Google co-founder: Yahoo ad deal could work

,----[ Quote ]
| Page was also explicit about why Google opposes any deal between Microsoft
| and Yahoo, saying it would curb innovation in areas such as instant messaging
| and create a near-monopoly in communications.
| "If you put 90 percent of communications in one company, that's really a big
| risk, especially one (Microsoft) that has a history of doing bad stuff," Page
| told a forum held by the New America Foundation, a non-partisan think tank.

To be fair, who's Google to talk about such a monopoly with video and search?

While Microsoft and Yahoo Fiddle, Google Burns

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo (YHOO) and Microsoft (MSFT) don’t have much time to get their acts
| together if they harbor any hope of preventing Google (GOOG) from completely
| running away with the internet search business. The latest figures from
| comScore shows Google’s share of core internet search rose 1.8 percent last
| month to 61.6 percent. Yahoo’s share fell 0.9 percent to 20.4 percent while
| Microsoft’s was down 0.3 percent to 9.1 percent.

Microhoogle recap, May 23: Page gets political

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo! on Thursday postponed its July 3 annual meeting to late July in the
| face of an Icahn proxy fight to get Yahoo! back to the deal table with
| Microsoft. This second delay will allow it to figure out alternatives to a
| takeover.

Yahoo-Microsoft Battle Bolsters Google

,----[ Quote ]
| "We find this to be a very advantageous situation for Google," Cantor
| Fitzgerald analyst Derek Brown said Thursday. "The longer this gets dragged
| out, the better for Google." *

Google: Actively looking for ways to spoil Yahoo/Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has hired controversial investment banker Frank Quattrone, reports the
| New York Times DealBook blog . Or, more specifically, Google has contracted
| with Quattrone's firm the Qatalyst Group to provide consulting work. This,
| sources say, is a sign that Google has been actively involved in Yahoo's
| discussions with AOL about a potential merger between the two. * *

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)