[NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading - Linux

This is a discussion on [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly: > [quote] > May 15, 2008 > > Red Hat announced that announced that a European branch of the the > New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has implemented its ...

  1. Re: [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading

    Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:

    > [quote]
    > May 15, 2008
    >
    > Red Hat announced that announced that a European branch of the the
    > New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has implemented its Red Hat Enterprise
    > Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat Network. NYSE Euronext is using RHEL for key
    > components of its "mission-critical," high-speed financial trading
    > environments, Red Hat said.

    This is doubly bad news for the Trolls. Once they dump their ultimately
    worthless "MSFT" stock in the garbage-can, not only will they be giving
    up financial support of their beloved M$, but their stockbroker will be
    using Linux to do it.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    05:24:58 up 158 days, 2:00, 6 users, load average: 1.02, 1.47, 1.38

  2. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  3. Re: [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Linux fails, cola regs change thread titles and nymshift

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Jimserac wrote:
    > "DFS" wrote:
    >
    > The only thing frozen is the thinking processes, if any, in
    > your head.
    >
    > Say... you don't have connection with the Muckrosoft
    > Corporation do you?
    >
    > I've been using Debian UNSTABLE for over a year now. Unlike
    > my former Windows XP, the Linux desktop icons have NEVER
    > rearranged themselves and also, unlike my former XP system,
    > when I want to delete a file and I'm the administrator it
    > never ever tells me "permission denied".
    >
    > I've never had a crash and this is the most wonderful stable
    > and most powerful operating system I've ever used.

    DFS is a long term wintroll in this newsgroup. Similar to your
    experiences, I have been using Debian for the past 2-1/2 years
    and Ubuntu, based on Debian for the past 2 years. There have
    been no rearranging Linux desktop icons unless I have done the
    arranging. When I delete a file, it deletes, unlike XP, which
    totally quits when *one* exception occurs, like a file in use.

    There have been no random crashes.

    He is so full of gob****e that I seriously doubt anyone pays any
    real attention to him. His whole purpose is to disrupt this
    newsgroup and to promote his precious Microsoft Windows operating
    system, to the verbal denegration of Linux.

    --
    HPT

  6. Re: [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading

    Homer wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> [quote] May 15, 2008
    >>
    >> Red Hat announced that announced that a European branch of
    >> the the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has implemented its
    >> Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat Network. NYSE
    >> Euronext is using RHEL for key components of its
    >> "mission-critical," high-speed financial trading
    >> environments, Red Hat said.

    > This is doubly bad news for the Trolls. Once they dump their
    > ultimately worthless "MSFT" stock in the garbage-can, not only
    > will they be giving up financial support of their beloved M$,
    > but their stockbroker will be using Linux to do it.

    Oh, let me guess, in their posturing from ISP using Linux
    servers, served through Linux routers, switches, watching news
    graphics animations created and edited by Linux graphics software
    on a Linux professional desktop, watched from a high definition
    TV managed by Linux, speaking on their cell phone stabilised by
    Linux, recharged from a power company who uses Linux to monitor
    and maintain the entire region's power grid.

    Holding on to their dear MSFT stock holdings when the corporate
    leaders are dumping it for other more profitable trading ones.

    It is worthy of a good bottle o' pop and tub o' popcorn.
    Wintroll squirming antics on this newsgroup are a sight to
    beholden (in a properly establish kill file.)

    --
    HPT

  7. Re: With Linux you can get uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 23:58:26 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Jimserac wrote:

    (snip)

    > Let me tell you what has never happened to me in Windows that happened
    > recently in Linux (StartCom 5): all the menu entries under a given
    > category just disappeared for no reason. I was using Gnome for a while,
    > then the next time I booted into a KDE session every entry in the System
    > group - all 30+ of them - was gone. Such a joke. What a waste of time
    > having to figure out where they went, and how to restore them - and I
    > did it. But nobody will ever know why it happened - it's just one of
    > those many slopware mysteries.

    So why do you use it if it is slopware? Why do you use an OS yu dispise
    so much?
    (snip)

    >> I've never had a crash

    > Going on a year now, eh? I've been running WinServer 2003 for four
    > years and it has never crashed (after I installed a dedicated video card
    > - it BSOD repeatedly when loading Half-Life2 levels w/ onboard video).

    You had to install a dedicated video card to keep from crashing? What a
    pile of slopware.

    >> and this is the most wonderful stable

    > Linux is stable - until you actually use it.

    Linux is stable. You're not.

    >> and most powerful operating system I've ever used.

    > Well, I can't deny it has potential. But what good's an operating
    > system without a world-class set of apps?

