TinyMe instilled new life to my HP Deskpro, Thanks to PCLinuxOS Team

,----[ Quote ]
| This is fast stable version of TinyMe, a PCLinuxOS-based mini-distribution
| designed with approx. 200 MB that packs kernel 2.6.18.8, xorg-server 1.3 and
| a good selection of applications that you most frequently use in your daily
| computing. Besides, if you want more Synaptic is just a click away. The most
| pleasant experience I got from TinyMe is that it has a nice desktop
| environment. No other distribution can be as beautiful and responsive as
| TinyMe on Openbox and iDesk. I could not find any problem with the
| applications. Even I did some installation/uninstallation of application and
| some minor manual configuration, still it was felt rock solid. It is fast,
| sleek and beautiful! Need I say any more?
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/20...-to-my-hp.html

$200 computers

,----[ Quote ]
| The KMart store clerk looks around and shows off the $600 or so PC, which was
| not in her target price range. After a bit more asking the clerk goes, “Well,
| we do have 1 machine in the back. Every store has only gotten one, but it’s
| only $200.
|
| She asks to see it, and he brings it out. Says something about having
| Firefox, goes onto Facebook, Google Mail, has office tools, etc. She
| goes, “that’ll work for me” and promptly buys it.
`----

http://www.purinchu.net/wp/2008/05/25/200-computers/

Choice. It worked for her.

Past scenario: buy computer, be forced to get something you'll remove anyway.
Some months ago less than 1% of businesses adopted Vista. Sold, not deployed.

Related:

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista has certainly been slow out of the gate. Sure, Microsoft is putting the
| operating system on newly shipped systems, but Vista sales didn’t benefit
| from the upgrade surge that previous OSes got upon release. A year after it
| began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops are running
| Vista. * *
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...indows_vi.html

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software.
`----

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles...n.olympic.pcs/

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *

| Lenovo.

`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

Interesting comment from CompUSA