[News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu - Linux ; Colin Wilson wrote: > Haven't you heard of a BSOD ? > > If you haven't seen one, you're one of the few who hasn't, Then you won't mind not posting to cola or aolu until your XP system blue ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    Colin Wilson wrote:

    > Haven't you heard of a BSOD ?
    >
    > If you haven't seen one, you're one of the few who hasn't,

    Then you won't mind not posting to cola or aolu until your XP system blue
    screens?

    Thought so, liar.

  2. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    > Then you won't mind not posting to cola or aolu until your XP system blue
    > screens?
    > Thought so, liar.

    Apologies, I didn't realise the other tosser had cross-posted...

  3. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:23:20 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

    >> So you prefer a Linux distribution that locks up, freezes and causes the
    >> user endless hours of frustration then.

    > Simple statement of fact:

    Facts and Linux advocates are mutually exclusive.

    > * We already put up with it in Windows *
    > Haven't you heard of a BSOD ?

    Heard of?
    Yes.
    Experienced?
    Once or twice when I had a bad DIMM and a sick hdisk.

    > If you haven't seen one, you're one of the few who hasn't, so please
    > stop trying to get a FREE product you hate working, and leave it to
    > people who are (typically) using and coding it for free - and are
    > happy to put up with what *you* think is instability but may not be an
    > issue for 99% of the population.

    Linux sucks for the desktop.
    The applications for the most part look, act and perform like amateur
    software.
    The help systems stink.
    The support for newly released hardware is marginal at best.
    The integration with popular hand held multimedia devices is a cluster****.
    .........and so forth.

    Now add in the obvious instability problems the latest versions of Ubuntu
    and Fedora 9 seem to be suffering from, and Linux turns out to be a huge
    stinker.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic