Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care......... - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care......... - Linux ; Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Moshe. Goldfarb wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Corporation: > > h Simply untrue lies printed by micoshaft fraudsters on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation marketing department. There are 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

  1. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Moshe. Goldfarb wrote on behalf of Half
    Wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    Simply untrue lies printed by micoshaft fraudsters
    on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation marketing department.

    There are 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.
    There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.
    Thats a lot of people who care.

    What about WINDUMMIES?

    WINDUMMIES CAN now get the sack for using micoshaft products!

    Anyone caught using IE and other strange software to browse
    or log into online services to download viruses, trojans, malware,
    crapware, spyware, botnetware are all sackable.
    It s in many companys' terms and conditions of employment.

    Easy solution: Change everyone over to Firefox and Linux.
    Being in charge ahead of disruptions and grabbing the bull by
    the horn is essential part of running a business.

    WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses, trojans, spyware,
    botnetware and malware are released per day than all the Micoshaft, its
    partners, and**anti-virus*companies*and*their*engineers*can*release*fi xes.

    The micoshaft platform is un-repairable.
    You can and SHOULD get sacked for installing Micoshaft products in secure
    internet facing, banking and government applications.

    Time to move everything over to Linux to protect company assets, banks
    and government assets.

    ATILLA THE HUN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SAYS:

    IT management with strong stomach should experiment with deleting
    veteran WINDUMMY PCs and watch the fallout.
    Laugh as your enemies cringe, genuflect and shrieek about you.
    Move everything to Linux.
    Deploy standby developers to port applications and write applets.
    Take notes and re-apply experiences to next person on the list.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  2. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:29:52 -0400, 7 wrote:
    > There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.

    No way. Source?

  3. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:00:24 -0400, Tim Murray wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:29:52 -0400, 7 wrote:
    >> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.

    > No way. Source?

    Source?
    Open.

    Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:00:24 -0400, Tim Murray wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:29:52 -0400, 7 wrote:
    >> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.

    > No way. Source?

    Most people realize that 7 (aka mjcr) is brain dead.
    He is pretty much ignored although you will rarely if ever see a Linux
    advocate correcting his idiotic figures for Linux.

    Gotta seed Google with false information about Linux you know.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    Tim Murray wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:29:52 -0400, 7 wrote:
    >> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.

    > No way. Source?

    You are out of date!

    Google is your friend.

    Go count all the press releases over the last few months.

    There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

  7. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    7 wrote:
    > Tim Murray wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:29:52 -0400, 7 wrote:
    >>> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.

    >> No way. Source?

    > You are out of date!
    >
    > Google is your friend.
    >
    > Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >
    > There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    Roy Schestowitz: "90% of IT professionals reject Vista"
    7: "Linux selling 1 million+ desktops per month and increasing."
    7: "Linux shipping 3 million embedded devices PER DAY and increasing."
    Linuxiac: "Linux is 50x faster than Windows"
    [H]omer: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows.
    Rex Ballard: "Linux has the potential to double the world's global output
    every 2 years for 10 years."
    Richard Rasker: "Vista does indeed require between 10 and 20 times the
    amount of system resources Linux needs for equal performance."
    Greg Shearman: "Linux is as good as possible."

    Yep, it's the Hall of Idiots.

  8. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Moshe. Goldfarb wrote on behalf of Half
    > Wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Simply untrue lies printed by micoshaft fraudsters
    > on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation marketing department.
    >
    > There are 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.
    > There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.
    > Thats a lot of people who care.
    >
    > What about WINDUMMIES?
    >
    > WINDUMMIES CAN now get the sack for using micoshaft products!
    >
    > Anyone caught using IE and other strange software to browse
    > or log into online services to download viruses, trojans, malware,
    > crapware, spyware, botnetware are all sackable.
    > It s in many companys' terms and conditions of employment.
    >
    > Easy solution: Change everyone over to Firefox and Linux.
    > Being in charge ahead of disruptions and grabbing the bull by
    > the horn is essential part of running a business.
    >
    > WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses, trojans, spyware,
    > botnetware and malware are released per day than all the Micoshaft, its
    > partners, and anti-virus companies and their engineers can release fixes.
    >
    > The micoshaft platform is un-repairable.
    > You can and SHOULD get sacked for installing Micoshaft products in secure
    > internet facing, banking and government applications.
    >
    > Time to move everything over to Linux to protect company assets, banks
    > and government assets.
    >
    > ATILLA THE HUN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SAYS:
    >
    > IT management with strong stomach should experiment with deleting
    > veteran WINDUMMY PCs and watch the fallout.
    > Laugh as your enemies cringe, genuflect and shrieek about you.
    > Move everything to Linux.
    > Deploy standby developers to port applications and write applets.
    > Take notes and re-apply experiences to next person on the list.
    >

