Amarok amok! - Linux

This is a discussion on Amarok amok! - Linux ; http://polishlinux.org/kde/amarok-2-visual-changelog/ Amarok multimedia player is one of the best programs of its kind not only for Linux but for any operating system nowadays. It has been created as a KDE component. Most people hoped to have Amarok 2.0 included in ...

  1. Amarok amok!

    http://polishlinux.org/kde/amarok-2-visual-changelog/

    Amarok multimedia player is one of the best programs of its kind not
    only for Linux but for any operating system nowadays. It has been
    created as a KDE component. Most people hoped to have Amarok 2.0
    included in KDE 4.0, which hasn't happened. It's hard to
    predict if it finds its way into KDE 4.1 stable, but it's still
    worth taking a look at the current progress of this great multimedia
    player.

    It's not all good, I suppose:

    Amarok 2 like most of the KDE 4 apps uses vector graphics to render
    its interface. The use of SVG makes it easier to create themes.
    It's actually pretty hard to follow the interface changes since
    there's been a lot of them recently. Every time I launch a new
    version, Amarok looks different. For the time being however, Amarok
    looks like this: ...

    I still get by using xmms, meself. Or mplayer for audio that xmms
    doesn't support.

    --
    Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
    -- Bill Gates, Business @ The Speed of Thought (1999)

  2. Re: Amarok amok!

  3. Re: Amarok amok! When will the bugs be fixed. (was: Amarok amok!)

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:32:39 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > http://polishlinux.org/kde/amarok-2-visual-c

    Amarok is junk.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Amarok amok! When will the bugs be fixed. (was: Amarok amok!)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: Amarok amok!

    > I use AmaroK at home and xmms at work. Less is more sometimes. There's not so
    > much you can improve and enrich when it comes to the only thing that matters
    > at the end: output (sound).

    Indeed. Sometimes all you needs is the command line (mpg123 & ogg123).

    The nice thing about mplayer from the command line is the descriptive
    output you get.

    --
    I'm sorry that we have to have a Washington presence. We thrived during our
    first 16 years without any of this. I never made a political visit to

  6. Re: Amarok amok! When will the bugs be fixed. (was: Amarok amok!)

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:57:17 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:32:39 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> http://polishlinux.org/kde/amarok-2-visual-c

    > Amarok is junk.

    Goldfarb is an idiot.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Amarok amok!

  8. Re: Amarok amok!

    On 2008-05-26, Linonut wrote:

    >> I use AmaroK at home and xmms at work. Less is more sometimes. There's not so
    >> much you can improve and enrich when it comes to the only thing that matters
    >> at the end: output (sound).

    > Indeed. Sometimes all you needs is the command line (mpg123 & ogg123).
    >
    > The nice thing about mplayer from the command line is the descriptive
    > output you get.

    For something simple and to the point in the GUI I have always
    liked gqmpeg. It is a shell for mpg123. With a good desktop shell,
    most of what you would use the other bloated tools for is already
    handled.

    --

    Some people have this nutty idea that in 1997 |||
    reading to a hard disk and writing to a hard disk / | \