Another victim of crapware - Linux

This is a discussion on Another victim of crapware - Linux ; "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop, another instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for example, my system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I ...

  1. Another victim of crapware

    "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop, another
    instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for example, my
    system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
    to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power button on my laptop and
    manually reboot in order to stop this problem."

    Linux just works!

  2. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:01:38 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop, another
    > instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for example, my
    > system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo
    > Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power button
    > on my laptop and manually reboot in order to stop this problem."

    > Linux just works!

    Yes, for the most part, it does...
    And if you were a reasonably honest person, you would see that.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 07:58:31 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:01:38 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop, another
    >> instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for example, my
    >> system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo
    >> Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power button
    >> on my laptop and manually reboot in order to stop this problem."

    >> Linux just works!

    > Yes, for the most part, it does...

    Is that like being pregnant, for the most part?

    > And if you were a reasonably honest person, you would see that.

    He is honest and so are the people who are having all these problems with
    Linux.
    The dishonest people are the Linux loons in COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Another victim of crapware

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:44:38 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 07:58:31 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:01:38 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop,
    >>> another instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for
    >>> example, my system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo
    >>> Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power button
    >>> on my laptop and manually reboot in order to stop this problem."
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=799756
    >>>

    >>> Linux just works!

    >> Yes, for the most part, it does...

    > Is that like being pregnant, for the most part?

    No, dumbass.

    >> And if you were a reasonably honest person, you would see that.

    > He is honest and so are the people who are having all these problems
    > with Linux.

    Well, the people having problems are probably honest.

    > The dishonest people are the Linux loons in COLA.

    ... you mean you...

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 07:58:31 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:01:38 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop, another
    >> instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for example, my
    >> system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo
    >> Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power button
    >> on my laptop and manually reboot in order to stop this problem."

    >> Linux just works!

    > Yes, for the most part, it does...
    > And if you were a reasonably honest person, you would see that.

    But Doofu$ isn't, he's a wintroll with huge chip on his shoulder.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  7. Re: Another victim of crapware

    William Poaster wrote:

    > But Doofu$ isn't, he's a wintroll with huge chip on his shoulder.

    Yeah, what happened to him? Did a penguin frighten him when he was a kid, or
    what?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  8. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 12:40:11 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> But Doofu$ isn't, he's a wintroll with huge chip on his shoulder.

    > Yeah, what happened to him? Did a penguin frighten him when he was a kid,
    > or what?

    As Linux expands, his world is shrinking & he's too stupid to do anything
    else but troll.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  9. Re: Another victim of crapware

    William Poaster wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 12:40:11 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> But Doofu$ isn't, he's a wintroll with huge chip on his shoulder.

    >> Yeah, what happened to him? Did a penguin frighten him when he was a
    >> kid, or what?

    > As Linux expands, his world is shrinking & he's too stupid to do
    > anything else but troll.

    You're too frightened and dishonest to even examine your own silly claims:

    Facts:

    * Linux is not worth mentioning on the desktop (the only 'world' that
    matters to us here on cola)

    * Windows has approx. 90% worldwide desktop installed share.

    * Virtually 100% of corporate desktops are Windows (also my 'world'), and
    they aren't going anywhere.

    * like most Linux "advocates" you hold onto and spew a non-existent fantasy
    that Linux is taking over and MS is dying. It's just ridiculous.

  10. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On May 26, 8:58 pm, Rick wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:01:38 -0400, DFS wrote:
    > > "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop, another
    > > instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for example, my
    > > system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo
    > > Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power button
    > > on my laptop and manually reboot in order to stop this problem."

    > >http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=799756

    > > Linux just works!

    > Yes, for the most part, it does...
    > And if you were a reasonably honest person, you would see that.

    If you were a reasonably honest person, you would see linux really,
    really sucks.

  11. Re: Another victim of crapware

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 20:37:31 -0700, AqD wrote:

    > On May 26, 8:58 pm, Rick wrote:
    >> On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:01:38 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >> > "When I try to drag and drop files from Nautilus to the desktop,
    >> > another instance of Nautilus, or another program such as Amarok for
    >> > example, my system completely crashes. I can't even use the key-combo
    >> > Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to shutdown X. I have to hold down the power
    >> > button on my laptop and manually reboot in order to stop this
    >> > problem."

    >> >http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=799756

    >> > Linux just works!

    >> Yes, for the most part, it does...
    >> And if you were a reasonably honest person, you would see that.

    > If you were a reasonably honest person, you would see linux really,
    > really sucks.

    No, he wouldn't. If he were a reasonably honest person, he'd see exactly
    what he does see: that Linux is a good, useful and viable platform, just
    not a perfect platform - but then, no platform is perfect.

    The same can to an extent be said for Windows; if it were completely
    unusable, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. Objectively comparing the
    two, however, shows Windows has some serious flaws in its designs, ones
    which apparently cannot be corrected (at least one has existed since
    Windows 3.0, if not earlier) while Linux, whatever shortcomings it may
    have, does not appear to have such apparently irreparable flaws.

    Or, more simply, each has its good points and bad, but only one seems to
    have any apparent hope of fixing its bad points.

+ Reply to Thread