    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    You're on drugs or drunk or both, right?
    Frank

  9. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:20:01 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Moshe. Goldfarb wrote on behalf of Half
    >> Wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    >> Simply untrue lies printed by micoshaft fraudsters
    >> on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation marketing department.
    >>
    >> There are 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.
    >> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.
    >> Thats a lot of people who care.
    >>
    >> What about WINDUMMIES?
    >>
    >> WINDUMMIES CAN now get the sack for using micoshaft products!
    >>
    >> Anyone caught using IE and other strange software to browse
    >> or log into online services to download viruses, trojans, malware,
    >> crapware, spyware, botnetware are all sackable.
    >> It s in many companys' terms and conditions of employment.
    >>
    >> Easy solution: Change everyone over to Firefox and Linux.
    >> Being in charge ahead of disruptions and grabbing the bull by
    >> the horn is essential part of running a business.
    >>
    >> WINDUMMY OSen is now unrepairable. More viruses, trojans, spyware,
    >> botnetware and malware are released per day than all the Micoshaft, its
    >> partners, and anti-virus companies and their engineers can release fixes.
    >>
    >> The micoshaft platform is un-repairable.
    >> You can and SHOULD get sacked for installing Micoshaft products in secure
    >> internet facing, banking and government applications.
    >>
    >> Time to move everything over to Linux to protect company assets, banks
    >> and government assets.
    >>
    >> ATILLA THE HUN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SAYS:
    >>
    >> IT management with strong stomach should experiment with deleting
    >> veteran WINDUMMY PCs and watch the fallout.
    >> Laugh as your enemies cringe, genuflect and shrieek about you.
    >> Move everything to Linux.
    >> Deploy standby developers to port applications and write applets.
    >> Take notes and re-apply experiences to next person on the list.
    >>

    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com

    > You're on drugs or drunk or both, right?
    > Frank

    7 aka mjcr, is brain damaged.
    Most people consider him mentally retarded.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:18:23 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Tim Murray wrote:

    >>> No way. Source?

    >> You are out of date!
    >>
    >> Google is your friend.
    >>
    >> Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >>
    >> There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    > Roy Schestowitz: "90% of IT professionals reject Vista"
    > 7: "Linux selling 1 million+ desktops per month and increasing."
    > 7: "Linux shipping 3 million embedded devices PER DAY and increasing."
    > Linuxiac: "Linux is 50x faster than Windows"
    > [H]omer: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows.
    > Rex Ballard: "Linux has the potential to double the world's global output
    > every 2 years for 10 years."
    > Richard Rasker: "Vista does indeed require between 10 and 20 times the
    > amount of system resources Linux needs for equal performance."
    > Greg Shearman: "Linux is as good as possible."
    >

    > Yep, it's the Hall of Idiots.

    It really does paint a picture of lunacy when you see it all in one place.

    I'm convinced, many of the people in COLA, the Linux loons, are truly
    retarded.

    If they posted that kind of crap in a legitimate group, they would be
    laughed out of the place.

    --

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:18:23 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:

    >>> You are out of date!
    >>>
    >>> Google is your friend.
    >>>
    >>> Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >>>
    >>> There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    >> Roy Schestowitz: "90% of IT professionals reject Vista"
    >> 7: "Linux selling 1 million+ desktops per month and increasing."
    >> 7: "Linux shipping 3 million embedded devices PER DAY and
    >> increasing." Linuxiac: "Linux is 50x faster than Windows"
    >> [H]omer: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows.
    >> Rex Ballard: "Linux has the potential to double the world's global
    >> output every 2 years for 10 years."
    >> Richard Rasker: "Vista does indeed require between 10 and 20 times
    >> the amount of system resources Linux needs for equal performance."
    >> Greg Shearman: "Linux is as good as possible."
    >>

    >> Yep, it's the Hall of Idiots.

    > It really does paint a picture of lunacy when you see it all in one
    > place.
    >
    > I'm convinced, many of the people in COLA, the Linux loons, are truly
    > retarded.
    >
    > If they posted that kind of crap in a legitimate group, they would be
    > laughed out of the place.