    And who gets to decide war world class apps are? You? Not likely.

    >> Citizen Jimserac

    > Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead is more like it.

    DFS: lying Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: With Linux you can get uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:31:52 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 23:58:26 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Jimserac wrote:

    > (snip)
    >>
    >> Let me tell you what has never happened to me in Windows that happened
    >> recently in Linux (StartCom 5): all the menu entries under a given
    >> category just disappeared for no reason. I was using Gnome for a while,
    >> then the next time I booted into a KDE session every entry in the System
    >> group - all 30+ of them - was gone. Such a joke. What a waste of time
    >> having to figure out where they went, and how to restore them - and I
    >> did it. But nobody will ever know why it happened - it's just one of
    >> those many slopware mysteries.

    > So why do you use it if it is slopware? Why do you use an OS yu dispise so
    > much?
    > (snip)
    >>
    >>> I've never had a crash

    >> Going on a year now, eh? I've been running WinServer 2003 for four
    >> years and it has never crashed (after I installed a dedicated video card
    >> - it BSOD repeatedly when loading Half-Life2 levels w/ onboard video).

    > You had to install a dedicated video card to keep from crashing? What a
    > pile of slopware.

    WHY the f#ck would a WinServer 2003 want a video card? It's a *server*!

    >>> and this is the most wonderful stable

    >> Linux is stable - until you actually use it.

    > Linux is stable. You're not.
    >

    >>> and most powerful operating system I've ever used.

    >> Well, I can't deny it has potential. But what good's an operating
    >> system without a world-class set of apps?

    > And who gets to decide war world class apps are? You? Not likely.
    >

    >>> Citizen Jimserac

    >> Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead is more like it.

    > DFS: lying Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead

    Winzealot too.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  9. Re: [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:25:46 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >
    >> [quote]
    >> May 15, 2008
    >>
    >> Red Hat announced that announced that a European branch of the the New
    >> York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has implemented its Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    >> (RHEL) and Red Hat Network. NYSE Euronext is using RHEL for key
    >> components of its "mission-critical," high-speed financial trading
    >> environments, Red Hat said.

    > This is doubly bad news for the Trolls. Once they dump their ultimately
    > worthless "MSFT" stock in the garbage-can, not only will they be giving up
    > financial support of their beloved M$, but their stockbroker will be using
    > Linux to do it.

    When you look at it, MS went public in 1986 and has long hoarded its cash--now
    $43.4 billion-- & they didn't issue their *first* dividend until Friday
    Mar. 07, 2003. Even then it was only 8 cents a share.

    Oh yes, MicroSoft, the company that cares about its shareholders....as long as
    you can wait 17 years for a meagre return on your investment

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  10. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On May 26, 11:58 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > Jimserac wrote:

    Here are some handy Muckrosoft
    windows "tips" for you:

    ctrl-alt-DELETE

    Boot to "Safe" (bwahahahah) mode

    Is your "Update" turned on?

    Meanwhile, please report back
    to us your experience
    in upgrading to "Vista".
    We'll want to hear how that
    new Vista file system works, too,
    you know, the one they haven't
    delivered yet.

    Have fun with Muckrosoft Office
    too - too bad its own OOXML
    won't work with it and they
    have to adapt the Open Document
    Format, you know, the one that
    was designed on LINUX!!!

    Citizen Jimserac
    There's a "Hi-Tech" Labor
    SHORTAGE (well at Mucrosoft
    there is, that's for sure) - Please support
    Bull Gates demand FOR UNLIMITED
    H1B VISAS. Export a job today!!!

  11. Re: With Linux you can get uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Rick wrote:

    > So why do you use it if it is slopware? Why do you use an OS yu
    > dispise so much?

    I don't use it. I install it and get a few chuckles at the inept manure
    filling the screen.

    > You had to install a dedicated video card to keep from crashing? What
    > a pile of slopware.

    Specifically, it would run Half-Life 2 just fine with no video card (P4,
    2.0ghz, 1gb RAM), but upon loading the next level it would blue screen.

    And (p)Rick, you really don't want to get into a discussion about Linux and
    video.

    > Linux is stable.

    Sez you. The forums tell a different story.

    > You're not.

    But we're not talking about me.

    > And who gets to decide war world class apps are? You? Not likely.

    Me, along with the rest of the world. Linux (cr)apps lost by a vote of 99
    to 1.

    >>> Citizen Jimserac

    >> Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead is more like it.

    > DFS: lying Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead

    Where's the lie?

