"IT JUST WONT WORK" - Linux

This is a discussion on "IT JUST WONT WORK" - Linux ; "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed AWN and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I tried going to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont ...

  1. "IT JUST WONT WORK"

    "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed AWN
    and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I tried going
    to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont work. Please HELP!!

    Heres what i've tried:
    Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu.
    ADDING a launcer from directly the AWN manager.

    ALL FAILED

    IT JUST WONT WORK"

  2. Re: "IT JUST WONT WORK"

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:12:29 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed AWN
    > and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I tried going
    > to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont work. Please HELP!!
    >
    > Heres what i've tried:
    > Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu.
    > ADDING a launcer from directly the AWN manager.
    >
    > ALL FAILED
    >
    > IT JUST WONT WORK"

    Poor sap.

    Nobody clued him in that Linux doesn't WAD.
    Oh Linux *is* a *WAD* alright, it just doesn't *WAD*.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: "IT JUST WONT WORK"

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:12:29 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed
    > AWN and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I
    > tried going to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont
    > work. Please HELP!!
    >
    > Heres what i've tried:
    > Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu. ADDING a launcer
    > from directly the AWN manager.
    >
    > ALL FAILED
    >
    > IT JUST WONT WORK"

    "Hi and welcome, I just installed hardy today and awn and all works. I
    can drag them and create them via launchers. How did you install AWN and
    have you tried to remove and install again?"

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Why do you use a wad?

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:22:24 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:12:29 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed
    >> AWN and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I
    >> tried going to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont
    >> work. Please HELP!!
    >>
    >> Heres what i've tried:
    >> Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu. ADDING a launcer
    >> from directly the AWN manager.
    >>
    >> ALL FAILED
    >>
    >> IT JUST WONT WORK"

    > Poor sap.
    >
    > Nobody clued him in that Linux doesn't WAD. Oh Linux *is* a *WAD*
    > alright, it just doesn't *WAD*.

    So, why do you use a wad?

    --
    Rick

  5. Google search "windows it just won't work"

    DFS wrote:

    > "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed
    > AWN and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I tried
    > going to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont work.
    > Please HELP!!
    >
    > Heres what i've tried:
    > Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu.
    > ADDING a launcer from directly the AWN manager.
    >
    > ALL FAILED
    >
    > IT JUST WONT WORK"

    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,160,000 for windows it just won't work. (0.25
    seconds)

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  6. Re: "IT JUST WONT WORK"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  7. "IT JUST WON'T WORK"

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just
    >> installed AWN and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and
    >> dropping. I tried going to the prefences menu and adding a launcher.
    >> but it wont work. Please HELP!!
    >>
    >> Heres what i've tried:
    >> Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu.
    >> ADDING a launcer from directly the AWN manager.
    >>
    >> ALL FAILED
    >>
    >> IT JUST WONT WORK"

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 1,160,000 for windows it just won't work.
    > (0.25 seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 558,000 for Linux it just won't work

    And with an installed base of less than 1/100th of Windows', this anecdotal
    evidence suggests Linux just won't work at least 50x more often than Windows
    just won't work. It's clear which is the
    crashing/freezing/hanging/locking/time wasting/update-breaking/crapware
    nightmare.

  8. Re: "IT JUST WON'T WORK"

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 12:30:51 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Jerry McBride wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just
    >>> installed AWN and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and
    >>> dropping. I tried going to the prefences menu and adding a launcher.
    >>> but it wont work. Please HELP!!
    >>>
    >>> Heres what i've tried:
    >>> Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu.
    >>> ADDING a launcer from directly the AWN manager.
    >>>
    >>> ALL FAILED
    >>>
    >>> IT JUST WONT WORK"
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=802609

    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 1,160,000 for windows it just won't work.
    >> (0.25 seconds)

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 558,000 for Linux it just won't work
    >
    > And with an installed base of less than 1/100th of Windows', this anecdotal
    > evidence suggests Linux just won't work at least 50x more often than Windows
    > just won't work. It's clear which is the
    > crashing/freezing/hanging/locking/time wasting/update-breaking/crapware
    > nightmare.

    Jerry doesn't seem to be too bright a bulb.
    He gets spanked down each and every time he attempts to make a point.

    It must be tough being a Linux advocate these days.
    Heck when Microsoft can release an operating system with all the problems
    Vista seems to have and STILL it surpasses free Linux within a matter of
    months, something is seriously wrong with Linux.

    Of course the Linux loons will never admit it.
    They will continue to churn out one brain dead distribution after another.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: "IT JUST WON'T WORK"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: "IT JUST WONT WORK"

    On 2008-05-26, DFS wrote:
    > "Ok heres the deal, i'm running Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. Now I just installed AWN
    > and i cant add launchers to it. I tried dragging and dropping. I tried going
    > to the prefences menu and adding a launcher. but it wont work. Please HELP!!
    >
    > Heres what i've tried:
    > Draging and dropping from both Desktop[ and Apps menu.
    > ADDING a launcer from directly the AWN manager.
    >
    > ALL FAILED
    >
    > IT JUST WONT WORK"

    "Hi and welcome, I just installed hardy today and awn and all works. I can drag them and create them via launchers."

    --

    The average IT manager is a less effective mentor than a
    Spongebob Squarepants cartoon.