    Wormy "advocates" are kind of slimy, so they would need to be hosed off the
    floor first.

    But seriously... if any commercial firm released the quality of apps and
    games you get with Ubuntu or PCLinuxOS, they would die a quick, bankrupt
    death.

  12. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:31:11 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Roy Schestowitz: "90% of IT professionals reject Vista"
    >>> 7: "Linux selling 1 million+ desktops per month and increasing."
    >>> 7: "Linux shipping 3 million embedded devices PER DAY and
    >>> increasing." Linuxiac: "Linux is 50x faster than Windows"
    >>> [H]omer: "Half of Europe has just dumped Windows.
    >>> Rex Ballard: "Linux has the potential to double the world's global
    >>> output every 2 years for 10 years."
    >>> Richard Rasker: "Vista does indeed require between 10 and 20 times
    >>> the amount of system resources Linux needs for equal performance."
    >>> Greg Shearman: "Linux is as good as possible."
    >>>

    >>> Yep, it's the Hall of Idiots.

    >> It really does paint a picture of lunacy when you see it all in one
    >> place.
    >>
    >> I'm convinced, many of the people in COLA, the Linux loons, are truly
    >> retarded.
    >>
    >> If they posted that kind of crap in a legitimate group, they would be
    >> laughed out of the place.

    > Wormy "advocates" are kind of slimy, so they would need to be hosed off the
    > floor first.
    >
    > But seriously... if any commercial firm released the quality of apps and
    > games you get with Ubuntu or PCLinuxOS, they would die a quick, bankrupt
    > death.

    And you can add hardware to that list.

    Imagine if Nvidia released a new card and despite claims of all kinds of
    features included with this card the user finds out when he installs the
    card that none of the advanced features work.

    The Linux loons put up with this kind of stuff every day of the week.

    If this same thing happened under Windows, Nvidia would be out of business.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  14. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  15. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  16. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    "7" wrote in message
    news:l5C_j.9705$DZ6.4072@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    > Tim Murray wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 May 2008 08:29:52 -0400, 7 wrote:
    >>> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.

    >> No way. Source?

    > You are out of date!
    >
    > Google is your friend.
    >
    > Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >
    > There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    You should back up your claim. It would be great if Linux were growing
    that fast. Where did you get that data please?

    John

  17. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    John Slade wrote:
    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:l5C_j.9705$DZ6.4072@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    >> Tim Murray wrote:

    >>> No way. Source?

    >> You are out of date!
    >>
    >> Google is your friend.
    >>
    >> Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >>
    >> There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    > You should back up your claim. It would be great if Linux were growing
    > that fast. Where did you get that data please?

    http://www.geek.com/splashtop-linux-...oard/index.php

    "We first heard about Splashtop back in October, when the instant-on
    Linux desktop was announced. At the time it was a really exciting
    concept–and it still is–but Asus only rolled out the technology on
    high-end motherboards like the P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP. So if you wanted to
    drop $300 on a motherboard you could get Express Gate (Asus-branded
    Splashtop), but everyone else was left out in the cold. Despite lots of
    initial interest, we have not heard a lot about Splashtop since then."

    "DeviceVM, the makers of Splashtop, just made a big announcement though.
    Their technology will no longer be restricted to the top-shelf
    motherboards and will see a much wider release. At first it will be
    featured on Asus’ P5Q (high-efficiency design, Intel P45 chipset) family
    of motherboards, starting with the P5Q Deluxe, P5Q-WS, P5Q3 Deluxe, and
    P5Q-E. Later Splashtop will be featured on all the company’s
    motherboards, over a million units a month."

    "Branded "Express Gate" by ASUS, Splashtop enables users to access the
    Internet seconds after turning on their PC. Splashtop premiered on
    high-end ASUS motherboards in October 2007 and launched on mainstream M3
    series in January 2008. The newest motherboards will be available in the
    second quarter of 2008."

    Gate across our entire motherboard product portfolio, starting with over
    one million motherboards per month," says Joe Hsieh, General Manager,
    ASUS Motherboard Business Unit. "Consumers want to turn their PCs on and
    off like any other appliance, and Express Gate has made that possible."

    http://www.embedded.com/columns/guest/207602734

    "Sony recently announced that one of its BRAVIA LCD TV factories will
    double production from 2 million TV sets per year to 4 million to meet
    growing demand in Europe. Sony has sold more than 20 million of these
    TVs, and they're all built with embedded Linux. "

    "Remember that Gandhi quote? Nobody ignores embedded Linux now. Nobody
    laughs at it. Some companies still fight it by claiming that Linux is
    flawed or isn't worth dealing with, but embedded Linux continues to win."

