Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Seemingly Screwing Taxpayers BehindClosed Doors - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Seemingly Screwing Taxpayers BehindClosed Doors - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > ____/ Homer on Sunday 25 May 2008 16:20 : \____ >> What are Newham Council and Microsoft hiding? > > I'm just glad that The INQ has this new ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Seemingly Screwing Taxpayers BehindClosed Doors

    > ____/ Homer on Sunday 25 May 2008 16:20 : \____

    >> What are Newham Council and Microsoft hiding?

    > I'm just glad that The INQ has this new writer/contributor called
    > Mark Ballard, who has been investigating these corruptions for a
    > while and then shared his findings. People in the UK mail each other
    > about this and I don't think Richard Steele will be CIO of the year
    > ever again in the future.
    >
    > Gotta love the Internet!

    Here's the previous Memorandum of Understanding (a.k.a. "lockin"):

    http://images.vnu.net/gb/inquirer/ne...erstanding.doc

    I bet I can guess which part has changed, and why all parties involved
    are so keen to keep it hidden under the table:

    Contact Strategy and Involvement

    The success of this partnership [Ed. "conspiracy"] requires the
    commitment and participation [Ed. "collusion"] of the Mayor, Chief
    Executive, Senior Directors as well as divisional Line of Business
    Managers [Ed. "conspirators"]. In due course, it is envisaged that more
    public awareness can be sought with elected Councillors and Members [Ed.
    "controlled leaks"].

    In return Microsoft would establish a mutual executive contact plan [Ed.
    ["lockin racketeering"] with Newham and enable access to Microsoft
    corporate facilities and public sector forums {Ed. "you get to meet
    other conspirators"]. This will offer access to the full breadth of
    business experience [Ed. "you'll be privy to some of our racketeering
    methods"] within Microsoft and establish good personal relationships
    [Ed. "you'll be initiated into the crime-family"].

    Through matching executives [Ed. "goons"] from Microsoft, it is expected
    that the MOU signatories [Ed. "conspirators"] would advocate the
    partnership [Ed. "lockin"] to other Microsoft customers, elected members
    and other interested parties [Ed. "you also have to corrupt others"].

    It is also expected that regular Skills transfers sessions are
    undertaken either in the UK and or Overseas to ensure that Newham Staff
    are fully up to speed on all new and impending technology initiatives to
    evaluate the application within Newham [Ed. "we get to infiltrate your
    organisation with our top goons, and work it from the inside, to ensure
    it remains locked in to our products for years to come"].
    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    20:02:56 up 156 days, 16:38, 5 users, load average: 0.40, 0.37, 0.33

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Seemingly Screwing Taxpayers Behind Closed Doors

    ____/ Homer on Sunday 25 May 2008 20:03 : \____

    >> ____/ Homer on Sunday 25 May 2008 16:20 : \____

    >>> What are Newham Council and Microsoft hiding?

    >> I'm just glad that The INQ has this new writer/contributor called
    >> Mark Ballard, who has been investigating these corruptions for a
    >> while and then shared his findings. People in the UK mail each other
    >> about this and I don't think Richard Steele will be CIO of the year
    >> ever again in the future.
    >>
    >> Gotta love the Internet!

    > Here's the previous Memorandum of Understanding (a.k.a. "lockin"):

    http://images.vnu.net/gb/inquirer/ne...erstanding.doc

    > I bet I can guess which part has changed, and why all parties involved
    > are so keen to keep it hidden under the table:
    >

    > Contact Strategy and Involvement
    >
    > The success of this partnership [Ed. "conspiracy"] requires the
    > commitment and participation [Ed. "collusion"] of the Mayor, Chief
    > Executive, Senior Directors as well as divisional Line of Business
    > Managers [Ed. "conspirators"]. In due course, it is envisaged that more
    > public awareness can be sought with elected Councillors and Members [Ed.
    > "controlled leaks"].
    >
    > In return Microsoft would establish a mutual executive contact plan [Ed.
    > ["lockin racketeering"] with Newham and enable access to Microsoft
    > corporate facilities and public sector forums {Ed. "you get to meet
    > other conspirators"]. This will offer access to the full breadth of
    > business experience [Ed. "you'll be privy to some of our racketeering
    > methods"] within Microsoft and establish good personal relationships
    > [Ed. "you'll be initiated into the crime-family"].
    >
    > Through matching executives [Ed. "goons"] from Microsoft, it is expected
    > that the MOU signatories [Ed. "conspirators"] would advocate the
    > partnership [Ed. "lockin"] to other Microsoft customers, elected members
    > and other interested parties [Ed. "you also have to corrupt others"].
    >
    > It is also expected that regular Skills transfers sessions are
    > undertaken either in the UK and or Overseas to ensure that Newham Staff
    > are fully up to speed on all new and impending technology initiatives to
    > evaluate the application within Newham [Ed. "we get to infiltrate your
    > organisation with our top goons, and work it from the inside, to ensure
    > it remains locked in to our products for years to come"].

    *Richard Steele grinning*

    This reminds me of something that I read quite recently (because of similar
    type of corruption in France:

    Open Parliament

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Many participants and speakers referenced to the OOXML standardisation
    | process, in particular were intrigued by the French AFNOR developments.
    | Generally speakers feel concerned about OOXML to become a standard in
    | governmental procurement. In private a government delegate compared
    | Microsoft's public affairs methods with the scientology cult. * *

    http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-54634/open-parliament

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
    they should do a delicate dance"
    --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

+ Reply to Thread