    And why are you so bleepin' unoriginal, dullard? Every post of yours is an
    exercise in IKWIBWIL (I Know Windows Is But What Is Linux).

  12. Re: [NEWS] Hacker Pours Cold Water on Windows Server 2008 SecurityDesign

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  13. Re: [NEWS] Hacker Pours Cold Water on Windows Server 2008 SecurityDesign

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  14. Re: [NEWS] Linux wins big in financial trading

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  15. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  16. Re: Linux fails, cola regs change thread titles and nymshift

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: [NEWS] Linux freezes/reboots big-time in daily use

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  18. Re: Trolls Fail, Now Bring in Their Sock Puppets

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  19. Re: With Linux you can get uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:27:21 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> So why do you use it if it is slopware? Why do you use an OS yu dispise
    >> so much?

    > I don't use it. I install it and get a few chuckles at the inept manure
    > filling the screen.

    So, you have no experience using Linux. Thanks for admitting that.

    >> You had to install a dedicated video card to keep from crashing? What a
    >> pile of slopware.

    > Specifically, it would run Half-Life 2 just fine with no video card (P4,
    > 2.0ghz, 1gb RAM), but upon loading the next level it would blue screen.

    Specifcally, youhad to install a dedicated video card to keep from
    crashing.What a pile of slopware.

    > And (p)Rick, you really don't want to get into a discussion about Linux
    > and video.

    I have no idea who you are talking to.... unless you too stupid to
    correctly spell my name.

    >> Linux is stable.

    > Sez you. The forums tell a different story.

    NO, they tell the story of people that have problems. Using you logic,
    there are n stable operating systems.

    >> You're not.

    > But we're not talking about me.

    Don't care.

    >> And who gets to decide war world class apps are? You? Not likely.

    > Me, along with the rest of the world. Linux (cr)apps lost by a vote of
    > 99 to 1.

    You might want to tell that to the government agencies, companies and
    users that are adopting OSS.

    >>> Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead is more like it.

    >> DFS: lying Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead

    > Where's the lie?

    Every time you post.

    > And why are you so bleepin' unoriginal, dullard? Every post of yours is
    > an exercise in IKWIBWIL (I Know Windows Is But What Is Linux).

    Why are you such a dishonest schmuck?

    --
    Rick

  20. Re: With Linux you can get uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:27:21 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> So why do you use it if it is slopware? Why do you use an OS yu
    >>> dispise so much?

    >> I don't use it. I install it and get a few chuckles at the inept
    >> manure filling the screen.

    > So, you have no experience using Linux. Thanks for admitting that.

    I have some past experience using it.

    >>> You had to install a dedicated video card to keep from crashing?
    >>> What a pile of slopware.

    >> Specifically, it would run Half-Life 2 just fine with no video card
    >> (P4,
    >> 2.0ghz, 1gb RAM), but upon loading the next level it would blue
    >> screen.

    > Specifcally, youhad to install a dedicated video card to keep from
    > crashing.What a pile of slopware.

    You're entirely free and within your rights to say and believe what you want
    about Windows.

    >> And (p)Rick, you really don't want to get into a discussion about
    >> Linux and video.

    > I have no idea who you are talking to.... unless you too stupid to
    > correctly spell my name.

    Chickened out as usual. I've noticed you can't actually support your claims
    about Linux.

    >>> Linux is stable.

    >> Sez you. The forums tell a different story.

    > NO, they tell the story of people that have problems. Using you logic,
    > there are n stable operating systems.

    Linux is stable under very limited conditions, in a server room where it's
    serving up files or hosting a database. But start using it on a desktop
    with a variety of devices and drivers and apps and it quickly crumbles and
    shows its amateurish foundations.

    >>> You're not.

    >> But we're not talking about me.

    > Don't care.

    Why can't you stick to the script, (p)Rick?

    >>> And who gets to decide war world class apps are? You? Not likely.

    >> Me, along with the rest of the world. Linux (cr)apps lost by a vote
    >> of 99 to 1.

    > You might want to tell that to the government agencies, companies and
    > users that are adopting OSS.

    A very short list.

    >>> DFS: lying Brainwashed Cultist Pinhead

    >> Where's the lie?

    > Every time you post.

    So just a baseless accusation. What a good "advocate" you are (p)Rick.

    >> And why are you so bleepin' unoriginal, dullard? Every post of
    >> yours is an exercise in IKWIBWIL (I Know Windows Is But What Is
    >> Linux).

    > Why are you such a dishonest schmuck?

    I'll ask again: why are you so bleepin' unoriginal, dullard? You're second
    only to Dumb Willie Poaster for the most boring posts imaginable.