    "Analyst firms don't agree on how many device engineers use embedded
    Linux, but they all say the number is substantial: 21% of developers use
    embedded Linux, according to last year's Embedded Systems Design survey;
    36.7%, according to current research by Embedded Market Forecasters.
    This April, VDC reported that Linux is now the leading embedded OS. It
    shouldn't be surprising. After all, commercial Linux vendors succeed
    because they understand what design engineers are looking for. "

    http://ciel.sbm.itb.ac.id/index.php?...=125&Itemid=72

    "Linux-related services deliver more than $1 billion in annual revenue
    to both IBM and HP. Oracle strongly promotes and likewise derives
    revenue from the Linux platform, with the so-called "unbreakable Linux"
    guarantee. In an attempt to catch the Linux wave, companies such as
    Computer Associates and Peoplesoft are porting their applications to
    Linux on ambitious timeframes. "

    http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/...-growth_1.html

    "Linux showing signs of solid growth
    IDC study shows workloads running on Linux servers are shifting to
    become more business oriented, including databases and line-of-business
    apps "

    "The IDC paper found that total Linux spending -- including customer
    acquisitions of hardware, software, and related services -- totaled $21
    billion in 2007 and is expected to grow past $50 billion in 2011. "

    http://gigaom.com/2007/11/05/limo-2/

    ABI Research predicts that Mobile Linux will be the fastest growing
    smartphone OS over the next five years and that Linux-based smartphones
    will account for about 31 percent of such devices by 2012. Smartphone
    shipments during this period are expected to total 331 million,
    according to the market research firm. The impetus for such rosy
    forecasts for Mobile Linux comes from the carriers, who are looking to
    standardize on three platforms: Symbian, Windows Mobile and Mobile Linux.

  18. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 20:57:51 -0700, John Slade wrote:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:l5C_j.9705$DZ6.4072@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    >> Tim Murray wrote:

    >>> No way. Source?

    >> You are out of date!
    >>
    >> Google is your friend.
    >>
    >> Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >>
    >> There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    > You should back up your claim. It would be great if Linux were growing
    > that fast. Where did you get that data please?
    >
    > John

    The same place most of the Linux advocates in COLA get their data......
    They make it up!

    See "Roy Schestowitz" for details.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On 2008-05-27, John Slade wrote:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:l5C_j.9705$DZ6.4072@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    >> Tim Murray wrote:

    >>> No way. Source?

    >> You are out of date!
    >>
    >> Google is your friend.
    >>
    >> Go count all the press releases over the last few months.
    >>
    >> There are also 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.

    > You should back up your claim. It would be great if Linux were growing
    > that fast. Where did you get that data please?

    It's hard to say. Linux is in a lot of places from phones, to routers,
    to TV's, to STBs, to mp3 players. It's probably in a lot of places where
    it's completely invisible.

    A lot of people use Linux without realizing it.

    --

    Some people have this nutty idea that in 1997 |||
    reading to a hard disk and writing to a hard disk / | \

  20. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    On 2008-05-27, John Slade wrote:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:43y_j.9559$DZ6.446@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    >> Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Moshe. Goldfarb wrote on behalf of
    >> Half
    >> Wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    >> Simply untrue lies printed by micoshaft fraudsters
    >> on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation marketing department.
    >>
    >> There are 3 million embedded Linux gadgets sold PER DAY.
    >> There are 1 million new Linux desktops installed PER WEEK.
    >> Thats a lot of people who care.
    >>
    >> What about WINDUMMIES?
    >>
    >> WINDUMMIES CAN now get the sack for using micoshaft products!
    >>
    >> Anyone caught using IE and other strange software to browse
    >> or log into online services to download viruses, trojans, malware,
    >> crapware, spyware, botnetware are all sackable.
    >> It s in many companys' terms and conditions of employment.
    >>

    > This is just plain silly. There is a ton of great software for Windows

    Like what?

    Tell me why I might want to DUMP my Linux machne so I can run all
    those "great Windows apps"?

    [deletia]

    ...also, one big problem with Windows is the herd mentality there
    which greatly undermines the idea of exploiting a diverse ecosystem of
    independently created software.