another puerile attempt of Flatfish morphing &
    >>> replying to itself?
    >>>

    >> Gary used to have long conversations with himself a few years back.
    >> Talk about lonely...

    > Probably sends Valentine cards to his right hand as well.

    Snarggh! :-))

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5